For the most up to date info, see the Eve online megathread

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.phpthreadid=3447025&pagenumber=627#lastpost
is the law of threes applicable to goons now or something. allahu akbar.
he forgot. rip
Was so hosed that he was chatting to dudes on mumble minutes before this happened. His last two messages were :

(2:40:22 PM) vile_rat: gently caress
(2:40:24 PM) vile_rat: gunfire

RIP Vile Rat. I hope you ride a dragon into valhalla or something.

(8:02:02 PM) directorbot: My people, I have greivous news. Vile Rat has been confirmed to be KIA in Benghazi; his family has been informed and the news is likely to break out on the wire services soon. Needless to say, we are in shock, have no words, and have nothing but sympathy for his family and children. I have known Vile Rat since 2006, he was one of the oldest of old-guard goons and one of the best and most effective diplomats this game has ever seen.

His family are in our thoughts and prayers.

*** This was a broadcast from the_mittani to all-all, replies are not monitored ***

Not Found. is there a backstory here?
lol

burritonegro posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3390388&pagenumber=712&perpage=40#post407443778
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3447025&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=627#post407445628

vilerat sent me a state department mug in early 2003 or so and i sent him a mug for the national assembly of quebec in the summer of 2003 in reply since i was in quebec city for a day.

burritonegro posted:

all you need to know is that practicing imperialist Viletat possibly died on Sept 11th because of a protest of a film that insulted Mohammed. possibly the most D&D way to die.

he's up there in heaven with dan mitrione now
[account deactivated]
RIP Vilerat, fragged to death playing eve online in a grimy little Benghazi consulate. At least he died actively fighting for the dumb crap he believed in, probably more than I will be able to say.
wasn't vilerat an idiot center-right liberal that wholly endorsed us foreign policy? well, i guess the question is, was he a d&d mod since that's a tautology
they aren't naming him yet http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2012/09/11/cairo-embassy-protest.html

burritonegro posted:

yes, his posting Existence can no longer befound, because he is dead

[account deactivated]
if qaddafi had gun this never would have happened
the family has announced it'll be a closed-casket service on account of the tat

babyfinland posted:

looks like i have another movie to add to my atlas shrugged-themed marathon

Vilerat posted:

I'm not going to say that they are better off having been colonized by the europeans, but the africans are better off from being colonized by the europeans

haha

he forgot the laughable Xhosa girl...
[account deactivated]
I will personally ruin the shit of anyone who decides to be a smartass in this thread.

With its fall, the city of Sirte was transformed from a potent image of Gaddafi's rule to the symbol of his gruesome end. Even as Gaddafi's body was being driven away, the drain where he was found was being immortalised in blue aerosol paint. On it, someone wrote: "The hiding place of the vile rat Gaddafi."

D&D moderator Vilerat, AKA Sean Smith, was killed in Benghazi, Libya serving his country with the US State Department. He was a friend and colleague and he will be dearly missed.

We do not know the situation regarding his family and can only imagine what they are going through. When it becomes appropriate we will do what we can to offer our condolences to his family.
already calls for blood on Sept 11 of all days.
[account deactivated]
Vilerat, AKA Sean Smith, AKA retarded cousin of Rudyard Kipling
aren't the rioting Salafis themselves kind of a false flag deal what with their funding from US-aligned Gulf monarchies and such?
maybe this is just his superhero creation story... like they take his body to a bunker and merge it with a robotic dragon exoskeleton and they are like behold draco-5, who will oversee our operations in liberated syria.
[account deactivated]
why are people downvoting the copy and pastes from the thread
someone told me it wasn't him
[account deactivated]