9/11: A Conspiracy Theory
James Corbett, Sep 11 2011

On the morning of Sep 11 2001, 19 men armed with boxcutters directed by a man on dialysis in a cave fortress halfway around the world using a satellite phone and a laptop directed the most sophisticated penetration of the most heavily-defended airspace in the world, overpowering the passengers and the military combat-trained pilots on 4 commercial aircraft before flying those planes wildly off course for over an hour without being molested by a single fighter interceptor.

These 19 hijackers, devout religious fundamentalists who liked to drink alcohol, snort cocaine, and live with pink-haired strippers, managed to knock down 3 buildings with 2 planes in New York, while in Washington a pilot who couldn’t handle a single engine Cessna was able to fly a 757 in an 8,000 foot descending 270 degree corskscrew turn to come exactly level with the ground, hitting the Pentagon in the budget analyst office where DoD staffers were working on the mystery of the 2.3 trillion dollars that Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld had announced “missing” from the Pentagon’s coffers in a press conference the day before, on Sep 10 2001.

Luckily, the news anchors knew who did it within minutes, the pundits knew within hours, the Administration knew within the day, and the evidence literally fell into the FBI’s lap. But for some reason a bunch of crazy conspiracy theorists demanded an investigation into the greatest attack on US soil in history.

The investigation was delayed, underfunded, set up to fail, a conflict of interest and a cover up from start to finish. It was based on testimony extracted through torture, the records of which were destroyed. It failed to mention the existence of WTC7, Able Danger, Ptech, Sibel Edmonds, OBL and the CIA, and the drills of hijacked aircraft being flown into buildings that were being simulated at the precise same time that those events were actually happening. It was lied to by the Pentagon, the CIA, the Bush Administration and as for Bush and Cheney…well, no one knows what they told it because they testified in secret, off the record, not under oath and behind closed doors. It didn’t bother to look at who funded the attacks because that question is of “little practical significance“. Still, the 9/11 Commission did brilliantly, answering all of the questions the public had (except most of the victims’ family members’ questions) and pinned blame on all the people responsible (although no one so much as lost their job), determining the attacks were “a failure of imagination” because “I don’t think anyone could envision flying airplanes into buildings ” except the Pentagon and FEMA and NORAD and the NRO.

The DIA destroyed 2.5 TB of data on Able Danger, but that’s OK because it probably wasn’t important.

The SEC destroyed their records on the investigation into the insider trading before the attacks, but that’s OK because destroying the records of the largest investigation in SEC history is just part of routine record keeping.

NIST has classified the data that they used for their model of WTC7′s collapse, but that’s OK because knowing how they made their model of that collapse would “jeopardize public safety“.

The FBI has argued that all material related to their investigation of 9/11 should be kept secret from the public, but that’s OK because the FBI probably has nothing to hide.

This man never existed, nor is anything he had to say worthy of your attention, and if you say otherwise you are a paranoid conspiracy theorist and deserve to be shunned by all of humanity. Likewise him, him, him, and her. (and her and her and him).

Osama Bin Laden lived in a cave fortress in the hills of Afghanistan, but somehow got away. Then he was hiding out in Tora Bora but somehow got away. Then he lived in Abottabad for years, taunting the most comprehensive intelligence dragnet employing the most sophisticated technology in the history of the world for 10 years, releasing video after video with complete impunity (and getting younger and younger as he did so), before finally being found in a daring SEAL team raid which wasn’t recorded on video, in which he didn’t resist or use his wife as a human shield, and in which these crack special forces operatives panicked and killed this unarmed man, supposedly the best source of intelligence about those dastardly terrorists on the planet. Then they dumped his body in the ocean before telling anyone about it. Then a couple dozen of that team’s members died in a helicopter crash in Afghanistan.

This is the story of 9/11, brought to you by the media which told you the hard truths about JFK and incubator babies and mobile production facilities and the rescue of Jessica Lynch.

If you have any questions about this story…you are a batshit, paranoid, tinfoil, dog-abusing baby-hater and will be reviled by everyone. If you love your country and/or freedom, happiness, rainbows, rock and roll, puppy dogs, apple pie and your grandma, you will never ever express doubts about any part of this story to anyone. Ever.

