sometimes i can't find sources for topics i'm interested in and could use your help. this thread therefore is basically made for me, but also hopefully in the future for anybody looking for information...at a price!

What I Need From You Today

I know that the NHS in Britain is funded from third world extraction - what I'm looking for are quotations from anyone involved in government in the time period acknowledging this as the basis for their foreign policy. Extra points for Attlee.

THANKS!
gotta hunt for quotes in "Imperialism and the British Labour Movement, 1914-1964" Partha Sarathi Gupta
tomato sauce, love that one
I think we had a conversation here a while back about SETI being a singal intelligence cutout but I can't remember where, I think it revolved around having an excuse to put dishes in Turkey and try snooping on Soviet space comms, asking for a friend
[account deactivated]
SETI is the Search for ExtraTerrestrial Intelligence

Acdtrux posted:

does anybody have resources on mormons, mormonism, LDS church, etc?

literally the only topic where I would recommend one of Jon Krakauer's depression-symptoms-expressed-as-books

[account deactivated]
that krakauer book is a fine read, also tabasco sauce
making bearnaise sauce at home and feeling like a fancy chef
those sauces which say things like LIMITED EDITION EXTREME NAGA DEATH PASTE are pretty cool as an appetite suppressant, plus they taste sublime spread on toast
[account deactivated]

liceo posted:

if you're referring to marmite or any of its siblings, then mods, gas this fucking thread

talk shit on vegemite again and i will ifap you

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

Acdtrux posted:

edit this with something good later

This post is the peak of your posting career

this isn't what you want op but i'm reading about third world extraction (torkils new book on $v€₫€₦ imperialism) and he quotes this bit from Aimé Césaire:

Yes, it would be worthwhile to study clinically, in detail, the steps taken by Hitler and Hitlerism and to reveal to the very distinguished, very humanistic, very Christian bourgeois of the twentieth century, that, without being aware of it, they have a Hitler inside them. That Hitler inhabits them, that Hitler is their demon - if they rail against him they are being inconsistent. At the bottom what he cannot forgive Hitler for is not crime in itself, the crime against man, it is not the humiliation of man as such, its the crime against the white man, the humiliation of the white man, and the fact the he applied to Europe colonialist procedures which until then had been reserved exclusively for the Arabs of Algeria, the coolies of India, and the niggers of Afrika.

it made me laugh, the thought that every white man has a little hitler inside him

karphead posted:

this isn't what you want op but i'm reading about third world extraction (torkils new book on $v€₫€₦ imperialism) and he quotes this bit from Aimé Césaire:

Yes, it would be worthwhile to study clinically, in detail, the steps taken by Hitler and Hitlerism and to reveal to the very distinguished, very humanistic, very Christian bourgeois of the twentieth century, that, without being aware of it, they have a Hitler inside them. That Hitler inhabits them, that Hitler is their demon - if they rail against him they are being inconsistent. At the bottom what he cannot forgive Hitler for is not crime in itself, the crime against man, it is not the humiliation of man as such, its the crime against the white man, the humiliation of the white man, and the fact the he applied to Europe colonialist procedures which until then had been reserved exclusively for the Arabs of Algeria, the coolies of India, and the niggers of Afrika.

it made me laugh, the thought that every white man has a little hitler inside him

discourse on colonialism is a hell of a polemic

i'm a big Hitler and I want a big cereal!
I remember reading somewhere a quote along the lines of "sleep on a stone in a cave and eat gruel for 10 years and gather your forces" but I can't remember it exactly. I think it was quoted as something to do with the Chinese Cultural Revolution? But the actual quote maybe isn't from that time but from a much earlier Chinese writer? Maybe I'm entirely wrong and it's not from China at all. If anyone could help me find this quote and the source of it, I would be very grateful.
that sounds cool, i would also like to know the source
It's called 'going goblin mode'
the quote might have said to eat slime rather than gruel, if that helps