just checking out the history of drew curtises fark dot com, never heard of this place before and its pretty cool!

Fark was created in 1999 by Drew Curtis of Lexington, Kentucky. Curtis states that the word "fark" originated either from a chat room euphemism for a popular four letter F-word, or from a drunken misspelling, although he tells people it is the former because it is a "better story that way".[4] He registered Fark.com in September 1997, when a friend mentioned that all of the four letter domain names were disappearing.[5]

heres the origin story of the website, pretty coool! (i already said that)

Originally, Fark contained no content except for an image of a squirrel with large testicles. This photograph is that of a Cape Ground Squirrel in Etosha National Park, Namibia

*nodding* this speeks to me quite a lot actually

Since 1993, Curtis had frequently read morning news stories and exchanged them with friends. Although this would later become the inspiration for Fark, Curtis toyed with the idea of starting an online curry recipe database.[5]

this on the other hand sounds lik a very difficult time for drew

Curtis launched Foobies.com in 2006 as a NSFW (not safe for work) offshoot of Fark, primarily because advertisers complained about links to female breasts on the main site.[14] Customers could purchase NSFW links through Foobies at the price of $400 per link.[12][15]

at this point curtisis launching foobies, a NSFW (not safe for work) off shoot of Fark dot com, primarilybecause abvertizers comblained about links 2 female breast s on the main websyte [forteen]

Fark launched Fark TV on January 17, 2007. The first video was a spoof ad for a mock product called "Meth Coffee."[16] In May 2008, Turner Broadcasting announced that it would be folding SuperDeluxe, Fark TV's host site, into the Adult Swim brand, and laying off most of the staff, effectively canceling Fark TV.[17]

laughing so hard at the video “meth coffee” from farktv, *wiping awaytears* damn thats a good coffee video

A new design for the website was launched on April 25, 2007, with the comment, "Fark site redesign is now live. Hope nothing breaks, we're all out drinking."[18]

on april 25th 2007 dew curtis and the staff of drew curtises far k launced a new design for the website

Curtis published the book, It's Not News, It's Fark: How Mass Media Tries to Pass off Crap as News in May 2007. The book critically explores the mass media industry and the go-to stories used when there is a lack of hard news to report.[10] It sold 25,000 copies in its first 12 weeks on the market. Despite its initial strong reception, the book only received mild attention from reviewers. Salon.com gave it a favorable review, although the only major newspaper to review it was the Tucson Citizen, which only gave it a mini-review.[21]

the only major newspaper tjhat reviewed drew curtises fark dot coms ints not news its fark how mass media tries to pass fof crap as news in may 2007 was the Tucson Citizen and it should be clearly noted that they only gave it a minir-eview

At the 2012 TED Conference in Long Beach, California, he referred to patent trolls as "terrorists", comparing them to the Abu Sayyaf terror group in the Philippines, which kidnapped people for ransom, collected small sums of money, expanded with more personnel and equipment, and then kidnapped more people for higher ransoms.

in 2012 drew curtis shocked the the ted talks world by denouncing patent trolls as an offshoot of Abu Sayyaf (/ˈɑːbuː sɑːˈjɑːf/ ( listen); Arabic: جماعة أبو سياف‎; Jamāʿat Abū Sayyāf, ASG; Filipino: Grupong Abu Sayyaf), usually known as Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant – Philippines Province!!! who wikipedia tell me swore an oath to Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, that is terrifying!

Sorry I couldnt find any more history so thats it for the history of fark,,,

,,, thanks for reading! ^_^

I didn't know SuperDeluxe was behind proto-Reddit. Nowadays they're big players in the Facebook and Instagram meme scenes. They pay a lot of the more popular "alternative" style meme creators for branded content.

colddays posted:

I didn't know SuperDeluxe was behind proto-Reddit. Nowadays they're big players in the Facebook and Instagram meme scenes. They pay a lot of the more popular "alternative" style meme creators for branded content.

colddays posted:

Nowadays they're big players in the Facebook and Instagram meme scenes

same

[account deactivated]
*nodding and pretending to agree with you but actually not*