When Barack Obama was elected president, it was a historic moment. Less than 200 years earlier, Africans were being shuttled as human cargo in the Atlantic slave trade. Less than 150 years earlier, black Americans still didn't have the right to vote. And less than 50 years earlier, Martin Luther King Jr. was marching on Washington. Now, in 2008, white progressives had chosen to put a black man in the White House.

Eight years later, could progressives make history again? As a feminist, I think it's our duty to shatter the glass ceiling by handing the keys to the White House to Hillary Rodham Clinton. In the news today:

Senator Tim Kaine of Virginia on Saturday endorsed Hillary Clinton for president, even though the former secretary of state has not announced whether she will seek the White House in 2016.

Hillary, if you're reading this: You have our support. It's time for the Democratic Party to make history, again. Hilldawg 2016.

Edited by jools ()

bush clinton bush osama clinton bush (jeb) bush (george p) clinton (chelsea)

TG posted:

bush clinton bush osama clinton bush (jeb) bush (george p) clinton (chelsea)

I'm so tired of this Obama/McCain, Obama/Romney bullshit. I can't wait to vote in a Clinton/Bush election like my daddy did before me.

Just imagine, if Jeb Bush wins in 2016 and again in 2020, we'll have had a Bush in the White House in the eighties, nineties, aughts, teens, and twenties. That's what I'm fucking talking about. This isn't a fucking monarchy, this is the United States of America. That's why it's imperative we vote Hillary.
'chop in the baffler there for most epic win
i'm ready for hillary.
after watching known unknown im hopin' rumsfield puts his name in the race
is there any law against bush running for a third term if it is non-consecutive
just the constitution

aerdil posted:

after watching known unknown im hopin' rumsfield puts his name in the race

That would be great. It would be like watching air run for the presidency

hillary dickory dock
clinton looked at the clock
no way jeb bush is gonna get anywhere. repubs have spent the last 8 years distancing themselves from george. hillary will probably be running against rand paul or paul ryan or some other r/p entity
I hope that the Republican primaries are as entertaining this time around as they were last election, but part of me thinks that the parade of misfits that was the '08 Republican primaries was just letting the non-ideal Republicans that were 'due' for a run cut each other to pieces and probably lose to Obama anyway in the end. Tea partiers, Mormons and fringe Republicans were out tens of millions of dollars and almost all of the candidates ended up with egg on their faces, some of them having their careers seriously damaged in the process.

I think that Paul Ryan will be Our Republican Vice Presidential Candidate in 2018, the Year of Our Mormon Lord. We just had a Mormon tag team run and lose, so the power of Christ will compel them to put a generic Christian as president while still throwing some meat to two of the growing demographics in the Republican party, the tea party/libertarian faction and Mormons. This is all according to my upturned 2000 Bush/Cheney 44oz bigass truckin' cup crystal ball
paul ryan is a catholic
the republicans should run that guy, y'know that governor from that state and he's like popular with hispanics but looks just at home working a crowd of tech-entrepenuers as he does celebrating the quinceaƱera of his college fraternity brother's daughter; After 8 years of fracture and division, his embodiment of the value of hard work, family and community is going to resonate amongst disillusioned Americans.

gyrofry posted:

paul ryan is a catholic

god damnit

Ironicwarcriminal posted:

the republicans should run that guy, y'know that governor from that state and he's like popular with hispanics but looks just at home working a crowd of tech-entrepenuers as he does celebrating the quinceaƱera of his college fraternity brother's daughter; After 8 years of fracture and division, his embodiment of the value of hard work, family and community is going to resonate amongst disillusioned Americans.

are you on about marco rubio?

move this thread to Faily Planet and rename it Too Farty Folly-tics
lol viletat

i support ricky rubio he is definitely underrated
WELCOME

ilmdge posted:

When Barack Obama was elected president, it was a historic moment. Less than 200 years earlier, Africans were being shuttled as human cargo in the Atlantic slave trade. Less than 150 years earlier, black Americans still didn't have the right to vote. And less than 50 years earlier, Martin Luther King Jr. was marching on Washington. Now, in 2008, white progressives had chosen to put a black man in the White House.

Eight years later, could progressives make history again? As a feminist, I think it's our duty to shatter the glass ceiling by handing the keys to the White House to Hillary Rodham Clinton. In the news today:

Senator Tim Kaine of Virginia on Saturday endorsed Hillary Clinton for president, even though the former secretary of state has not announced whether she will seek the White House in 2016.

Hillary, if you're reading this: You have our support. It's time for the Democratic Party to make history, again. Hilldawg 2016.

epic. epic for the win.

i wondered if anyone would ever call paul ryan on his bullshit like every catholic i knew kept wondering & whether they liked him or not. i don't know where that idea came from first but you could just send some nun up there to pepper him with questions about thomas aquinas, because he said he knew that guy better than he did ayn rand and he used to give ayn rand books to his interns as holiday presents.
hillary clinton has finally found a way to appeal to the rhizzone

http://www.theleafchronicle.com/story/opinion/columnists/2016/07/31/stallworth-many-ironies-hillary-rodham-clinton/87759700/

especially if the rest of you, like me, dont read past the headline of whatever this is

this is getting reposted a lot, but not by people who realize it means Inhofe is up to speed on how to say things now and his communications director isn't and is about to get fired