If you are using tHE r H i z z o n E or any other social networking website to communicate, you are NECESSARILY DISCRIMINATING against the almost 16% of the planet who are born illiterate. That means, unable to read - even the short words you can understand.

Wired posted a surprisingly okay article about this, which I will link here in lieu of adding more content to this thread.
http://www.wired.com/2010/03/connectivity-for-the-illiterate/

I posted this in The Faily Planet because I thought it was a frivolous topic. If you all find some way to advance the science of Marxism in this thread I hope it will be then moved to the main forums so that some diligent reader can have a pleasant surprise.
[account deactivated]
Thats not a ny,ny zipcode but you would know that if you could read
[account deactivated]
im a zip code
since when has literacy ever been a prerequisite for posting on social networks or here
actually, OP: every time i get an email from someone above me that misuses there/their/they're or makes another grammatical mistake that should get you laughed out of the sixth grade i'm reminded that the illiterate are the power class
I have a zip code, Greg. Can you mail me?
"What brilliant society, riddled with Gothic techno-moguls and untrackable hordes in favelas, would pioneer that enterprise?"
The author seems confused about whether he's supposed to be a excited hype man, a conspiring ultra-leftist, or a concerned & very serious anti-totalitarian citizen a la Orwell. Which is fine (for him), since the article got written and circulated regardless of how he positioned himself, and the angst about pov is an element of the final product.
Yeah the Wired writers are like teenagers in 90s sitcoms trying to lose their virginity in an atmosphere of peer pressure, except instead of getting genitalia interlocked they want to be processed by nanobots
The more powerful you become the less you have to do in terms of day to day mundane tasks... Typo heavy writing is a power move. Be aware of what's going on around you.
Suppose you met someone who you found out was illiterate. Would you date him or her, or is illiteracy a dealbreaker? Would you try to teach him or her how to read and write? Please feel free to share thoughts, experiences, etc.

Please be serious, stay on topic, and be civil.
its funny seeing how angry these people get about black culture thing intruding on their cool nerdy metal. reading youtube comments is never a waste of time (except when it is)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWFWazj7Ud8

Spatial_Reasoning posted:

Suppose you met someone who you found out was illiterate. Would you date him or her, or is illiteracy a dealbreaker? Would you try to teach him or her how to read and write? Please feel free to share thoughts, experiences, etc.

Please be serious, stay on topic, and be civil.

my girlfriend messes English up sometimes but rarely. she learned it in her teens so I should give her more of a break but instead I'm tiresome and pedantic. she stays with me even though my French is conversational but simple. neither of us really make spelling mistakes in either language though. anyway I decided not to break up with her, thanks for listening to my song

nah fuckin' sever. bro