This has been a public service announcement by: the Friends of the FBI, CIA, NSA, DIA, SEC, MSM, White House, NIST, and the 9/11 Commission. Because Ignorance is Strength.

http://www.corbettreport.com/911-a-conspiracy-theory/

---

That PTech stuff is insane
more about PTech: http://www.corbettreport.com/episode-045-ptech-and-the-911-software/
[account deactivated]
lol
i didnt actually want to know anything about the 9/11 conspiracy
Peter Dale Scott has a few things to say!
truthers are obviously people that have never ever worked for the US govt

animedad posted:

there are plenty of truthers who have worked in a wide variety of federal departments good sir

the truth is out tere

babyfinland posted:

animedad posted:

there are plenty of truthers who have worked in a wide variety of federal departments good sir

then they shouldve imagined more of a widespread but unrelated covering of tracks due to shame rather than a Great Conspiracy!!

In the summer of 1999, Mohamed Atta defended a master’s thesis that critiqued the introduction of Western-style skyscrapers in the Middle East and called for the return of the “Islamic-Oriental city.” Using this as a departure point, Jarett Kobek’s novel ATTA offers a fictionalized psychedelic biography of Mohamed Atta that circles around a simple question: what if 9/11 was as much a matter of architectural criticism as religious terrorism?

Excerpt from ATTA:

He prepares himself, watches television, hopes the box displays violence. But television is coy, intimates killings as abstractions. Beatings, certainly, beatings and brutality. But minimal death. Always the moment after. Police crash into a room, find a body, hunt the killer. But the actual kill? Off-screen. Or with guns. And what can he learn from guns?

Atta opens a video rental account, chooses movies that help with knowledge of death. He rejects Hollywood fantasies, imperialist propaganda efforts, prefers outlandish tales of monstrous abuse. The Horror section. Blood explodes in these films, bright red replica splashes on skin.

American teenagers travel to unlikely destinations, generally remote. An old mansion, a desert, a foreign locale, the outskirts of town. The teenagers are nearly indistinguishable from film to film, viewable solely as archetypes. The stupid, the attractive, the promiscuous, the athletic, the nondescript, the overly studious, the gentle, the wholesome. Improbable events trap teenagers at the remote location. The first dies, victim of an invisible monster. 2 more, typically in a state of sexual congress, also die. The monster reveals its full depths. Its physicality, its origins, its purpose. The survivors devise an improbable schemata of battle. Defeat comes to the monster, but only after the teenagers incur several more casualties. 1 or 2 teenagers survive, break the curse, escape. Night opens into dawn. A hard worn relief etches into the teenagers’ faces. Hints arise of the monster’s survival, usually through a ridiculous final image. A hand reaches from within the grave, a face in the window, a laugh chills through breaking glass.

Of death, Atta learns nothing. Filmic murders are comic, invariably do not frighten. Only the monsters, with their implacable sense of timing, create horror. All monsters’ appearances feature one aspect in common. They wear masks of impenetrable visage. Jason Voorhees, Leatherface, Michael Myers. Hollow eyes of darkness, the empty face devoid of emotion. The mask is murder. Atta resolves to make a mask of his face.

He watches Silent Night, Deadly Night. Marwan is in the other room, hears the sounds, enters, sits beside Atta. Marwan is silent for 3 or 4 minutes. “Brother,” he says, “how can you stand this decadent trash?”

“This film,” says Atta, “has secret meanings. It is a message to the viewer who possesses understanding. A person needs certain knowledge to find the message.”

“Ya Allah,” says Marwan, “What possible message can you see in this, brother? I won’t believe it.”

Atta sighs. Even Marwan, friends with all, suffers under the Saudis. He grows impatient with the people around him. Atta remembers Hamburg, longs for the seclusion of Wilhelmsburg. A few brothers against the world, the dedication of pure souls against the moral decay of crass Western life.

“Brother,” says Atta. “Trust me. I have seen this film before. Twice.”

“Well?” asks Marwan. “Go ahead, brother. Tell me.”

“The film,” says Atta, “takes the Crusader false idol of Santa Claus and reveals his true nature, not only as an imaginary construct built to deceive children, but also explores the fundamental link of Christian culture with violence. The plot is simple. A boy watches as a man dressed like Santa Claus kills his mother. Nineteen years later, the boy inherits this dread mantle and himself dresses like Santa Claus. He begins a reign of terror, posing as the benevolent mythological figure while chopping apart human bodies. Some murders are done with a singular Christmas theme. He hangs a man with Christmas lights, he asks his victims if they are naughty or nice. He leaves wrapped presents for his chosen. Do you see the idea, brother?”

“No,” says Marwan. “What’s the point?”

