I'm in my early 30s and I've just started dating within the past year. So far I have felt almost no emotional connection to the women with whom I've gone on first dates.

On a somewhat related note, I have been getting very mixed signals from a friend of mine. She's been flirting with me pretty blatantly, however when I asked her about it in January(this has been going on for a while), she indicated that she was not sexually attracted to me. Consequently, I have since not responded to her advances.

How am I supposed to know if I'm attracted to someone?
they cheat on their husband with you
[account deactivated]
eat shit datehavers
i hope everyone has nice plans to go out for valentines day, when i was single it was usually a good day to meet someone especially when it was on a weekend
being incapable of love when your attractive owns

daddyholes posted:

i hope everyone has nice plans to go out for valentines day, when i was single it was usually a good day to meet someone especially when it was on a weekend

SaintJust posted:

daddyholes posted:

agreed, hope everyone manages to "net" a cock this valentine's day!

thats a gurl chickeon
its an allusion to pagan rituals
[account deactivated]
please dont fall in love. it's better being cuda
my plan for valentine's day is to go see an Eagles tribute band with my parents

do i look like i dont DESERTV love

yeah you look like a tool fyi
we can rub our tools 2gether
given that picture i don't think you've ever touched a tool (hammer, screwdriver, etc.) in your life, much less owned one. and if that was intended as a sort of innuendo, which i can't really decide due to my crippling aspergers, the joke's on you cause i've never had sex, nor do i have the desire to partake in it
you just "know", op. gas
sex is gross

troolari posted:

do i look like i dont DESERTV love

look dude you can't just decide to be the male conec and expect it to end well

the girl i was sorta dating just suddenly stopped talking to me a couple weeks ago, so im kinda down on this whole love business until the next one, like sisyphus im compelled to keep tryin' and in the mean time try not to get a vd by fucking too many strangers
well i guess my gf and i are breaking up. that's love for ya
...love for the guns im not giving up
ive been on some dates lately and feel the same way about the women i dated. no connection whatsoever. i don't think thats the best way to go about it tbh
i am madly in love with conec

guidoanselmi posted:

well i guess my gf and i are breaking up. that's love for ya

sorry to hear that guido, i always liked her
i am madly in love with both blinkandwheeze and conec
condolulations guido. last time i had a breakup my friend was like "im so pumped for you, there are so many new opportunities and adventures waiting for you out there!" and at the time i thought he was being an asshole but later i reflected on it and he was right and it stuck with me more than all of the "bummer dude"s from everyone else
thanks, i actually appreciate the sentiment. kinda hard to tell people i know personally because of how visibly we love each other/how highly i speak of her. but she got a dream job (tenure track prof at an ivy league) so she'll be moving and:

TG posted:

no connection

she feels that despite a lot of things working out phenomenally well. i'm a little too jaded and analytical for her tastes (in slight detail, she isn't confident in expressing some deep opinions because she's worried about me casually pulling a cefte. she got flustered a few times when i was trying to help her with her research a la http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/physicists.png.) also she feels inadequate in being able to enjoy the things i find interesting. not to mention i wanna raise lil godhavin' children which she wouldnt mind save for the godhavin' part. frankly, i love her for being a generally happier, simpler (as far as interests go) person.

i guess otoh she should be more emotionally honest, less of a workaholic (which compared to me is frightening), and it would feel kinda awkward to die next to someone who feels they're at a loss of how to appreciate you and the way you lived.

frankly, i'm feel rather hopeless of finding someone else remotely of her caliber as a person and someone i would be compatible with.

thanks for the space to vent, rhizzone.

TG posted:

condolulations guido. last time i had a breakup my friend was like "im so pumped for you, there are so many new opportunities and adventures waiting for you out there!" and at the time i thought he was being an asshole but later i reflected on it and he was right and it stuck with me more than all of the "bummer dude"s from everyone else

honestly, being in academia/govt/industry for STEM is pretty horrendous for finding people. especially when your personal interests are not in STEM.

guidoanselmi posted:

frankly, i'm feel rather hopeless of finding someone else remotely of her caliber as a person and someone i would be compatible with.

it's a big world out there bruh, other people always come along. keep it real.

troolari posted:

I'm in my early 30s and I've just started dating within the past year. So far I have felt almost no emotional connection to the women with whom I've gone on first dates.

On a somewhat related note, I have been getting very mixed signals from a friend of mine. She's been flirting with me pretty blatantly, however when I asked her about it in January(this has been going on for a while), she indicated that she was not sexually attracted to me. Consequently, I have since not responded to her advances.

How am I supposed to know if I'm attracted to someone?

i saw this post too, op

conec posted:

i am madly in love with blinkandwheeze

guidoanselmi posted:

thanks, i actually appreciate the sentiment. kinda hard to tell people i know personally because of how visibly we love each other/how highly i speak of her. but she got a dream job (tenure track prof at an ivy league) so she'll be moving and:

TG posted:

no connection

she feels that despite a lot of things working out phenomenally well. i'm a little too jaded and analytical for her tastes (in slight detail, she isn't confident in expressing some deep opinions because she's worried about me casually pulling a cefte. she got flustered a few times when i was trying to help her with her research a la http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/physicists.png.) also she feels inadequate in being able to enjoy the things i find interesting. not to mention i wanna raise lil godhavin' children which she wouldnt mind save for the godhavin' part. frankly, i love her for being a generally happier, simpler (as far as interests go) person.

i guess otoh she should be more emotionally honest, less of a workaholic (which compared to me is frightening), and it would feel kinda awkward to die next to someone who feels they're at a loss of how to appreciate you and the way you lived.

TG posted:

honestly, being in academia/govt/industry for STEM is pretty horrendous for finding people. especially when your personal interests are not in STEM.

break-up songs to help process things ftw

http://twohandfools.bandcamp.com/track/crestfallen

i know it seems tough right now but a commenter on a relationship article the other day said something that might help

There is not a woman alive who could not achieve orgasm by watching her husband, father or son burn to death before her eyes.

lol sorry, but yeah i get you. Seems that as we get older our relationships and their challenges take on an added poignancy and all of a sudden it's less about youthful sexuality than deep questions of compatibility and commitment

i guess this is growing up.

SaintJust posted:

being incapable of love when your attractive owns

this, also when your unattractive, or middlingly attractive.

[account deactivated]
im in love sory about your weird autism thing OP

Ironicwarcriminal posted:

guidoanselmi posted:

TG posted:

no connection

TG posted:

i know it seems tough right now but a commenter on a relationship article the other day said something that might help

There is not a woman alive who could not achieve orgasm by watching her husband, father or son burn to death before her eyes.

yo iwc i thought that was a funny quote so I tried to find its source, and if you think of things like this as relationship articles then i dunno what to tell you

http://exposingfeminism.wordpress.com/shaming-tactics/

palafox posted:

Ironicwarcriminal posted:

guidoanselmi posted:

TG posted:

no connection

TG posted:

yo iwc i thought that was a funny quote so I tried to find its source, and if you think of things like this as relationship articles then i dunno what to tell you

http://exposingfeminism.wordpress.com/shaming-tactics/

how is it not an article (and subsequent discussion) about relationships