it must be cool to have a weird brain

Ironicwarcriminal posted:
It just goes to show the worthlessness of science imo. It just shits me that people sperg out about dumb shit like 3D printing ("oh wow a machine that crafts things! what's a lathe?") like it's the second coming of Christy.

at this rate youd be complaining about "science" in a thread about carpentry. heres a free tip, just start saying "techne" instead

AmericanNazbro posted:
but... but... i put plastic into this thing and the end product isn't communist revolution just a sombrero? what good is technology if it doesn't enact communist revolution for me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if you input the design schematic for communist revolution itll make it for you, wtf is your problem jerk

mistersix posted:

It just goes to show the worthlessness of science imo. It just shits me that people sperg out about dumb shit like 3D printing ("oh wow a machine that crafts things! what's a lathe?") like it's the second coming of Christy.

at this rate youd be complaining about "science" in a thread about carpentry. heres a free tip, just start saying "techne" instead

i remember when i used to cling to the idea of science being a pure, almost utopian field divorced from economic or political context

couldnt you use this to like, make molds for metal casting

jools posted:

it can if you're making a mold that just presses into sand or something. i don't know if it can do any like lost-wax casting

jools posted:

wouldn't plastic melt at the temperatures for metal casting

How is mettal formed
[account deactivated]

Hurricane_Faggot posted:

jools posted:

it can if you're making a mold that just presses into sand or something. i don't know if it can do any like lost-wax casting

for lost-wax you could just use the plastic as a master mould

jools posted:

Hurricane_Faggot posted:

jools posted:

for lost-wax you could just use the plastic as a master mould

ya that would work

[account deactivated]

cleanhands posted:

AmericanNazbro posted:
but... but... i put plastic into this thing and the end product isn't communist revolution just a sombrero? what good is technology if it doesn't enact communist revolution for me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if you input the design schematic for communist revolution itll make it for you, wtf is your problem jerk

when you think about it, bongs are gateway tools of the revolution...

maggot master have you ever looked into any self tanning products to help with your problem of being lily white?? i recommend norvell
my complexion is actually fairly dark, but i choose to use fair and lovely to bring out my soul's inner radiance

ialdabaoth posted:
How is mettal formed

Several tons of molten metal are transferred from a ladle into a pressure pour unit using a converter truck, that metal is then poured into a moving line of molds; which, are created with a costumer specified pattern, silica sand, and immense pressure. Often times cores, which are simply bits of compressed sand, will be placed into the open molds to create negative spaces within the casting.

Once the molten metal transfers from the pressure pour into the mold, its cooled for approximately one hour as it continues along the line. The gating, which is produced by channels between the parts in the mold, is then removed using a specialized crane, and the parts then head off for inspection and cleaning before being shipped to the customer.

Then the various parts are integrated into all sorts of complex machinery that through their contstiute actions continue the century long domination of the capitalist mode of production.

yet all of those efforts, decades of refinement + improvement of technique, swept away in an instant by makerbot profession metal fabber 2012
pirate the benin bronzes imo
the ycs forum makes my eyes hurt, theres too much goin' on over there *reclines back into lounge chair, inhales a deep drag on my pipe, opens book of erotic joyce letters*
have we confirmed whether or not the physical products made from this 3d printer are edible
instead of sheets of plastic, use fruit roll-ups
imma print me a woman made from bubble tape

shermanstick posted:
have we confirmed whether or not the physical products made from this 3d printer are edible

based on my experiences i would say they are eatable but not edible

so sorta like hungry howies?
tech-related so i'm posting here but whoa, whoa, whoa is this for real:

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/the-rise-of-the-killer-drones-how-america-goes-to-war-in-secret-20120416?print=true

The incident also underscored the increasingly central role that drones now play in American foreign policy. During the invasion of Iraq in 2003, the military conducted only a handful of drone missions. Today, the Pentagon deploys a fleet of 19,000 drones

For reals? 19 THOUSAND?

that can't be right

man those suckers are small i would have guessed over 200k in storage
with that many drones, at least one has to have reached sentience and determined that it is gay

shermanstick posted:
with that many drones, at least one has to have reached sentience and determined that it is gay

yeah. me

http://defensesystems.com/articles/2010/03/31/military-has-too-many-unmanned-planes-maybe.aspx

well it looks like this govt report says they had 7000 in 2010 so i guess 19,000 now wouldn't surprise me. Fuck, consider my mind blown: i thought they would have had like 800 tops
bro the us has... a Lot of aircraft

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_active_United_States_military_aircraft

http://defensesystems.com/articles/2010/03/31/military-has-too-many-unmanned-planes-maybe.aspxwell it looks like this govt report says they had 7000 in 2010 so i guess 19,000 now wouldn't surprise me. Fuck, consider my mind blown: i thought they would have had like 800 tops

no wonder they want to use them domestically, plus there is also an extra level of detachment with these when killing your own population

i wonder how long until the bong printing machine can make these and then terminator can become reality in so far as the sentient drones and /machines/ in the movie signified the labor sector of the world rebelling against capital and the status quo

a trotskyiest entryist, T-800, fighting on the side of white supremacy and capital -

"My task of defeating actual existing communism is done, but there is still one Marxist ideology remaining . I cannot self destruct, you must lower the icepick into my skull."

I read some thing a few months back about an Occupy participant talking about making drones to keep watch over protesters and keep an eye on the cops

the future is going to be so dumb, every man and his dog and the state flying these things around

ialdabaoth posted:
yet all of those efforts, decades of refinement + improvement of technique, swept away in an instant by makerbot profession metal fabber 2012

The process that 3d printers use to create parts would create successive lap bands that would destroy the integrity of any metal part that it produces. So traditional methods of casting production wouldn't be swept away wrt to parts that have forces applied to them(car parts etc)

a rather banal lack of imagination

1488 posted:

ialdabaoth posted:

The process that 3d printers use to create parts would create successive lap bands that would destroy the integrity of any metal part that it produces. So traditional methods of casting production wouldn't be swept away wrt to parts that have forces applied to them(car parts etc)

this isnt the case w/electron beam sintering

I read some thing a few months back about an Occupy participant talking about making drones to keep watch over protesters and keep an eye on the cops

the future is going to be so dumb, every man and his dog and the state flying these things around

1488 posted:

ialdabaoth posted:

wait these things can make lap bands finally a solution for my incredible obesity

can this function as a bubblejet if my bubblejet runs out of ink does it accept bubblejet ink

Vivian posted:
can this function as a bubblejet if my bubblejet runs out of ink does it accept bubblejet ink

it'll accept bubblegum but only if you chew out all the flavour first

[account deactivated]