“Brother,” says Atta, “The film functions on two metaphorical levels. The first is more obvious. It is a critique of Western commodity culture. Imagine a world in which Christmas has nothing to do with Isa but rather the flow of green American dollars. We live in this world. The film takes this idea to its extreme, employing the icon of commercialization. Santa Claus murdering literally is only a poetic demonstration of the reality. Secondly, Silent Night, Deadly Night is a metaphor for the manner in which the West treats the Islamic world. Amreeka smiles like a friend, a trusted acquaintance, and then, after your back is turned, strikes you from behind. This film is very subversive, brother. It demolishes the myth of Santa Claus and uses the slasher genre to provide an explicit, angry critique of American foreign policy.”

“Brother,” says Marwan. “You can find the secret meaning of anything.”

Marwan stands and leaves. Atta watches Silent Night, Deadly Night until its end. He stands and goes into the kitchen. There is time for all things.
whoa that seems like it has the potential to be really interesting
Truthers are useful idiots
the 9/11 truth movement is basically white supremacism
arabs with boxcutters brought down the towers?? No. Impossible. only white people are smart enough to hijack and/or fly a plane
i've always given more credence to the "knew and let it happen to collect political-war capital" idea than this inside-job stuff.

although i didn't know the seals that got shot down were the same ones that participated in the osama raid.

deadken posted:
arabs with boxcutters brought down the towers?? No. Impossible. only white people are smart enough to hijack and/or fly a plane

haha yeah

i knew a guy who said that word for word basically and he got it off his arab-muslim friends who were trying to convince him they were too dumb to do it or something
al-qaeda told ahmedinejad to stop talking nonsense, yeah, we did it, we did 9/11
although they would say that i guess
youre not gonna deny the thing that's basically the one and only source of your street cred
that's a funny video.

tbh i think that the identities of the actual hijackers are completely made up bullshit, it's either that or pretty specific fore knowledge which for some reason was ignored by the administration.

is it really true that muhamad atta's passport was allegedly found in the wtc debris hours after the attack? if that's really the official story i just can't believe that to be true.

acourse i don't rule out the possibility of extreme negligence by the involved government officials, there are many historical precedents of such security fiascos but given what we know about the warnings the us administration got from the mossad and other intelligence agencies prior to the attacks something just seems too far fetched about the whole ordeal.

please someone correct my idiotic misconceptions and cure me from my truther state of mind, danke.

SomeIsraeliFuck posted:
is it really true that muhamad atta's passport was allegedly found in the wtc debris hours after the attack? if that's really the official story i just can't believe that to be true.

I can't find any non-truther sources claiming so, so no.

did anyone else check out that Ptech thing
the most interesting thing to me about the whole truther thing isn't the truthers themselves (because of course there's going to be 9/11 conspiracy theories how could there not be) it's how angry people get about them. i get it, the full on "made it happen" theory is pretty contrived, but people get just as intense about the relatively plausible "let it happen" one.

plus, it doesn't match up with how people treat other, equally contrived conspiracy theories. if you deny the moon landing, people who aren't astronauts just laugh. the idea that global warming is a worldwide conspiracy of climate scientists trying to get grant money is almost mainstream on the right. the only real comparison is holocaust denial, and the body count for that is literally six thousand times higher
The "let it happen" one is just as absurd because it suggests something that is extremely improbable about the President and the rest of government. It requires a very unhealthy and inaccurate worldview to consider something like that seriously.

lungfish posted:
The "let it happen" one is just as absurd because it suggests something that is extremely improbable about the President and the rest of government. It requires a very unhealthy and inaccurate worldview to consider something like that seriously.

Flip side of that is "They hate us for our freedoms"

Well don't they? Decadent, immoral Western liberalism and all that. Sayyid Qutb. I watched me some Adam Curtis
lol
personally i wouldn't wanna make an argument based entirely on the basic human decency of the second bush administration but that's just me

lungfish posted:

Well don't they? Decadent, immoral Western liberalism and all that. Sayyid Qutb. I watched me some Adam Curtis

its a horrendous mess of a "case" and we will probably never know what really happened because all the evidence that wasn't destroyed with the fire/collapses could have been destroyed accidentally afterwards.

the only sources we really have to go on is the official u.s. govt opinion which if you know how bureaucracy works- is what the man in charge told everyone to stick to and they did because they are horrendous government psychopaths afraid of loosing their nova suburb lifestyle.

and the second source is independent analysis - which ranges all the way from crackhead child drop-outs claiming to know how explosives were placed to top university engineers who just "know" the collapse wasn't possible based on pre-existing information.

the let it happen theory is def the most plausible because it only requires government to be what it already is and doesn't require any faction to be particularly clever in "getting away" with anything.