Slightly Good News of the Week
https://antifascistnews.net/2017/01/17/mike-enoch-is-now-leaving-his-wife-after-white-nationalists-admonish-him-for-marrying-a-jewish-woman/
Also this getting published in the Nation
https://www.thenation.com/article/anti-fascist-activists-are-fighting-the-alt-right-in-the-streets/
i cant believe a nazi would be so callous
I told the normies at work that Trump isn't going to say the oath of office... he's going to tweet it!

Everyone laughed a lot and Im basically a god to them now.
personally, i am not looking forward to this administration.
accentuate the contradictions. immanentize the eschaton
also hey swampman are these your ppl? if so lol

le_nelson_mandela_face posted:

i would like to see the follow up gif where someone punches him in the face now please

Ken Jennings nooooooo

it's comforting to see 100% sober voting adults acting this way, in public to total strangers, over a political outcome, much like i did around my friends 13 years ago in highschool after i had sex for the first time

one of my former peace corps colleagues posted this on facebook and its a pretty good question imo

Weird stuff at the inauguration: When Mike Pence raised his right hand to swear, his lifeline was one of those "I've lived through Hell and survived" lifelines. And. It showed that he has great physical health -- but both lifelines (yes he actually had two) suddenly ended. Abruptly. Mid-life. What the freak does that mean?

trump: America for Americans. We're going to fight for you and our country and nobody else. America! Patriotism for America! America reigns supreme and we will make our military strong and we'll stop funding other militaries, God Bless America!!

commentator: Hm, a very populist speech, from Donald Trump

are they under orders to use the word populist instead of nationalist because that was some pretty potent nationalism

good.

interesting pov...
he looks like an even chubbier Michael Showalter
Sounded like a coup speech. When the military guys were talking behind Trump and then all walked away I expected him to declare the Empire of America and have the military reemerge with congress being led by bayonet. Shame none of that will happen like in my political fanfics.
https://www.whitehouse.gov/law-enforcement-community

One of the fundamental rights of every American is to live in a safe community. A Trump Administration will empower our law enforcement officers to do their jobs and keep our streets free of crime and violence. The Trump Administration will be a law and order administration. President Trump will honor our men and women in uniform and will support their mission of protecting the public. The dangerous anti-police atmosphere in America is wrong. The Trump Administration will end it.

The Trump Administration is committed to reducing violent crime. In 2015, homicides increased by 17% in America’s fifty largest cities. That’s the largest increase in 25 years. In our nation’s capital, killings have risen by 50 percent. There were thousands of shootings in Chicago last year alone.

Our country needs more law enforcement, more community engagement, and more effective policing.

Our job is not to make life more comfortable for the rioter, the looter, or the violent disrupter. Our job is to make life more comfortable for parents who want their kids to be able to walk the streets safely. Or the senior citizen waiting for a bus. Or the young child walking home from school.
nice pol pot reference in the thread title btw, shame we don't see more of those
what a time to be alive
oh oh here we go
Glad to see Workers world upholding the correct line here in the streets of DC

glad to see tpaine keeping busy irl
this speech is extremely fascist, heres some selected highlights

The oath of office I take today is an oath of allegiance to all Americans.

(APPLAUSE)

For many decades, we've enriched foreign industry at the expense of American industry; subsidized the armies of other countries, while allowing for the very sad depletion of our military. We've defended other nations' borders while refusing to defend our own.

(APPLAUSE)

And spent trillions and trillions of dollars overseas while America's infrastructure has fallen into disrepair and decay. We've made other countries rich, while the wealth, strength and confidence of our country has dissipated over the horizon.

One by one, the factories shuttered and left our shores, with not even a thought about the millions and millions of American workers that were left behind. The wealth of our middle class has been ripped from their homes and then redistributed all across the world. (hahahaha)

We assembled here today are issuing a new decree to be heard in every city, in every foreign capital, and in every hall of power. From this day forward, a new vision will govern our land. From this day forward, it's going to be only America first, America first.

(APPLAUSE)

Every decision on trade, on taxes, on immigration, on foreign affairs will be made to benefit American workers and American families. We must protect our borders from the ravages of other countries making our products, stealing our companies and destroying our jobs.

(APPLAUSE)

Protection will lead to great prosperity and strength. I will fight for you with every breath in my body and I will never ever let you down.

(APPLAUSE)

America will start winning again, winning like never before.

(APPLAUSE)

We will bring back our jobs. We will bring back our borders. We will bring back our wealth. And we will bring back our dreams.

(APPLAUSE)

We will build new roads and highways and bridges and airports and tunnels and railways all across our wonderful nation. We will get our people off of welfare and back to work, rebuilding our country with American hands and American labor.

(APPLAUSE)

We will follow two simple rules; buy American and hire American.

(APPLAUSE)

At the bedrock of our politics will be a total allegiance to the United States of America, and through our loyalty to our country, we will rediscover our loyalty to each other. When you open your heart to patriotism, there is no room for prejudice.

(APPLAUSE)

The Bible tells us how good and pleasant it is when God's people live together in unity. We must speak our minds openly, debate our disagreements honestly, but always pursue solidarity. When America is united, America is totally unstoppable.

Do not allow anyone to tell you that it cannot be done. No challenge can match the heart and fight and spirit of America. We will not fail. Our country will thrive and prosper again.

We stand at the birth of a new millennium, ready to unlock the mysteries of space, to free the earth from the miseries of disease, and to harness the energies, industries and technologies of tomorrow. A new national pride will stir ourselves, lift our sights and heal our divisions.

It's time to remember that old wisdom our soldiers will never forget, that whether we are black or brown or white, we all bleed the same red blood of patriots.

(APPLAUSE)

We all enjoy the same glorious freedoms and we all salute the same great American flag.

Together, we will make America strong again. We will make America wealthy again. We will make America proud again. We will make America safe again. And yes, together we will make America great again.

(APPLAUSE)

Thank you. God bless you. And God bless America.

Trump team wanted tanks, missile launchers in parade: report

whitehouse.gov has removed the ablity to view the website in spanish
Gotta admit i was lulled by recent news and chatter into thinking he would "just" be a flagrantly corrupt kleptocrat and the campaign pathos of hate and resentment would simmer down. Was expecting a white noise inauguration speech, but nope, very openly fascist. "America First."
Also I wonder if "American carnage" is code for "white genocide"
Lol that is horrifying and I am genuinely scared for our future
yeah not only was subway ridership far less but protesters shut down most of the checkpoints for access into there

ilmdge posted:

trump: America for Americans. We're going to fight for you and our country and nobody else. America! Patriotism for America! America reigns supreme and we will make our military strong and we'll stop funding other militaries, God Bless America!!

commentator: Hm, a very populist speech, from Donald Trump

are they under orders to use the word populist instead of nationalist because that was some pretty potent nationalism

on NPR they had a conversation as to whether it was a patriotic appeal or a nationalist one, which was an important distinction to all participants because while Patriotism is Good, Nationalism... isn't always?

yesterday there was a story in The Hill that said the transition team was using a heritage foundation "blue print" which included eliminating the main source of funding for pretty much every legal aid office including the one i work at. so that's pretty cool
for most americans patriotism is cool and was rehabilitated by Health Ledger and Mel Gibson in that one tomahawk scene but nationalism is still something people watch H2 documentaries on and pretend is a "20th century phenomenon", much like Communism, Martian Canals, or the discovery of the Planet Vulkan

littlegreenpills posted:

also hey swampman are these your ppl? if so lol

haha I just saw his post in the other thread. It actually could be lol

[account deactivated]
yes i was at the inauguration and got a clear photo of the festivities: