I dled it, started reading it
i just impulse bought this thign and it was pricey so it better be worth it, discipline. it better be fuckin worth it.......... ... .... .. . . ....
Here's an old interview with Eddie Campbell in the Comics Journal if you want some background on the process behind From Hell:

http://www.tcj.com/archive-viewer-issue-145/?pid=14349

Campbell's other work is worth reading. His Alec series is probably my favorite autobiographical comic work (which also contains a lot of behind the scene stuff during his From Hell period) and his Deadface/Bacchus series is a lot of fun if you enjoy Greek mythology, wine history, and/or berserk maenads ripping the heads off people (a complete collection is supposedly coming soon).
From Hell on sale here for $20 bucks until the 28th:

http://www.topshelfcomix.com/catalog/special-deals

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
we're very profesisonal here at top shelf comacs
[account deactivated]

discipline posted:

oh my god do you work at top shelf comics

naw, i was just going along with t-paine

i just ordered the hardcopy of From Hell so i can give away my softcover - mb put it up as a prize for a frontpage contest?

[account deactivated]

discipline posted:

the hard copy or your used copy?

check yr PM

[account deactivated]
discipline didn't really take me up on my offer so I'll send my softcover of From Hell to the first person who replies that they want it. free shipping if you're in the US - otherwise you pay for it.
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

discipline posted:

I did take you up on your offer! I just moved to new york city and I'm sort of busy at the moment. if you want to make a contest about it, feel free! otherwise I want that copy of from hell. I'll pm you my address haha

oic - i thought you just wanted the stickers :s it's yours then.

so sorry t-paine, ur the weakest link, goodbye....

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
its a GRAPHIC NOVEL...jeezus