Undie Run targeted 'uptight' Utah laws

Thousands of people stripped to their underwear and ran through Salt Lake City to protest what they called the "uptight" laws of Utah.

The goal of Saturday's event was to organize people frustrated by the conservative nature of state politics, Undie Run organizer Nate Porter said.

Nudity was prohibited by organizers. Participants donned bras, panties, nightgowns, swimwear or colourful boxer shorts, and some added political messages by expressing support for causes such as gay marriage on their chests, backs or legs.

Salt Lake City is the home of the Mormon church, which is a vocal opponent of gay marriage.

Porter estimated 3,000 people participated in the run, which began in downtown Salt Lake City and circled past the state Capitol building a little over a kilometre away.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/offbeat/story/2011/09/25/offbeat-utah-run.html

Nudity was prohibited... thus showing the real lie that is liberalism. Let me be radical... but only so much! No thanks I choose moderate social-democracy.
wow the organizer is a man never would have guessed

"hey, girls, i want you to get down to your underwear.... now hear me out...."
The one thing from the latest batch of reactionary garbage the legislature passed/discussed this year (tougher immigration laws, steep food taxes etc) that was defeated in a concerted grassroots effort was the shuttering of a few state-run liquor stores. They're back open guys. Go get 'em.

The alternative weekly here was nothing but booze chat for months, all kinds of sob stories about how restaurants were going to have to spend more money on gas to send people to stock up again, and how the stores were profitable to begin with and shouldn't be closed, all kinds of letters and angry phonecalls and city councilmen standing UP and demanding that they not be shut down.

Edited by stegosaurus ()

heres my plan:

1. move to a conservative state run by an insane cult

2. complain about it
tsargon a lot of people have to move there for work*

* this is code for white flight
It's hard to be consistently upset about the larger evils of capitalism and stuff. But the itchy little things they use to keep everyone smelling their shit to remember whose ass runs things, those are what drive people crazy. so it makes sense to use them as a catalyst for larger actions and ideas. or you could go Wah cry about it I'm a tough guy who is never affected by anything outside the scope of the zimmerwald conference
re op: cottage cheese prices
oh myf i was being silly i have no problem with this protest really