[account deactivated]
starting with your thesis, how do you do the enxt part? how can you raise the standard of living on a local level? i know the black panthers had like free breakfasts and things like that they did, not sure how they funded it or what else they offered. i figure if you start raising the living standard people will listen to u and u can raise political awareness but the first part sounds like a pretty challenging undertaking
[account deactivated]
personally im in favor of dissolving the union and turning each state into a sovereign nation
maybe the way to create dual power is by sponging off productive commercial activity, mafia-style, with the difference that you funnel most of what you collect back to the community
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
everyone come join the vermont secessionist movement
the usa is without question the wealthiest country in the world, by many leaps and bounds. "wealth" as it is used in postmodern and western philosophic thought, is not a metric defined by healthcare, levels of education, or especially quality of life. "wealth" is something that grows from the barrel of a gun and america has the largest armies, domestically and in the world theatre.
let's throw our bodies into the struggle. you go first.
this seems more like the framework for trying to build a movement than an academic work? the idea of the states having cores and peripheries seems like a good place to start with something, it's interesting, if not obvious? people have to have written about it before, but maybe not
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

Impper posted:

this seems more like the framework for trying to build a movement than an academic work?

a promising new goon project

GoldenLionTamarin posted:

personally im in favor of dissolving the union and turning each state into a sovereign nation

bring on the monarchies imo

Instead of writing something why don't you join an organization like www.imancentral.org, or even just go to your local mosque and organize some kind of support thing for people in the community based on their needs

I don't think anyone is interested in Olivia reading about how the Man is keeping us down,.they want decent lives for their families
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

discipline posted:

babyfinland posted:

I don't think anyone is interested in Olivia reading about how the Man is keeping us down,.they want decent lives for their families

actually a lot of people are interested in reading/hearing about this. that's why they listen to glen beck and alex jones and stuff. that's why we read marx and write posts. people can want decent lives for their families and also seek an end to oppression and big bank parasitism.

Oh ok i thought you wanted to help people, not be a crypto anti Semite talk show crazy. Carry on then

sorry, i don't mean to be dismissive, but at least at the beginning you seem to be highlighting a regional divide amongst white america. but with less than 10% of white people living in poverty, how many of them are living in the rural south/midwest that this is a significant population that can be organized in some fashion?

babyfinland posted:

discipline posted:

babyfinland posted:

actually a lot of people are interested in reading/hearing about this. that's why they listen to glen beck and alex jones and stuff. that's why we read marx and write posts. people can want decent lives for their families and also seek an end to oppression and big bank parasitism.

Oh ok i thought you wanted to help people, not be a crypto anti Semite talk show crazy. Carry on then

i guess the break-up didn't go so well?

[account deactivated]
It's gross how you guys talk about poor people as these agency less pawns to be mobilized to perform for your Moses fantasies. And like you come up with these hateful messianic theories for them to consume. It's really weird. If got care about people just go help them and let them make up their own minds about whether they should start a civil war against the government. I know it's easy to say you're down for some ruckus when you're unemployed depressed and alone but most people have real concerns. Glenn beck and Marx and stuff are an entertainment for people, it doesn't represent support for revolutionary war.
Double post
[account deactivated]
lol

discipline posted:

the most difficult part to overcome is the geographical barriers to community organizing, that is, the suburbs and so on.

that and employment...oh wait

but really gas is expensive and no one really wants to ride a bike especially if they have a family

lol most ppl in the world who ride bikes have families...
[account deactivated]

discipline posted:

stop projecting

can we just post this reply to most of the posts in this forum

discipline posted:

elemennop posted:

sorry, i don't mean to be dismissive, but at least at the beginning you seem to be highlighting a regional divide amongst white america. but with less than 10% of white people living in poverty, how many of them are living in the rural south/midwest that this is a significant population that can be organized in some fashion?

I don't know how you got "white america" out of what I wrote. the majority of whites who are poor live in the south, yes.

well, i meant you were mentioning poor southerners, and the implied racial connotation there is white usually.

[account deactivated]
i think this is an interesting idea, the south is clearly where the revolution lies. reconstruction was the only revolutionary moment in our history and it was the north which crushed it. however, as i said in the other thread, this may be a situation in which the anti-racist struggle and the proletarian revolution are opposed to each other, and it's not just a situation where you can say "well, objectively they're on the same side" when it would play out in reality (at least in the short term) as the restoration of southern culture which is still racist as hell.

this was recommended a long time ago in lf:

http://www.amazon.com/Red-State-Rebels-Grassroots-Resistance/dp/1904859844

supposed to be good

discipline posted:

maybe for yanks. not for anyone who actually lives or has lived in the south and has two eyes.

i lived in alabama, and am living in georgia atm, not some fake south like florida

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

discipline posted:

elemennop posted:

i lived in alabama, and am living in georgia atm, not some fake south like florida

fake south in florida is south of ocala. but okay, if you live in georgia, tell me about the racial makeup of the poor population in atlanta or maybe in the fields of valdosta.

i never said there aren't poor black people? i guess i was just interpreting your thesis as being more than just saying "organize locally" and that it was instead pushing a kind of weak regional secession with regards to the south. apologies, my mistake.

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:

"He who loves his father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me; and he who loves his son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me.” - a bicycle

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:

most ppl in the world arent americans. hth

discipline posted:

if I were organizing in my hometown one of the first things I'd do is a joint effort of increased public transport and refurbishing empty units downtown (there are tens of thousands) to try and offer people alternatives to living in the suburbs

there was a fun article somewhere about using eminent domain to buy out homes that were underwater and refinance them to the owner at market cost or something. a fun, useful artifact of kelo v new london.

otoh, banks control so much municipal debt that they would fuck the cities over if they ever did that in any meaningful way.

anyway, this would help stabilize neighborhoods rather than trying to rehab ones that would require more investment. help the bourgie suburban poor, etc.

Edited by guidoanselmi ()