getfiscal posted:

i wish i could bring back bush jr. somehow... that dude... that dude........

BALLIN_LIKE_STALIN posted:

babyfinland posted:

1. Admit you are in a self-destructive relationship with the Democratic Party.

2. Remove conflicting bumper stickers from your collection. “Shut Down Guantanamo” and “Obama 2012” are mutually exclusive.

3. Understand that kill lists and more unjust war is the wrong kind of change to believe in.

4. Stop lying to yourself. The President is not sucking up to the most powerful interests in the world because he loves you.

5. Cut off all contact with Obama, Holder, Clinton and Pelosi. No more phone calls or writing letters. They are aware of what they are doing and they just don't care what you think.

6. Realize Obama is standing up and fighting. Unfortunately, he’s fighting Afghans, Pakistanis, Yeminis, Somalis…in your name.

7. No more excuses. The Republicans are not making Democrats increase domestic spying or deport record numbers of Latinos.

8. Get over your romantic feelings for Democrats and their supposed commitment to poor people. This election cycle, poverty is not on the agenda.

9. Make a list of all war crimes committed under Bush. Cross out “Bush” and write in Obama. Add support for indefinite detention without charge, expanded drone wars, and invasions of two more countries. It’s healthy to gag at it.

10. Come to grips with this: The only thing scarier than the Republican Party ( a party full of climate-change deniers, fundamentalist woman-haters and gay-bashers, election stealers and racists ) is a party who continually moves to the right to accommodate them and gets Americans to go along in that direction.

11. Forgive yourself for being taken in by promises that were not delivered, and for ignoring troubling signs, because you wanted to believe in change. But remember, insanity is doing the same thing over again and expecting different results.

12. As a result of these steps, you can now carry the message to those who still suffer from an addiction to the Democratic Party. Nothing is as liberating as resisting an evil when you know it’s wrong.

very few times am I just blown away by something, bravo babbyfinland

really. that blew you away. i posted it half ironically bc its so dorky and childish

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:

to be honest i got really excited when obama got elected but only because hes black and i thought that was cool from a historical perspective. i didnt think he would be anything but an awful president / person as he has turned out to be hahahah

i voted for him for that reason but i was pretty depressed by all the celebrations, it was a weird experience

btw a sheikh from atlanta posted that on facebook that's wher ei got it from. owned by the true faith kufrtards
Vote for Mitt Romney for President.
dickriding obama

babyfinland posted:

babyfinland posted:

2. Remove conflicting bumper stickers from your collection. “Shut Down Guantanamo” and “Obama 2012” are mutually exclusive.

3. Understand that kill lists and more unjust war is the wrong kind of change to believe in.

4. Stop lying to yourself. The President is not sucking up to the most powerful interests in the world because he loves you.

5. Cut off all contact with Obama, Holder, Clinton and Pelosi. No more phone calls or writing letters. They are aware of what they are doing and they just don't care what you think.

6. Realize Obama is standing up and fighting. Unfortunately, he’s fighting Afghans, Pakistanis, Yeminis, Somalis…in your name.

7. No more excuses. The Republicans are not making Democrats increase domestic spying or deport record numbers of Latinos.

8. Get over your romantic feelings for Democrats and their supposed commitment to poor people. This election cycle, poverty is not on the agenda.

9. Make a list of all war crimes committed under Bush. Cross out “Bush” and write in Obama. Add support for indefinite detention without charge, expanded drone wars, and invasions of two more countries. It’s healthy to gag at it.

10. Come to grips with this: The only thing scarier than the Republican Party ( a party full of climate-change deniers, fundamentalist woman-haters and gay-bashers, election stealers and racists ) is a party who continually moves to the right to accommodate them and gets Americans to go along in that direction.

11. Forgive yourself for being taken in by promises that were not delivered, and for ignoring troubling signs, because you wanted to believe in change. But remember, insanity is doing the same thing over again and expecting different results.

12. As a result of these steps, you can now carry the message to those who still suffer from an addiction to the Democratic Party. Nothing is as liberating as resisting an evil when you know it’s wrong.

really. that blew you away. i posted it half ironically bc its so dorky and childish

where does the irony figure in here

Crow posted:

babyfinland posted:

babyfinland posted:

where does the irony figure in here

its dorky but i posted it bc i agree with the message. i donno. use your famously rich crowbrain

that said i really want obama to win, because i don't wanna have to see the smug gloating of the ABJECT TURDS in my life who support romney nor the sadness of the relatively decent folks i know who, albiet for generally illusionary reasons, support obama
im abstaining from voting this year in solidarity until all gays can marry
I'm abstaining from voting this year in solidarity until all Jennifer Anistons can marry

babyfinland posted:

but i was pretty depressed by all the celebrations, it was a weird experience

same. i was really into his campaign and even had a bumper sticker up until he got elected and then i've ignored the news ever since then for reasons I couldn't explain at the time.

