crustpunk_trotsky posted:
the main difference between russia/china industrializing and the west & japan doing the same decades earlier is I guess the former only stuck to mass murdering their own population instead of the population of their colonies

i think you mean "...as well"

the whole argument of who killed more people, communism or capitalism has been done to death and it's always disingenuous as hell + real boring

jools posted:

crustpunk_trotsky posted:
the main difference between russia/china industrializing and the west & japan doing the same decades earlier is I guess the former only stuck to mass murdering their own population instead of the population of their colonies

this isnt even true, life expectancy in the UK during early industrialisation was 17 or so in urban areas

curbing the population of adult brits in the world was the industrial age's greatest humanitarian act

AmericanNazbro posted:
the whole argument of who killed more people, communism or capitalism has been done to death and it's always disingenuous as hell + real boring

page 2 and i alreayd hear tea pots squealing mwahha

AmericanNazbro posted:

its cool that the same thing goes on in american historical circles as historians wonder whether the colonists genocided a million natives or 100 million, well let's not worry too much about it

why do we get mad about the victorian holocausts and give the holodomor etc. a pass when it's all The Price Of Progress. Lord Palmerston and Andy Jackson were as iron and illiberal as Stalin and Mao
it's a terrible conversatin. almost as terrible as this thread and gulag archipelago
Agreedo

littlegreenpills posted:
why do we get mad about the victorian holocausts and give the holodomor etc. a pass when it's all The Price Of Progress. Lord Palmerston and Andy Jackson were as iron and illiberal as Stalin and Mao

everybodys reading that noobie news.

BF college is rotting your mind
so in what context ARE we allowed to discuss the crimes of communism?
everything about the gulag seems p quaint and benign really.... esp the Feared Knock At The Door, whereas now in america they just burst in shoot any pets tase some elderly relatives and send you off to pick cotton in a former plantation
im going to make a phenomenological dubstep album and call it Wubjectivity
malnourished Gulag agricultural workers were the original dubsteppers, they were dropping dirty beets all over the place
the gulag archipelago in and of itself isnt a bad a book, it just has negative political connotations

i mean, its a guy in prison for a day and he's hungry + they make him work + theres a complicated internal economy / social structure. these things happen.

Tsargon posted:
the gulag archipelago in and of itself isnt that bad a book, it just has negative political connotations

i dont even know whats in it bc everyone just freaks out about the author's political convictions

also: it's a pretty bad book

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:

whats it about

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:

ive read worse + its really short

the re-beigeification of lf

Tsargon posted:

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:

ive read worse + its really short

vol 1 is 700 pages long tsargon

oh my lord i thought we were talking about a day in the life of ivan denisovich lmao nvm
who cares bout his poklitics he mad boring

Tsargon posted:
oh my lord i thought we were talking about a day in the life of ivan denisovich lmao nvm

lol i just realised i was thinking about the same thing

Yea this
ivan denisovitch was alright. hes cold, his soup sucks, he has to build something and its cold and he has no tools, but he has a cigarette
wow sounds like my life on a friday night

Impper posted:
who cares bout his poklitics he mad boring

http://www.rhizzone.net/forum/topic/1484/

im not taking advice on what's boring from you
one of the paragraphs from the first chapter in what is supposed to be a scene of chilling terror has a sinister NKVD man standing sternly over the arrestee, waiting for him to pack his clothes and personal effects into a suitcase so he can bring them with him to the lockup and exasperatedly chivvying him to hurry up and reminding him he won't need to take much stuff
theres a perverse reaction to decency and moral fortitude on this forum, that those things are "boring". if being a good and happy person is boring, i am happy to be boring.
yea that dude who sold out to the west and then to putin is mad 'decent'

babyfinland posted:
theres a perverse reaction to decency and moral fortitude on this forum, that those things are "boring". if being a good and happy person is boring, i am happy to be boring.

agreed, which is why i uphold communism with a smile on my face and an unbreakable will. amen.

a decent man

old solzy was a patriotic war hero in the war against fascism i'll remind you. typical liberals, abusing their freedoms to disparage those who fought for their very means of expression

babyfinland posted:

AmericanNazbro posted:

i'm in a real bad mood i just had someone lecture me for 45minuts about going to a homeopathic doctor, i don't need someone denigrating Stalin as well.

i think we've all read the exiled article paco. you should really expand your knowledge base a little bit.
its from boston.com and any other site you want to search you whackjob

babyfinland posted:
whats it about

boring stories from a bunch of pussies whining about how they had to work to make russia great

AmericanNazbro posted:

babyfinland posted:

AmericanNazbro posted:

i'm in a real bad mood i just had someone lecture me for 45minuts about going to a homeopathic doctor, i don't need someone denigrating Stalin as well.

real men dont need homo doctors sticking fingers in places God intended as a one way street