[account deactivated]
Mad men
did yospos exaggerated lust for christina hendricks reflect a positive trend in terms of progress toward cultural acceptance for more realistic curvy goonette body types, or a negative in terms of social acceptance for gluttony and erosion of physical appearance standards
As a marxist, I really love the drama on the newest Hbo spectacle or whatever, I love the characters, and the fashion, it keeps me coming back every week. TV, youve done it again.

gyrofry posted:

did yospos exaggerated lust for christina hendricks reflect a positive trend in terms of progress toward cultural acceptance for more realistic curvy goonette body types, or a negative in terms of social acceptance for gluttony and erosion of physical appearance standards

The game of thrones

[account deactivated]
Scheming jews win both the hunger games and the game of thrones
[account deactivated]

Skylark posted:

As a marxist, I really love the drama on the newest Hbo spectacle or whatever, I love the characters, and the fashion, it keeps me coming back every week. TV, youve done it again.

u mad... man?

discipline posted:

emptiness and despair brought on by existing so close to the beating heart of consumer capitalism. The further you are from the core, the happier you have a chance to become. Yet the closer you get, the more it pays, and it pays better precisely because you are expected to forfeit your dignity and humanity on demand

i think its problematic to say the margins of power are happier

but i really hate the usual answer "check your privilege... because its awesome and i want to implicitly compliment power and capitalism" etc

my favourite mad men moment this season is when glen partially devours sally alive then betty thanks him for keeping her daughter's weight down
mad men moment
[account deactivated]
Seems like Friendship is Magic is the only show left on tv thats free of the capitalist bullshit. Laugh if you want, but it takes me back to a childlike innocence.
marxist tv guide
Survivor is the best show
its the greatest thing how fans try to convince people to watch game of thrones by saying "its fantasy, but chill, there's no fantasy, it's dark and realistic". like, no its not and why would i watch it if it was?

"let us make the effort to imagine a whole new world so we can put our laser-like foccus on scenes of austerity, war, rich machinations and rape alone. lets imagine precisely to not imagine"
i liked lane, perhaps because as a heavy-drinking brit in america w/ an abusive father i can identify. i hope in the final episode ginsberg is revealed to actually be a literal alien irl & he shoots don w/ a laser gun

Prospero posted:

its the greatest thing how fans try to convince people to watch game of thrones by saying "its fantasy, but chill, there's no fantasy, it's dark and realistic". like, no its not and why would i watch it if it was?

"let us make the effort to imagine a whole new world so we can put our laser-like foccus on scenes of austerity, war, rich machinations and rape alone. lets imagine precisely to not imagine"

That's why so many people like it. Fiction has no obligation to conform to your dull notions of what's "politically relevant" or important. Game of Thrones glories in a depoliticized world and if you can't handle it it's a failure of your imagination

Ironicwarcriminal posted:

Prospero posted:

That's why so many people like it. Fiction has no obligation to conform to your dull notions of what's "politically relevant" or important. Game of Thrones glories in a depoliticized world and if you can't handle it it's a failure of your imagination

In what sense is the Game of Thrones world depoliticized?

game of thrones sucks tho for real

Skylark posted:

Because every true revolutionary knows being a marxist means you should never appreciate anything besides tv shows for gay children and kawaii sadbrains chat or w/e

terebi

Game of Thrones glories in a depoliticized world and if you can't handle it it's a failure of your imagination

huh? its precisely too "political"

[account deactivated]
yeah the last two mad men eps have been the best

my favorite moment is still jon hamm reading frank o'hara at the end of the season 2 finale though
wow a bunch of shit i dont care about

aerdil posted:

yeah the last two mad men eps have been the best

my favorite moment is still jon hamm reading frank o'hara at the end of the season 2 finale though

Its hard to decide, with so many moments per episode, and so many episodes total. To say that one mad men moment is the best is like saying that the other mad men moments arent as good.

Prospero posted:

Game of Thrones glories in a depoliticized world and if you can't handle it it's a failure of your imagination

huh? its precisely too "political"

No it isn’t, it’s bold and the beautiful with swords and robes. There’s no real exposition of the role of the subservient masses or armies, it’s just the 1% being snarky to each other.

A liberal commentary blog about the 1% and Game of THrones would go viral in a week
Either way Girls is the best show on TV but everyone's too misogynist to appreciate it....
No, the best show on TV is Justified but everyone is too prejudiced and ignorant of the Southern Man's Struggle to appreciate it
lol I cant just imagine IWC saying "girls" in his goofy accent ahahahahahaaaaa

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:

No, the best show on TV is Justified but everyone is too prejudiced and ignorant of the Southern Man's Struggle to appreciate it

this but NASCAR

True Blood is fine even though it’s southern because all the characters act like people in West Hollywood
the best show on tv is nba
I actually watch NASCAR. I watched all three days of racing this weekend. Gotta love truck series.
[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

roight. toime to wootch gehls. *iwc throws himself down on his couch, unaware that a puff adder has entered his home and decided to make the warm, dark area its home*

I found a funnelweb just under my mailbox yesterday

Australian funnel-webs are one of the three most dangerous spiders in the world and are regarded by some to be the most dangerous.

Also i read this story and thought of you T

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2154283/Cats-away-Artist-turns-dead-pet-flying-helicopter-killed-car.html

yeah you also posted that link on my fb page 3 times!!!!