buy now https://www.leftwingbooks.net/book/content/principal-contradiction
has the kersplebedeb top banner always been this insanely unreadable or am I just noticing it now, either way, incredible power move.

Read an interview with him from MR and a little bit more. Thanks for the rec, I bought it.
Is this that guy who tried to rob banks to fund african anticolonial rebellions or am i confused?

edit: whoops it was the pflp

Edited by c_man ()

c_man posted:

Is this that guy who tried to rob banks to fund african anticolonial rebellions or am i confused?

edit: whoops it was the pflp

They also helped out the MPLA I think. But not with bank robbing money specifically.

shriekingviolet posted:

has the kersplebedeb top banner always been this insanely unreadable or am I just noticing it now, either way, incredible power move.

I checked last month or so and they said the website was changing. Also this is leftwingbooks.net not kersplebedeb.com, not sure which they prefer

got this today and read a lot of it. good stuff.
i finished this-- was it ever conclusively identified? the candidates (rephrased) were inter-imperialist rivalry between US/EU/JPN, the class contradiction (which he held as insufficient), north/south, and the ecological contradiction. did i miss it, which one is principle, where do we go from here, where do we intervene?

in my opinion the principle contradiction today is still the land question. it might seem quaint to us people who eat from supermarkets, but it was the primary question of 20th century revolutions, and it includes the ecological question (the cause of the mass extinction is expansion of our species' niche, the farm). the land question, on this particular land, is at the center of the national questions, over decolonization and slave reparations. historically, at the perimeters of the empire, there have been communes, and in our era, from occupy to CHAZ to portland, the revolutionaries in the street build new 'perimeters', small temporary communes within white zones. they are not restructuring a 'relationship of production', or trying some labor-based value form, or organizing a sit-down strike -- the street rev goal is to take and rethink physical territory: the land. and we should listen to that. a novel answer to the land question could shake the world, it's where we should intervene.

Edited by toyot ()