People are already talking about how the Republican party will collapse into irrelevancy after this election.
[account deactivated]

ggw posted:

People are already talking about how the Republican party will collapse into irrelevancy after this election.

they arent opening markets fast enough. we need more liberalism, captain

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
just vote republican in order to spite any shitfuck who believes there is even a chance things will get better under Obama
if you are against imperialism then the answer was simple.... but you wouldnt listen
you can't vote you will regret this
it would be HK who would make a thread like this

discipline posted:

democrats are basically new labor but worse lmao

and the left in the US doesn't even have the choice of voting for a party like the BNP that addresses issues like social housing rights and opposes neoliberal privatization

i just want people who think romney is the only way to save the country to have a bad day. i want them to have as many bad days as possible. i don't care that their insane views about obama the nefarious leftist have no basis in reality whatsoever. i just want them to be sad, to be depressed, to call in sick to work, to feel despair and hopelessness. i feel this very deeply, not on a political level but on a personal one. it is an emotional, animal yearning. is that really so wrong??????
if u call in sick to work u generally have a good day

bong_san_suu_kyi posted:

discipline posted:

democrats are basically new labor but worse lmao

and the left in the US doesn't even have the choice of voting for a party like the BNP that addresses issues like social housing rights and opposes neoliberal privatization

ron paul stands for all of those things

Impper posted:

if u call in sick to work u generally have a good day

tht's gaey

thirdplace posted:

i just want people who think romney is the only way to save the country to have a bad day. i want them to have as many bad days as possible. i don't care that their insane views about obama the nefarious leftist have no basis in reality whatsoever. i just want them to be sad, to be depressed, to call in sick to work, to feel despair and hopelessness. i feel this very deeply, not on a political level but on a personal one. it is an emotional, animal yearning. is that really so wrong??????

american conservatives are already some of the weakest people you can meet

The real proof of voting being ineffectual is that krinkle asked us about it
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

discipline posted:

the following are reasons why voting for president is ridiculous in the united states

1) voting does not change anything. you will vote for a platform and the president will totally disregard the platform you voted for in service of outside interests. he or she will call this bipartisan or "above partisan politics" but this really means that the status quo is being maintained.

2) the status quo is what currently matters in the united states. maintaining the trajectory at all costs is what matters. this is because the united states government is perpetually operating on the cusp of financial crisis. a bad move or radical change in policy that deviates away from a pro-capital line will result in markets going crazy. meanwhile, markets will go crazy occasionally to ensure that the importance of the status quo (that being everything concessionary to capital) is reinforced in the minds of politicians and the population. politicians are heavily invested in the capitalist system that holds a knife to their throats at every chance. many of them work for that system when they are out of politics. the government and the markets are not separable and so we must naturally look at the government acting in the interest of the market with suspicion and not with "well, they just did what they had to do!"

3) voting for the "lesser of two evils" is repugnant, illogical and morally ridiculous. if I'm faced with two men, both with guns to my head, and one wants $100 or he will kill me and the other wants $75 and they will kill me, I am still getting robbed. also the two guys who are mugging me are in the same gang. they realize that by switching their demands occasionally I will still cough up money. if they want $100 the other guy will demand $150 and I'll feel like I'm getting a deal from the other guy, who has a gun to my head.

4) to those who say that the minority interest rests with a democrat in office, I would like to remind everyone that democrats are just as bad for everyone. NAFTA gutted the manufacturing industry, welfare was "reformed", and banks got trillion dollar bailouts all under presidents who were also democrats.

5) voting reinforces the legitimacy of the system in the eyes of the system. already about half the voting population does not vote. they don't vote because they see it is clearly insignificant and not important. people fret when politically aware people say they will not vote because it shakes the legitimacy of the system. and don't kid yourself - the people who are invested in the system are not just the politicians. millions of americans are invested in the system, it is what they rest their tender realities on.

6) voting also admits that the system can be changed for the better under present conditions, that is, voting under capitalism in the united states. I hope we all know this is bullshit by now.

7) revolutionaries who seek to overthrow the system show their true colors when they also endorse major party political candidates. the people who are the most disenfranchised, the ones with actual revolutionary potential, probably do not or cannot vote and will see them for what they are when they call, on one hand, to overthrow capitalism, and on the other hand, vote for a capitalist who enables predatory, malicious and rampant capitalism.

8) who is to say what the lesser of two evils is anyway? romney is not president. obama is president and he's been pretty bad. anyway, they are serving one agenda so what does it matter?

[account deactivated]
voting clearly has material effects as a collective political act in many situations. for example, the wave of popular left governments across latin america has been largely through traditional democratic channels. voting can temporarily solve many important problems for some people. the problem is that it might not be able to solve all problems for all people. most people find this unrealistic, though, which is why the "true" radical left of people who want a fully planned economy any day soon is very small in most countries.
im literally going to vote for mitt romney
[account deactivated]
his hand?!