What drives humans to cruelty?

Why do we relish in it so?

Why do we structure our societies around the subjugation of others?

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

karphead posted:

What drives humans to cruelty?

Why do we relish in it so?

Why do we structure our societies around the subjugation of others?

because youtube has staunch rules against racism, copywrite infringement and you touching yourself at night
[account deactivated]
Joan Girardi: You have a lot to answer for, buddy! No one asks to be born!... So we all get to die, and then everyone we love dies?
Cute Boy God: Yeah.
Joan Girardi: And... and that's good for you?
Cute Boy God: Joan, there's nothing about death that I can say that would make sense to you.
Joan Girardi: A lot of what happens here really sucks, so much for your... perfect system... Can you see me being really mad at you right now?
Cute Boy God: Yes.
Joan Girardi: Why does it have to be so hard?
Cute Boy God: What specifically?
Joan Girardi: Being alive, let's start there.
Cute Boy God: You wish you weren't alive?
Joan Girardi: No! I... I don't know. I wish... it didn't... hurt so much.
Cute Boy God: It hurts because you feel it, Joan... because you're alive. You love people, that generates a lot of power, a lot of energy. The same kind of energy that binds atoms together, we've all seen what happens when you try to pry them apart.
Joan Girardi: So, if I don't get attached to people then... it won't hurt so much?
Cute Boy God: No, it's in your nature to get attached to people, I put that in the recipe. It's when you guys try to ignore that... when you try to go it alone, that's when it gets ugly. It's hell.

Edited by getfiscal ()

[account deactivated]
What drives humans to cruelty? Well my 1991 Toyota Corolla wagon, personally haha
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

tpaine posted:

getfiscal posted:

Joan Girardi: You have a lot to answer for, buddy! No one asks to be born!... So we all get to die, and then everyone we love dies?
Cute Boy God: Yeah.
Joan Girardi: And... and that's good for you?
Cute Boy God: Joan, there's nothing about death that I can say that would make sense to you.
Joan Girardi: A lot of what happens here really sucks, so much for your... perfect system... Can you see me being really mad at you right now?
Cute Boy God: Yes.
Joan Girardi: Why does it have to be so hard?
Cute Boy God: What specifically?
Joan Girardi: Being alive, let's start there.
Cute Boy God: You wish you weren't alive?
Joan Girardi: No! I... I don't know. I wish... it didn't... hurt so much.
Cute Boy God: It hurts because you feel it, Joan... because you're alive. You love people, that generates a lot of power, a lot of energy. The same kind of energy that binds atoms together, we've all seen what happens when you try to pry them apart.
Joan Girardi: So, if I don't get attached to people then... it won't hurt so much?
Cute Boy God: No, it's in your nature to get attached to people, I put that in the recipe. It's when you guys try to ignore that... when you try to go it alone, that's when it gets ugly. It's hell.

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Woodcock&oldid=398441174

[account deactivated]
people would rather Judge than get to know someone, who is different than they are
Only if that someone posts pictures of a 12 year old girl bound and gagged.
[account deactivated]
this thread is driving me to cruelty right now gotta tell ya
hmm we are driven. yet we drive. it is like a two way street. one way you drive, the other way you are driven. one way is taxi only HOV lane, the other... the lane of the lone F-150 rider going South, south toe hel land cruelty never to return Ah
op u r gaey hahaha
the fine automobiles manufactured by the ford motor company, op

Meursault posted:

What drives humans to cruelty? Well my 1991 Toyota Corolla wagon, personally haha

FUCK

your posts, op
What drives humans to love? Why do we relish it so? Why do we structure our societies around ideals of justice and freedom? I'm finding it increasingly hard to believe that some fundamental base egotism lies at the heart of it all.

Where does it come from, this deep well of terror and pain that arises in the hearts of those who witness the cruelties mankind has inflicted upon itself? Do other animals suffer from this?

What does nature lack, what abyssal privation could deprive it of knowing beauty and love? Why, it's us!
maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself. basically, its made up of two separate words - "mank" and "ind".

what do these words mean? its a mystery and thats why so is mankind
we are fundamentally indians and also manky
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=mank

tpaine posted:

is it really a big mystery that the culmination of eons of Survival of the Fittest is a violent asshole creature

so what's next for humanity then? do we disintegrate into forlorn or angry blobs? dump foregoing altruism to the curb?

Or is assuming the worst actually just the way an animal creature prepares for the worst and tries to stop it?

Being pessimistic is a compulsion of survival.