[account deactivated]
Add the British nuclear tests at Maralinga, South Australia to that list.
[account deactivated]
the first third or so of john pilger's recent documentary "the coming war on china" focuses on US colonialism in the pacific, including atomic weaponry testing and the legacy thereof

i dont disagree with the OP but what about the nuclear tests conducted by ussr? more than half of them were in kazakhstan
[account deactivated]
for whatever reason that reminded me of Louis Slotin, the idiot canadian at Los Alamos in the 40s who held two halves of a critical mass apart with the tip of a screwdriver during a lab experiment, and then it slipped and he died over the next nine days in excruciating pain. don't be Louis
farcGIS

toyotathon posted:

the french tied algerians to poles in blast range and it was not to test gamma rays and shock waves.

i wouldn't put it past them to do something like this but do you have a source for it?

the only thing i can find is about goats:

Guinea Pigs in Algerian Sahara

Some 195 soldiers, transported from a French military site in Germany, were positioned in holes at three kilometers from point zero. They were told never to reveal what they saw and did. In front of them they attached goats to poles. One of the goats became blind after the test.

and this lovely bit:

On July 2, 1966, soldiers saw children playing on the beach of Mangareva island in French Polynesia. They kept silent, but they knew the wind was carrying strong radioactivity, that the soil was contaminated, and that the children were endangered. To warn the parents would mean warning the world France was going to poison an inhabited island. So they kept their mouth shut.

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]