Just wondering. If you're still communist in 2012 and you haven't read it, well, maybe you should and you'll realize why communists are treated as the slightly less mean but more stupid stepcousins of Holocaust-deniers.
lmao solzhenitsyn
[account deactivated]
I think the Baltic states are right to put communism and fascism on the same level. They are both totalitarian ideologies with no room for dissent and disagreement.
wonder what solzhenitsyn's view on nazbol was
Next on teh baeby fibland reading list after the mad rantings of a russian monarchist: The Big Black Book Of Communism
i had to read a solzhenitsyn book for a russian hist class i took once and needless to say i didn't touch it

Impper posted:
lmao solzhenitsyn

he's a monarchist, and not even the ironic kind

plus of all the ridiculous royal families in europe to back he chooses the pathetic romanovs, holy moley

Impper posted:
lmao solzhenitsyn

The original nazbol

To the communists in here. I haven’t read solzhenitsyn but I’ve heard the criticisms of him: Are there any books about the victims of communism you would recommend or is that impossible because there were no vicitms?

Ironicwarcriminal posted:
To the communists in here. I haven’t read solzhenitsyn but I’ve heard the criticisms of him: Are there any books about the victims of communism you would recommend or is that impossible because there were no vicitms?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_book_of_communism

With the blessing of Prime Minister Vladimir Putin, the widow of Alexander Solzhenitsyn is unveiling an abridged version of his celebrated and once-banned “The Gulag Archipelago” as required reading for Russian high-school seniors about the crimes of the Soviet regime.
i'm actually reading the gulag archipelago right now and let me tell you i can't stop thinking about bhpn
look at these Stalinists laughing at a Gulag survivor's extremist politics. Amazing. your extremely comfortable if slightly boring lives drew you to advocacy of mass murder and dictatorship; he literally spent years doing hard labor in a prison camp and you guys it's somehow a mark against his contribution to the world that his politics harken back to a time before such things existed? wow

littlegreenpills posted:
i'm actually reading the gulag archipelago right now and let me tell you i can't stop thinking about bhpn

could u summarize it for me.

wtf are you quoting
on a related note, have you considered the fact that the horrific accounts of north korean refugees are actually a sinister capitalist conspiracy to discredit the one true successor to the glorious crown of Stalinism?
here is an enormous list of anecdotes about people who were arrested and put in the gulag

crustpunk_trotsky posted:
on a related note, have you considered the fact that the horrific accounts of north korean refugees are actually a sinister capitalist conspiracy to discredit the one true successor to the glorious crown of Stalinism?

if there's people we can't trust, it's people who have lived their entire lives being tortured in prison camps who, now that they're freed, are too humble to eat meat knowing that their countrymen are starving, and regard things that we take for granted, like electric streetlights, as a marvel.

Yes. We have examined the matter deeply and have concluded almost unanimously that They Are.

i was actually doing this just the other day

littlegreenpills posted:
here is an enormous list of anecdotes about people who were arrested and put in the gulag

fucked up but true

bsaically all justification of stalin and mao's actions comes down to "well if you look at the facts in a new light *pushes glasses up nose* it turns out they only killed a billion people through malice and idiocy, not a trillion as was once thought"
you say holocaust-denier as a pejorative

bsaically all justification of stalin and mao's actions comes down to "well if you look at the facts in a new light *pushes glasses up nose* it turns out they only killed a billion people through malice and idiocy, not a trillion as was once thought"

i once said basically this to my mother and i was like hrm that just came out of my mouth

To me the most sickening thing about LF was people sitting in college dorms paid for by their mummy and daddy and writing off missives about “greedy kulaks” and such.

AmericanNazbro posted:
you say holocaust-denier as a pejorative

who would dare to denigrate the german nation's greatest accomplishment since unification under bismarck

the justification of maos and stalins actions is probably that they raised their shithole countries to be in the top 3 most powerful countries in the world hummmmm you fucking bourgie liberal weaklings

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:
the justification of maos and stalins actions is probably that they raised their shithole countries to be in the top 3 most powerful countries in the world hummmmm you fucking bourgie liberal weaklings

same except the queen victoria

babyfinland posted:

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:

same except the queen victoria

the us prison system is ripe for an archipelago treatment, where is it
plus a bunch of other stuff involving human welfare tahts apparently irrelevant 2 everyone's favourite feudal fetishist, Tommy Noggins
happy birthday IWC
the main difference between russia/china industrializing and the west & japan doing the same decades earlier is I guess the former only stuck to mass murdering their own population instead of the population of their colonies

littlegreenpills posted:

http://www.amazon.com/Golden-Gulag-Opposition-Globalizing-California/dp/0520222563

bf this new "what your dad would say about communists" gimmick is somehow even more boring than iwcs lol

littlegreenpills posted:

its not coming because unlike the gulags sighing intellectuals there's a distinct lack of Bourgeois Wubjectivity among americas convicts

jools posted:
plus a bunch of other stuff involving human welfare tahts apparently irrelevant 2 everyone's favourite feudal fetishist, Tommy Noggins

i defend the humanitarian gains of communists actually

he main difference between russia/china industrializing and the west & japan doing the same decades earlier is I guess the former only stuck to mass murdering their own population instead of the population of their colonies

Yeah but for like every 1 person mao killed mad other little persons was born

the main difference between russia/china industrializing and the west & japan doing the same decades earlier is I guess the former only stuck to mass murdering their own population instead of the population of their colonies

this isnt even true, life expectancy in the UK during early industrialisation was 17 or so in urban areas