tears posted:

could have just hidden it in the fridge

we got OJ, purple stuff, soda… The Great Helmsman? Yeah go for it!

Constantignoble posted:

i have a big dumb essay i may share

it got way bigger and way dumber, each time causing me to question some previous argument i thought i'd settled, and add another 10 or so books to my study list. i've started calling this "my master's thesis," though i swear on god and on mao that i will never go to grad school for any reason, not even to pick up a friend unless they're really drunk or sad or out of money or just want to hang out, that's cool too

anyway, i feel like by the time it's finished "essay" won't be the right word for it anymore (currently around 12k words and nowhere near done), but i don't think i have the steam to drag a full book out of it. and i just now realized, oh, it's a pamphlet. i'm writing a pamphlet. i've reached that part of my political development.

Edited by Constantignoble ()

Been a month, no manic or depressive episodes so far. I'm not happy, or sad for that matter. Just indifferent to everything, which I'll count as a win.
rHizzonE salute to the old guy who shot a bunch of landlords in Toronto. that's how you play real life
Got back from neurologist after tilt test, he said my vagus nerve is fucked up and he can't do shit because he's not a miracle worker. Sent me back to my cardiologist for a hail mary.
I'm sorry for your troubles and the unreliability of miracles.
Forget it about, I was going to off myself one of these days anyway, but if nerve damage kills me first so be it.
im going on strike
I've been cleared for SSDI, the income is worthless and won't cover rent, but I do get disabled workers insurance when I get a job. (Which covers everything, and no deductibles.)

***UPDATE***
So it turns out my hands are permanently numb, so I can't get a job as a MA. Also my SDDI increased enough to cover rent so that's good. I've decided after a decade of dropping out to finally go back to college, I'm getting a degree in financial economics with a minor in accounting. I'm selling out, I'm going to be an even bigger piece of shit than before.

Edited by Populares ()

currently chillin on an L shaped couch. what shape is your couch
same but lower case
I've been going through a pretty serious depressive episode for the past three weeks or so, which I've had to deal with for most of my life so it "is what it is" but some dumbass plumbers broke our water main and just left it so we've been without water for two of those weeks and it really adds a certain frisson. Me and my wife going out and collecting snow in garbage bins so we can have water to flush the toilets with. It's a bit what I imagine life will be like under the JDPEN for my crackkker ass
all the best gay_swimmer. all the best gay_swimmer's wife.
got an interview for an job at a literal shit-baking factory

zhaoyao posted:

got an interview for an job at a literal shit-baking factory

I saw a posting for a job at one of these when I was looking for a job a few years back, decided I didn’t have the constitution for it. Good luck to you - hope the pay isn’t shit since the job itself is

Moving on wednesday, I've always hated this place and I can't wait to never see it again.
Edit: My home county, not the rhizz. I'm not leaving here.
Further Edit: I got accepted into my first choice of college, and I've finished moving. I'll be attending in the fall; in the mean time I'm going to take intro to stats and business law at the local community college.

Edited by Populares ()

just happened across a screenshot i took when i was looking for a job in late 2021. i've got family members who constantly talk about the Job Security and Retirement Benefits of working for the great satan, so i was glancing around usajobs.gov to see if maybe the forest service had a communications gig open or something

anyway, couldn't help but notice these listings

not surprising at all that there'd be a lot of high-paying jobs centered around Ethiopia at that point, and i felt compelled to note it. the thing i didn't capture is that the other major foreign-language listings at that time were Ukrainian, which also makes sense in hindsight.

anyway, all this is to say that looking at what foreign languages amerikkka is looking to employ is probably an underutilized indicator

Edited by Constantignoble ()

China Radio International and Radio Habana are the only state broadcasters that regularly broadcast in Esperanto, which is also telling

gay_swimmer posted:

China Radio International and Radio Habana are the only state broadcasters that regularly broadcast in Esperanto, which is also telling

Waiting to go into surgery to replace my neurostimulator on Friday. Day surgery so hopefully I'll be home within a few hours of the surgery.
all the best Populares.
Thanks cars, everything went well, surgery took an hour, was out in three hours. 10/10 would get cut open again. Can't drink for at least two weeks so that'll suck.
I haven't posted here for like 5 years but I live in an attic in Beijing and work for the Chinese government now
how's that working out for you gibbonstrength
are yhey still hiring

zhaoyao posted:

are yhey still hiring

Gibbonstrength posted:

I haven't posted here for like 5 years but I live in an attic in Beijing and work for the Chinese government now

u should start an expat club with goodrum

yeah, what aerdil said

and then the two of you can put your heads together and let us know if they're still hiring
I don't really want to move to China to work for the government. I'll just wait until they invade here

aerdil posted:

Gibbonstrength posted:

I thought about it but I have no idea how I'd contact that guy. It'd be cool though we could finally start issuing the daily rhizzone podcast

i think i have to go back to work in July after almost two years of sick leave. yeah okay the cancer is better but i am suffering from the psychic sickness of capitalist alienation you fuckers
i haven't been posting much but i still exist and do peek in, hello

just open-palm slamming one in here to celebrate hitting the 400-lb deadlift milestone. next goalpost: 440, for an even 200 kg
I've been getting into hand embroidery. possibly as an escalation of my apocaholism.

Gibbonstrength posted:

aerdil posted:

Gibbonstrength posted:

I thought about it but I have no idea how I'd contact that guy. It'd be cool though we could finally start issuing the daily rhizzone podcast

unfortunately theyre leaving beijing but theyre about to start working for SCMP

surely there's a few sets of rhizzonners living in the same city. you could do a round robin of various groups of people slurring uncomfortably into cheap microphones about stalin, for the authentic podcast experience

Constantignoble posted:

i haven't been posting much but i still exist and do peek in, hello

just open-palm slamming one in here to celebrate hitting the 400-lb deadlift milestone. next goalpost: 440, for an even 200 kg

Post your bodyweight too so that I can feel slightly better about lifting way less

We should have the daily rhizzone podcast be an automated bot reading out the daily post to the rhizzone forums
Here's what I'm practicing. The fibonacci web is wrinkled because I just washed it, overall the tension is actually good and it ironed flat, but I was over confident in not using a stabilizer to prevent the canvas puckering. As is typical of most art forms that have been developed for tens of thousands of years, what seemed like a simple process, actually has dozens of variables to micromanage...

Edited by swampman ()

Getting Strong for Stalin still praxis

swampman posted:

Post your bodyweight too so that I can feel slightly better about lifting way less

sure: currently 225, down from 240 in spring. long-term target is roughly "anywhere below 190," but hell, i haven't looked at a scale and seen a 1 in the first digit in almost a decade, so i'll be happy even with that