You're a better man than I am, Goonga Din
heh

how do you think he died? do you think he was fully cognizant of the fact that he would never see his family again? do you think he tried to stay calm, thinking that help would come, until faced with his own mortality he broke down sobbing and crying?
[account deactivated]

Inside, he showed the result of the fighting. A projectile, possibly a rocket-propelled grenade, had clipped the outside wall and smashed into the main building, blowing out a chunk of masonry. Below it, flecks of brownish blood were spattered on the garden wall, where the fourth American was killed. Staff held off the mob for an hour until government security forces arrived on the scene as dawn broke.

He was cowering behind a garden wall, sitting in his own piss and shit, sobbing and cursing the 'fukken hadjis', before a well-aimed RPG made sure his legacy in the real world is just a small stained stone which will slowly bleach in the sun.

Good riddance.

there is no goldmine
It shows the value of tolerance to Muslims and the Islamic community and teaches them, in Canada, we do have tolerance and diversity and they are simply going to have to tolerate diverse viewpoints and opinions without rioting and without going berserk.
Diversity
create a goldmine, name it Goldmine Station X-5345 Vilerat 911 Memorial Outpost or some shit
Oh My God. imagine his stupid wife / gf whatever at the coroners office and their all like We need you to identify him based on this tattoo and the wife is all like Noooooo ahahaha im picturing it right now
that fags dead. we did it fellas
[account deactivated]
RIP Vile Rat's Death and Ensuing Drama, we hardly knew you.

*sniff*

His humor occasionally took the form of elaborate pranks, sometimes played on rival EVE gamers, and sometimes played on everyone. Vilerat once created a tattoo featuring the lightning bolts of his much-beloved Chargers combined with the image of an armless dragon. His pals good-naturedly ribbed him about it and people who hated him posted it on our forums to try to make him angry. Curiously, whenever anyone met him in person and asked to see the infamous tattoo he would get a smirk on his face and politely refuse.

It's almost as if he never had the tattoo at all.

and the tat-washing begins.

http://www.somethingawful.com/d/news/sean-smith-vilerat.php

Edited by Transient_Grace ()

like geez you bunch of losers it was clearly an elaborate troll this Image-Of-God-Made-Man would never do something as embarrassing as getting such an awful crass drawing permanently inked on his shoulder. What do you mean 'what about the chat logs where he asks that 40 goons get permabanned for laughing at his tattoo'? it was clearly epic puppetmastery, dude was a master diplomat on eve, you'd put such an elaborate prank beyond his capabilities?

Also it's not a fucking armless dragon. most depictions of dragons are consistent with the quadrupedal physiology exhibited by all avians, mammals and reptilians like fuck, the dragons wings are its arms.

Worst. Obituary. Ever.

Transient_Grace posted:

Kinda feel like there should be a memorial service for all of us to attend, and not some fucking horrible virtual shit either.

Although we were only acquaintances and hadn't spoken in probably 3-4 years directly, I counted all the goons I played eve with among friends and.. shit, this just really fucks me up to lose someone as bright as him at a tragically young age.

Even with the above stated, I feel a kind of personal anger towards an as yet unknown enemy that I haven't felt from something like this since probably 9/11/01... I want to act out but there's nothing to be done.

im so mad i could go super saiyan right now out of pure rage
arzy is the best D&D poster. we should invite him to post here.
01 or 12, which 9/11 was harder personally for you?

Transient_Grace posted:

His humor occasionally took the form of elaborate pranks, sometimes played on rival EVE gamers, and sometimes played on everyone. Vilerat once created a tattoo featuring the lightning bolts of his much-beloved Chargers combined with the image of an armless dragon. His pals good-naturedly ribbed him about it and people who hated him posted it on our forums to try to make him angry. Curiously, whenever anyone met him in person and asked to see the infamous tattoo he would get a smirk on his face and politely refuse.

