[account deactivated]
REOowwrrrrrr IM JOPSEPH KONY IM GONNA GET YA *paws you*
'
mewwww meewww meoeowwrrr
the beeb picked up on this last night, and got on the phone to bully some ugandan peace worker about why she thought it was a bad idea to send in are brave boys
interview w/ kony

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshhEk16p80re9j8X31h
rare footage of kony
You dont fight for PEACE with GUNS Dumbass!!!! Kony IS WACKED in the head and so are all the soldiers who think WAR is going to make PEACE. AND ITS TRUE PEOPLE BELIEVE anything. Buyt whose responsibility is it to make a difference? DONT TELL me OPRAH WINFREY, OBAMA and all the influencial people out there, are LYING about what is Happening!!!! Cmon ppl! Step it up, get smart and face the reality of whats going on. IS the VALUE of HUMAN LIFE important in our Nation!? If it is, we cannot stand there and let this happen because of what we FEAR will be the consequence. This guy needs to be stpopped. They need some LOGIC in their country!!!!!! To me, as sad as it is, I am a Canadian 19 year old and I believe they lack a LOT of education if they think they are fighting for the "Ten Commandments" by kiling innocent Children. BY THE WAY KONY, The first commandment IS: YOU SHALL NOT KILL. Kony is fucked up!!!!!!
http://www.pslweb.org/liberationnews/news/whats-behind-kony-2012.html

xipe posted:
interview w/ kony

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshhEk16p80re9j8X31h

god fucking dammit

All of this shit over democracy! The global democratic movement is the collective degeneration of man!
1 hour ago 1 Like

deadken posted:

Top Comments

I'm glad I got into racial politics. Videos like this have really opened my eyes to new things.

Thank you for sharing.

Dipstikk 2 years ago 27

this kony thing is interesting. it's the first time that i remember the ruling class using social media web 2.0 as imperialist propaganda and having such a large reaction. i think its becoming more and more well known now that kony is a fraud, which should have some terrible consequences to how the Western ruling class views the Internet.
i dont think its always wise to assume collusion when idiocy and misplaced idealism are a perfectly feasible explanation.... ruling-class ideology is deeply implanted, peoples desire to good ends up being expressed within its parameters
that is collusion though regardless whether its intentional or not?? unless your definition is like people consciously making ruthlessly calculated decisions while twirling their mustache as if some kind of cartoon super villain, which is nonexistant in reality
i see my friends

deadken posted:
i dont think its always wise to assume collusion when idiocy and misplaced idealism are a perfectly feasible explanation.... ruling-class ideology is deeply implanted, peoples desire to good ends up being expressed within its parameters

Hanlon's Razor; never attribute to malice what can be explained by stupidity?

in truth if the result is the same whats the difference

high_on_lds posted:

deadken posted:

Hanlon's Razor; never attribute to malice what can be explained by stupidity?

in truth if the result is the same whats the difference

it's important to Liberals who assume that all the world's problems stem from people not knowing the right facts, that all we have to do is make people stop watching Fox News and tune into NPR and then everything will be right as rain. malice/systemic problems obviously can't be cured by this process so Libs pretend they don't exist

i don't "malice" as such exists, or at least it's so rare that it never affects the entire system. more like a baroque buckminsterfullerdome made of interlocking elements of self-justification, pitiful and transparent on their own but together a self-supporting edifice of titanic strength

methlabretriever posted:
this kony thing is interesting. it's the first time that i remember the ruling class using social media web 2.0 as imperialist propaganda and having such a large reaction.

twitter green for c.i.a. iran, no?

something something its your boy squeezy chips
http://thenewinquiry.com/blogs/zunguzungu/on-the-genre-of-raising-awareness-about-someone-elses-suffering/

blinkandwheeze posted:
twitter green for c.i.a. iran, no?

i would expect the c.i.a. to be involved some degree, but i think it was mostly the media running with a feel good story.

deadken posted:
http://thenewinquiry.com/blogs/zunguzungu/on-the-genre-of-raising-awareness-about-someone-elses-suffering/

good read.

[account deactivated]
good bye my kony island baby
gdspeed kon bone. gdspeed.
So we find out today here that Australian special forces have been running around Africa doing God knows what.

http://www.smh.com.au/national/secret-sas-teams-hunt-for-terrorists-20120312-1uwhy.html

A SECRET squadron of Australian SAS soldiers has been operating at large in Africa, performing work normally done by spies, in an unannounced and possibly dangerous expansion of Australia's foreign military engagement.

The deployment of the SAS's 4 Squadron - the existence of which has never been publicly confirmed - has put the special forces unit at the outer reaches of Australian and international law.

The Herald has confirmed that troopers from the squadron have mounted dozens of secret operations during the past year in various African nations, including Zimbabwe, Nigeria and Kenya.
Advertisement: Story continues below

Hunting for spies ... the SAS's 4 Squadron.
They have been out of uniform and not accompanied by Australian Secret Intelligence Service officers with whom undercover SAS forces are conventionally deployed.

It is believed the missions have involved gathering intelligence on terrorism and scoping rescue strategies for Australian civilians trapped by kidnapping or civil war.

But the operations have raised serious concerns within the Australian military and intelligence community because they involve countries where Australia is not at war.

There are also concerns within the SAS that the troopers do not have adequate legal protection or contingency plans should they be captured. ''They have all the espionage skills but without legal cover,'' said one government source. In a comment relayed to government officials, one soldier said: ''What happens if we get caught?''

