http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnjJvzprjN0

i like this a lot, but it immediately makes me want to play devil's advocate.
i dont talk like that but i constantly frame what i say to people im not very familiar with as statements that i may or may not support because im afraid of looking stupid
hi disx
my current kick is narcissism, so i'm going to relate everything to that. and of course, that is why i like this, it's all rooted in narcissism. including your statement. and i, of course, am the same.

but then i get all devil's advocate. with fuck certainty. and the only true wisdom lies in knowing you know nothing. and everything is fake bullshit blah blah so of course we act like this. and a life of conviction has given us the horrific history we have. so maybe this lack of conviction, lack of certainty, lack of confidence, is good. because all of that stuff has led to our current rapefest of everything. but i don't know about all that. just my nature to want to play devil's advocate. so maybe that's all. or maybe it's all of the above. bullshit and heroic misunderstood evolution. i dunno. /save
hi kl0pper.

welcome to my late-night, avoiding-homework, semi-drunk, pseudo-philosophical wankfest.
those explanations mean i'm still cool cos i'm not responsible for any statements that made me seem not cool or at least aware of them so it was ironic and obviously intentional. or something. god.
i have conviction confidence and certainty so i donno
i have no conviction or certainty but i do have confidence
no one knows anything, get drunk
Improving how you speak is an important element of maturity. The video seems to me like short-sighted criticism of the youth, as if what they do will carry on and be considered normal or virtuous one day, when actually the youth will age and become adults and so adopt adult mannerisms. Nobody talks like that after 30 unless they are in a position of high privilege (such that they can get away with it) or have wanton disregard for maturity and a pitiful insistence on trying to "stay young forever."

The video could help some youth make the transition sooner than they would have, though.
i have conviction that life is absurd and meaningless and that i can construct a nice little life based on that while having one eye on my coffin. i speak correctly out of pure habit of not associating with too many peers and reading lots old aristocrat fiction
also why i love my sig quote. how anyone ( i know i know, updike) can sit down and write those words without a hint of irony or self-consciousness is completely beyond me.
you do that because you suck
dialectal variation??????? RRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
I'm not too worried about slang but we do see a serious decline in the ability of kids to understand narrative experience - that is,

kids are still reasonably capable of extracting information from spoken word or txt from expository sources.

kids are having great difficulty describing and interpreting theme, subtext, and meaning when confronted with more complex texts like narratives and satire.

basically you see a generation - and a coming generation- of decently-capable organic robots when all the robot jobs have been replaced by actual robots.

oh and they are angry as all hell and have no clue why or who to take it out on.

NounsareVerbs posted:
I'm not too worried about slang but we do see a serious decline in the ability of kids to understand narrative experience - that is,

kids are still reasonably capable of extracting information from spoken word or txt from expository sources.

kids are having great difficulty describing and interpreting theme, subtext, and meaning when confronted with more complex texts like narratives and satire.

basically you see a generation - and a coming generation- of decently-capable organic robots when all the robot jobs have been replaced by actual robots.

oh and they are angry as all hell and have no clue why or who to take it out on.

thats not true at all.

maybe they have trouble with irrelevant garbage worksheets you give your students but thats fine

U.S. Dept. of Education, Institution of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, National Assessment of Educational Progress, 2005 Reading Assessment, p.10