francis posted:
seriouspost though you can tell which entries were submitted by people who can only conceive of their design being stuck as a decal on somebody's car, rather than scrawled in chalk on the side of a bombed-out field hospital

e: i really like the human shield one tho

most of them look like they've been designed to sit next to those little twitter/facebook buttons that you see everywhere

good to see they decided to go with the one that is a threatening hand masquerading as a peaceful dove
it's the hand of the market...

francis posted:
seriouspost though you can tell which entries were submitted by people who can only conceive of their design being stuck as a decal on somebody's car, rather than scrawled in chalk on the side of a bombed-out field hospital

e: i really like the human shield one tho

This is a good point. Anyone can draw a peace sign. This bird/hand logo would be much more difficult to make. Any effective logo would have to be fundamentally recreatable and recognizable by anyone using a few simple strokes.

lungfish posted:
Anyone can draw a peace sign.

You are overestimating the average person

tapespeed posted:
lungfish posted:
Anyone can draw a peace sign.

You are overestimating the average person

pretty sure thats a photoshop from a really bad satire piece

whoa! I didn't see that one in the competition!

VoxNihili posted:
pretty sure thats a photoshop from a really bad satire piece

dang. that'll teach me to use google image without looking deeper. still happens tho IRL on protest signs & stuff