A professor at Australian National University, Hugh White, a former deputy secretary of Defence, said: '' deprives the soldier of a whole lot of protections, including their legal status and in a sense their identity as a soldier. I think governments should think extremely carefully before they ask soldiers to do that.''

Despite the dangers, the then foreign affairs minister Kevin Rudd last year asked for troopers from 4 Squadron to be used in Libya during the conflict. His plan was thwarted by opposition from the Defence Minister, Stephen Smith, and the Chief of the Australian Defence Force, General David Hurley. Mr Smith and General Hurley declined to be interviewed for this story.

SAS 4 Squadron is based in Victoria, at Swan Island in Port Phillip Bay, a high-security facility that has doubled in size in the past decade, in part to accommodate the new squadron.

The squadron was formally raised in 2005 by the Howard government but the Herald has learnt that its intelligence-focused role was authorised in late 2010 or early 2011 by Mr Smith.

The SAS is at the forefront of gender change in the Australian military, with six female soldiers being trained in the US for their work with 4 Squadron.

Collecting intelligence overseas without using violence is the main function of ASIS, which was created in 1952 but not officially acknowledged until 1977.

Since the mid-1980s, ASIS has been refused permission to carry weapons or use violence but in 2004 the Howard government amended legislation to allow officers weapons for self-defence and to participate in violent operations provided they did not use force.

It was about that time that the creation of the fourth SAS squadron was authorised, to be an elite version of bodyguards and scouts for ASIS intelligence officers.

The African operations by 4 Squadron initially centred on possible rescue scenarios for endangered Australian citizens, such as the freelance journalist Nigel Brennan who was held by Somali rebels.
The soldiers have also assessed African border controls, explored landing sites for possible military interventions and assessed local politics and security.

ASIS officers are legally permitted to carry false Australian passports and, if arrested, can deny by whom they are employed. Defence Force members on normal operations cannot carry false identification or deny which government they work for.
While the SAS has worked alongside Australia's intelligence agencies for decades, the creation of a dedicated squadron mirrors the US model in which the military and intelligence services have forged much closer links.

That close relationship has resulted in the growing importance of the US's Joint Special Operations Command whose soldiers killed the al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden last year.

Some staff at the ADF's special operations command see 4 Squadron detracting from what they believe is the main effort - the war in Afghanistan and the counterterrorism teams on the east and west coasts of Australia, manned by soldiers from the 2nd Commando Regiment and the SAS respectively.

Others argue it is vital to Australia's contribution to the US fight against al Qaeda - particularly in the Horn of Africa where in recent years the US military and intelligence agencies have sharpened their focus.

US intelligence believes that many second-tier al-Qaeda fighters and leaders from Afghanistan and Pakistan have fled there. The intelligence gathered by the Australian soldiers in countries such as Kenya flows into databases used by the US and its allies in Africa.

Australia's security service, ASIO, is increasingly concerned by the domestic threat posed by the Somali Islamist terrorist group al-Shabaab. ASIO has concerns a group within Australia's growing Somali community is sending money to al-Shabaab.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/national/secret-sas-teams-hunt-for-terrorists-20120312-1uwhy.html#ixzz1owNkiSxC

Doesn't seem to have anything to do with Kony, but interesting timing and I really do wonder what exactly we're doing over there.

training east african kufaar for an invasion of somalia obv
It probably is largely to do with Somalia yeah. There have been a number of cases of “home grown” domestic terrorist plots here by Somalians that were “linked to” Al-Shababb.

On the other hand, certain parts of our government have been desperate to get us on the UN security council and have been building embassies and increasing aid to African countries to buy their votes. I totally wouldn’t be surprised if we’ve despatched some SAS to do some dirty work to get them on side.
lol somalis "linked" to al shabaab. i.e. theyre somali

babyfinland posted:
lol somalis "linked" to al shabaab. i.e. theyre somali

Here's the case in case you're interested.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holsworthy_Barracks_terror_plot

Not sure what the evidence convicting them was exactly.

those stories are so depressing. in the US its been proven that many of these are basically manufactured by the FBI; with the intent of finding terrorists, they basically push people who wouldnt otherwise be dangerous into doing it, supplying them with the arms, goading them into it, etc.

if there was a better effort towards facilitating intergration, both on the part of the muslim community and the general national community, these kinds of people wouldnt feel so alienated from their new homes. instead theres only hardliners and this whole terrorism/counter-terrorism trap
are u trying to imply that people shouldnt be actively sabotaging the u.s. government??/ what the fuck.

aerdil posted:
are u trying to imply that people shouldnt be actively sabotaging the u.s. government??/ what the fuck.

its against the shari'a

babyfinland posted:

aerdil posted:

its against the shari'a

*tons of leftists notions about Islam shatter at once*

aerdil posted:

Yeah there’s nothing good that could come of a terrorist attack here.

Although it worked to get Spain out of Iraq I guess?!?!

Ironicwarcriminal posted:

aerdil posted:

who knows how many millions of lives have been saved because of spain's ignoble retreat.

babyfinland posted:

Ironicwarcriminal posted:

aerdil posted:

who knows how many millions of lives have been saved because of spain's ignoble retreat.

The point is, perhaps terrorism works?

Jason Russell told the New York Times, “No one wants a boring documentary on Africa. Maybe we have to make it pop, and we have to make it cool. We view ourself as the Pixar of human rights stories.”
isnt pixar already the pixar of human rights stories?