n/t
i'd be happy with an ordinary everyday landlord, fuck
my mom is a landlord and i yell at her every day, usually GIVE ME MONEY I HATE YOU

karphead posted:

i'd be happy with an ordinary everyday landlord, fuck

as an ex-bostonian this makes even more sense

i love and respect my landlord but i disagree with the concept of private property welp

The_Boourns_Identity posted:

i love and respect my landlord

this will pass

Its his mom
It's so rare that you know the solution before you have even identified the problem. The rot that afflicts our once-prosperous empire has many indicia. The problems that beset it are manifold and defy reform or even admitting the possibility of reform. But the solution is readily apparent: blood in the streets.
language FACT: the words executive and execution both have the same root

camera_obscura posted:

It's so rare that you know the solution before you have even identified the problem. The rot that afflicts our once-prosperous empire has many indicia. The problems that beset it are manifold and defy reform or even admitting the possibility of reform. But the solution is readily apparent: blood in the streets.

it's a sativa hybrid. at least most are

A sativa hybrid you say
I understand executing a few bankers, that's fine, but landlords? Come on now. Remember the inscription: nothing in excess.
no
nothing in excess, especially following advice
after spending all morning looking at apartment listings in advance of this year's anticipated annual 15% rent increase, I add my support to karphead's motion.
every economist i read about claims that there are downward forces on rent and that the price is elastic but nobody has written the piece i want to read, which is the one that explains how turning real estate into the only way for rich people to store wealth and real estate owners acting like a de facto cartel means the prices don't go down until a natural disaster, war, or race riot
my rent went up $100 when we re-upped the lease last weekend, woooooo yeah city life
just a hundred? honestly not bad
one of the many unfortunate things about how corporations work is that all of the nativists have no idea whether it is rich han/qatari/whatever nationals that owns all the real estate in their area or not

i feel like if it was JOHNNY CHINESE INC people would be a lot more concerned about whether or not it is a good idea to allow the speculative/investment market to determine the price of such an important aspect of life on earth
*not racist
apparently a troop is going to be crashing in my home tonight. if i'm lucky the cat will get real snuggly and smother him in his sleep.
but i plan on drinking him to death, just to make sure
sounds sexy
I once saw someone renting a fold out bed in an under the stairs cupboard in Dublin on daft.ie. it cost 250 euro

guillotine all landlords
http://www.theguardian.com/society/2014/feb/23/london-houseboat-slum-rents-barge

"Many of this group were the last people you would imagine finding there: a teenage girl who worked at John Lewis; an 18-year-old Essex boy who was an apprentice chef in Chessington World of Adventures. In an ideal world they would want an en-suite, with enough sockets for a hairdryer, straighteners, dryer and a flat-screen TV. Instead they found themselves in a damp, tiny room with electricity for three hours a day. There was only one reason these people were there: money. For their rooms they paid up to £360 a month, but mostly in the mid-£200s. There were no bills, but there were no services either; it was all off-grid.

How can someone charge £360 a month in a dwelling without running water, central heating or adequate sanitation facilities? Because the crippling costs of renting in London mean many people simply cannot raise enough money to secure decent accommodation."
I don't know about your awful country, but in my awful country they could supposedly withhold rent while still living there until those problems were remedied. Meanwhile, in real life, good luck going up against the slumlords.
race riots provably lower rent prices, just saying

camera_obscura posted:

race riots provably lower rent prices, just saying

they just had one of those here, like, .. well i guess it was 5 years ago now already. must be time for another one

toutvabien posted:

my rent went up $100 when we re-upped the lease last weekend, woooooo yeah city life

it's your gift for being such a lovely host