Hey, everyone, please join in with the rest of the internet and laugh at ITV. They’ve only gone and made a documentary about Gadaffi’s links with the IRA, and then used footage from Arma II to illustrate it. “IRA Film 1988″ it says over a dodgy Frapsing of Arma II. No, they actually did that. Presumably, as PCG points out, because of this dodgy YouTube video. You can watch the clip in question below. (This spectacular stupidity was originally discovered by the BI Forums.)

The timing of this event, given recent trends, is impeccable. Good times.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/09/27/tv-confuses-arma-with-real-life/

babyfinland posted:

Hey, everyone, please join in with the rest of the internet and laugh at ITV. They’ve only gone and made a documentary about Gadaffi’s links with the IRA, and then used footage from Arma II to illustrate it. “IRA Film 1988″ it says over a dodgy Frapsing of Arma II. No, they actually did that. Presumably, as PCG points out, because of this dodgy YouTube video. You can watch the clip in question below. (This spectacular stupidity was originally discovered by the BI Forums.)

The timing of this event, given recent trends, is impeccable. Good times.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/09/27/tv-confuses-arma-with-real-life/

video removed?

aw shucks

well this is still up, this is the footage they had used:

ho ho ho a tv station made a mistake let's pretend like gaddafi didn't deserve to get his ass handed to him on a high hat. libya is free, go cry more queer.

getfiscal posted:
go cry more queer.

whooooooooooooa

i promised mccaine i'd stop saying faggot
its acceptable as long as we all know you're doing it with a bostonian accent
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

getfiscal posted:
i promised mccaine i'd stop saying faggot

p. sure he says sperg so he's full of shit asking ppl to stop the hatespeech

discipline posted:
faggot is such an awful word. it literally makes me recoil in the same way nigger does.

really? nigger is such a totally silly word, it makes me giggle and sometimes when i'm alone i'll just keep saying it over and over again or deconstructing it. like talking in a redneck accent and going "well i'd stop sayin' it if those people would just stop nigging all the time!" like think about how ridiculous that every sort of -er identifier for a person describes something about them... a packer? packs. a driver? drives. but "nigging" isn't something, there is no way to "nig" so its just hilarious

anyway we're not gonna make any inroads about making words less powerful and effective at what they do if we get agitated. there's a reason why gay ppl managed to defuse "queer" because they really did take it back and now its just like "any non hetero interest in sexuality" and if you call them a queer you might get a roll eyes and a scoff for being childish, whereas black people still flip out 100% about the slur used against them, you can't say it around them without bug eyes and bulging veins and flaring nostrils (in the best case) so the slur manages to continue being powerful and a button to push

so stop recoiling from words, its just like the little girl who keeps melting down everytime the little boy pulls her pigtails and runs away

tapespeed posted:
anyway we're not gonna make any inroads about making words less powerful and effective at what they do if we get agitated. there's a reason why gay ppl managed to defuse "queer" because they really did take it back and now its just like "any non hetero interest in sexuality" and if you call them a queer you might get a roll eyes and a scoff for being childish, whereas black people still flip out 100% about the slur used against them, you can't say it around them without bug eyes and bulging veins and flaring nostrils (in the best case) so the slur manages to continue being powerful and a button to push

so stop recoiling from words, its just like the little girl who keeps melting down everytime the little boy pulls her pigtails and runs away

Actually gay people can get away with that because society wasn't founded on institutional heterosexual supremacy in any significant sense. Saying nigger is painful because black people are systematically oppressed and have been forever. A slave, a nigger, is someone dehumanized. To make light of that is really grotesque, given what we benefit from and live off of everyday (the stolen labor, and more importantly humanity, of enslaved and colonized people).

In conclusion, Rapernig crack gang.

maybe that was true for most of history but not since obama got elected, we beat racism

tapespeed posted:
maybe that was true for most of history but not since obama got elected, we beat racism

Point taken