EmanuelaOrlandi posted:
what is you source on the borders bf?

ever hear of ibn battuta son

naw but i remember his daddy, battuta went hard man on some OG shit
i guess i cant really say closed borders are "haraam" but they are certainly historically aberrational to the lands of the sacred law
it's ok i respect your project to prove that crimethinc anarchism and sharia law are not at odds with one another
the truth of all the degenerate failed modern ideologies are to be found in islam. dumpster diving: sunnah?

Ironicwarcriminal posted:

getfiscal posted:

Ironicwarcriminal posted:
Speaking vaguely of skills and training, look at this bankruptcy of social democracy. Our labor party

well there's your problem. you should be voting liberal, because they kept mortgage rates down.

true, they "stopped the boats" as well.

interest rates and stopping boatpeople is generally what our elections are about.

I've never really thought of myself as a boat guy, or a boat 'person,' so to speak. but to each his own.

interest is haraam but like as far as i know pretty much every major muslim bank in the world just charges interest through special charges. like oh we won't charge interest but well there's a special loan fee which turns out to approximate the market interest rate. TANSTAAFL

getfiscal posted:
interest is haraam but like as far as i know pretty much every major muslim bank in the world just charges interest through special charges. like oh we won't charge interest but well there's a special loan fee which turns out to approximate the market interest rate. TANSTAAFL

well you see in a free market...

This just came up on my facebook. Even though I’m non-religious it’s pretty sad that we can’t even at least nominally celebrate Easter for what it’s about without a bunch of my lame ass gen Y peers getting so glib and self-congratulatory.

I mean I’m not offended or anything, I’m just annoyed at the fact that they probably thought they were being real clever coming up with this.

babyfinland posted:
soviet architecture is probably the epitome of modern construction

CLOUD IRON muhfuck
an enterprising young man built some in china, how kind and good

this is different but its friendly, equal
how sweet. its so charming that every modernist wished they were sinan

NOT MOSCOW, NOT MECCA

W A R S A W

babyfinland posted:
the truth of all the degenerate failed modern ideologies are to be found in islam. dumpster diving: sunnah?

Edited by discipline ()

girdles_gone_wild posted:

AmericanNazbro posted:
having sex routinely costs too much money unless you live in a hipster area and you can pick up people by wearing a potato sack with 4 holes cut into it, because that's "ironic" and nonconformist

i'd rather spend my money on drugs or legos. much more fulfilling

Stop paying for sex.

nice clothes are expensive, man.

babyfinland posted:

getfiscal posted:

well you see in a free market...

Judy Garland: "Allah? Loan. Allah! Loan... Allah?! Loan... Al--Lone!"

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-03-30/obama-plans-overhaul-of-student-loan-debt-collector-practices.html

The Obama administration proposed requiring that debt collectors let student-loan borrowers make payments based on what they can afford, rather than on the size of their debt.

The U.S. Education Department, which hires private collectors, said yesterday it would mandate that the companies use a standard form to gather debtors’ income and expenses. If borrowers protest, they would be offered an income-based formula, which can result in payments as low as $50 a month for an unmarried person with $20,000 in income and $20,000 in loans.

The collection companies -- which receive commissions of as much as 20 percent of recoveries -- are facing complaints that they insist on stiff payments from defaulted borrowers even though the Obama administration and Congress have approved more- lenient plans, Bloomberg News reported March 26. The education department is also reviewing the commissions it pays collectors.

“We definitely feel a sense of urgency to make sure we are doing everything we can to serve the interests of taxpayers and students,” Justin Hamilton, an Education Department spokesman, said in a telephone interview.

The agency first proposed changing the rule governing the treatment of defaulted borrowers a year ago, Hamilton said. After a public comment period, the regulation may take effect as soon as July 2013.

dont pay for sex imo
or at least give me the money without me having to do anything

The burden of paying for college is wreaking havoc on the finances of an unexpected demographic: senior citizens.

New research from the Federal Reserve Bank of New York shows that Americans 60 and older still owe about $36 billion in student loans, providing a rare window into the dynamics of student debt. More than 10 percent of those loans are delinquent. As a result, consumer advocates say, it is not uncommon for Social Security checks to be garnished or for debt collectors to harass borrowers in their 80s over student loans that are decades old.

That even seniors remain saddled with student loans highlights what a growing chorus of lawmakers, economists and financial experts say has become a central conflict in the nation’s higher education system: The long-touted benefits of a college degree are being diluted by rising tuition rates and the longevity of debt.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/senior-citizens-continue-to-bear-burden-of-student-loans/2012/04/01/gIQAs47lpS_story.html

well it makes sense that student loans would eventually become another way to give public money directly to the rent industry