*clearing throat* lmao.
That cop really wants to take that hat off the statue's ass for the sake of honor but he can't because it's evidence from the scene of the crime of statue murder.

Another angle of the farmyard full of oinkers, wallowing in their shameful failure to protect their metal lord. The K-9 unit has been deployed so the dog can piss on Sam's face while the cops cry. Here's what the cops look like tonight ಥ_ಥ . That cop with the tattoos is especially sad because every day of his life he wakes up and remembers he still has those tattoos.
have a nice trip see you next fall

Not everyone on campus was happy. Zachary Kosnitzky, a student in the class of 2020, characterized the toppling of the statue as “mob rule.”

“I understand why they want what they want,” he told The Post. “I think it’s a reasonable goal. I just think the way they went about it is improper.”
one participant in the rally earlier that day was arrested for "concealing their face during a public rally" a law that was originally passed as an effort to curtail klan terrorists
and of course since 2015 it's illegal to take down Public Monuments without the express approval of the state governor's good old boys club

they have never even met once yet to discuss relocating any white nationalist monument

if im reading this right the university would have had to petition the commission for permission to remove silent sam. last year the university spend nearly $400k to protect silent sam from their students

Edited by zhaoyao ()

The people of the Triangle (Durham/Raleigh/Chapel Hill) and students at UNC have united to tear down yet another Confederate monument in Black August, days after the anniversary of the peoples victory taking down the Durham statue as well as the Haitian Revolution. The methods used should be studied widely and improved upon for future struggles. Its easy to get lost in cynicism in the face of nearly unending reaction, but this is yet another event that proves direct action gets the goods. I'd like to invite posters to come to a conference this weekend entitled How to Tear Down a Statue, How to Tear Down a Wall for further discussion.

Edited by JohnBeige ()

the cop that thought itd be cool to bring an attack dog to their little memorial vigil there otta get blasted w a fire hose

i wish i could make it over the mountains to join y'all johnbeige but its not in the cards for me atm :|

Edited by zhaoyao ()

last year the university spend nearly $400k to protect silent sam from their students

another "w" for fiscal conservatism

this is pure tea

ghostpinballer posted:

this is pure tea

No that’s a White Russian? Mods?

Ten people were arrested today for resisting white supremacy; 7 in Chapel Hill and 3 other comrades from Durham had their warrants served. Share and donate to the Freedom Fighter Bond Fund: durhamsolidaritycenter.org. We have to keep fighting to tear down white supremacy! #Dropemnow #dropthecharges #tearemdown #smashwhitesupremacy #defenddurham #blacklivesmatter

http://durhamsolidaritycenter.org/bondfund/

Edited by JohnBeige ()

ialdabaoth posted:

Not everyone on campus was happy. Zachary Kosnitzky, “I think it’s a reasonable goal. I just think the way they went about it is improper.”

glad that we all agree the proper way to overcome reactionary cultural symbols and related phenomena is through proletarian dictatorship