It's almost as if he never had the tattoo at all.

and the tat-washing begins.

http://www.somethingawful.com/d/news/sean-smith-vilerat.php

one of the most beauteful e-bituaries ive ever seen. I'm tearing up

as vilerats forcibly dragged from the embassy crater a single sustained cry excapes his lips. I'm gaaaaaaay.
ahaha somebody get these mujahideen an accoun
first it was funny, now it's just a disgusting, depressing farce
did he really die on account of having to rub the big magnet onto the computers
Or maybe he was just chatting with his friends in such a state of detachment from The Real he heard fighting outside and kept sitting on his goony ass chatting & waiting to see if this really warrants getting up for. For this goon the sound of real gunfire ringing in his irl ears was only secondary to letting his mates on 'Illum' know he'll brb, you can practically imagine him contemplating the situation in the same way he would if he felt that he needed to take a piss in the middle of riveting IRC session; the same kind of inconvenience, the Insignificant Real intruding upon the Imaginary that Really Matters.

well actually its still kind of funny

Transient_Grace posted:

Or maybe he was just chatting with his friends in such a state of detachment from The Real he heard fighting outside and kept sitting on his goony ass chatting with his friends waiting to see if this really warrants getting up for. For this goon the sound of real gunfire ringing in his irl ears was only secondary to letting his mates on 'Illum' know he'll brb, you can practically imagine him contemplating the situation in the same way he would if he felt that he needed to take a piss in the middle of riveting IRC session; the same kind of inconvenience, the Insignificant Real intruding upon the Imaginary that Really Matters.

he got brtually murdered on account of having to drag the kickbacks into the recycle bin

A Maghreb wind flowed into Sean's office, with more than a hint of smoke. A high pitched whine of a bullet followed by the pop of cheap concrete made Sean look up from his computer. "Fuck, gun fire," he thought and then typed the message into IRC. He switched windows and refocused on masturbating. Two women kissed on his screen. The outside noise got louder but he was determined. A man in desert attire burst into the office and fired three shots into Sean's chest. At the same time, Sean came onto his keyboard. With his last breath he whispered, "Ad astra."
(X) Sean

SEAN!
I'm afraid that's not possible

(X) Sean

SEAN!
It's just hilarious how fucking detached from the world he was, honestly.
Like... he just gets to a country that recently had a coup, shit is all blown up around you, bullet holes in buildings, burned debris in a lot of places, etc. and the entire time that there are protestors and riots going on outside of the building he was in, he's thinking, "hehe... fucking muzzies always trying to distract the space daddy."
It was only until they started shooting that he thought something might be up and logged off EVE.
That insane GiP goon who went over there to fight in the war was more competent than a moderator of D&D.
You fuckers killed the wrong goon, vilerat would have agreed with you, why didn't you take grover instead?!

corey posted:

did he really die on account of having to rub the big magnet onto the computers

He died because he had to dock his Raven at VFK first so he didn't get podded.

Dumb brute violence and partisan shitfuckery is not how you honor a fallen thinker.
What in the everloving shitfuckery. Viletat has gone to the big D&D in the sky

elpintogrande posted:
I hope this is a fitting tribute to him.

http://www.somethingawful.com/d/new...ith-vilerat.php

Forced me to put my laptop down for a moment and take a break. Thanks for doing this.

it really puts everything in perspective, made me realize what a bunch of goons you all are plus i really needed a break.

vilerat tribute
http://www.eve-radio.com/news-compendium/eve-radio/1778-funkybacon-show-in-remembrance--vile-rat?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=grn_everadio

Eve Radio News

We all know about the tragic news regarding the death of Sean Smith - better known as Vile Rat to the Eve Online community who died at the hands of religious fanatics along with others at the US consulate in Benghazi (Libya) on Tuesday September 11th. We've discussed it in game, on the forums, at work, at home - sharing our thoughts with one another and trying to make sense of the madness that usually effects other people, not one of our own.

Tonight from midnight (gmt) Funkybacon is hosting a special remembrance show instead of the usual fun and games and will be joined by Seleene and other guests to talk about Sean and remember the many positive contributions he brought to Eve.

There will also be an unarmed roam to nullsec with the aim of using diplomacy instead of gun play to attempt to anchor a container dedicated to Vile Rat's memory. The roam will be streamed live on our video service as well as through the normal radio channels and we invite anyone and everyone to come along and see this thing through to the end.

More details can be found at the Eve Online thread here.
Funkybacon