frankly this war is boring now and i wish someone somewhere could invent some geopolitical crisis that was fresh and original: a land war in europe? ok grandpa

cars posted:

a sea of neo-Prometheism and goofy new Volhynia Experiments...

Sunday posted:

frankly this war is boring now and i wish someone somewhere could invent some geopolitical crisis that was fresh and original: a land war in europe? ok grandpa

Hersh just dropped the dirt on the US and Norway doin the dirt on Nordstream so perhaps that will breathe new whatever into the thing for ya

agreed that it will be fun to watch the struggle with Hersh by Western journalists trying to discredit him. All of whom were privately 100% confident already that something like his story was the truth, but that they were powerful elite brain-lords for knowing that but not saying it. Easy layup for him whenever that happens.

This annoys me so much. I’ve been hate-listening and observing his brain try to compute this war for a year and he’s gotten every single thing wrong, and by far the worst was him saying the Russians probably blew their own pipeline up.
i see a perfectly consistent throughline for Ames and Levine across most of their entire careers, where they are happy to promote anything that bashes Putin whether or not they believe it personally, except if wealthy Californians tend to say it to each other over brunch. Which since 2016 has qualified them as pro-Putin extremists / Russian bots in the eyes of the rest of the Western media. Like: right now they are pointing out that Zelensky can’t open negotiations with Moscow because he will get Maidan’d by the neo-Nazis behind his throne, who see him as no more than a ZOG get-out-of-jail-free card, which is one of those things everyone in the U.S. press corps knows but none of them are allowed to say, and while it always takes those guys a few years to catch up with t H E r H i z z o n E in those areas where they allow themselves to be correct, they may be improving their personal best per run.
in a post that has almost as much right to be in the war on china thread: known pedophile and sitting member of congross matt geatz asked some undersecretary of defense if the US is sending weapons to the most famous of ukrainian nazi groups, azov battalion. well prepared (at lying or being just exactly under-prepared, take your pick) the undersecretary claimed to have no knowledge of this happening, which forced geatz to pull out sources. geatz pulled out recent article from a chinese paper - which quickly turned the tables into geatz having to defend his use of "chinese propaganda" and allowing everyone to move on from the whole unsightly matter of aid most certainly going to nazis after congress removed any rules against aid going to ukrainian nazis back in the 2010's, and the pentagon later torpedoing any attempts to reintroduce those rules. All in all a great display of amerikkkan political theater, the power of the 2 parties to defend their imperialist project and push their own propaganda

Edited by solidar ()

you could hear the gears grinding under the hood of those clunker editorial offices as all the headlines led a story about a disgraced Republican pedophile talking Ukraine and Russia with, not any of those topics, but instead, the word 'Chinese'
the war has produced its fair share of horny for war phonk edits

Edited by tears ()

cars posted:

agreed that it will be fun to watch the struggle with Hersh by Western journalists trying to discredit him. All of whom were privately 100% confident already that something like his story was the truth, but that they were powerful elite brain-lords for knowing that but not saying it. Easy layup for him whenever that happens.

the Western journalists appear to have settled on "All of us were privately 100% confident already that something like his story was the truth, but we were powerful elite brain-lords for knowing that but not saying it."

putin likely to spin ICC arrest warrent as proofthat west wants to arest him

tears posted:

putin likely to spin ICC arrest warrent as proofthat west wants to arest him

limited hangout "leak" about how NATO's sending a lot of guns to Ukraine instead of a moderate amount… doesn't feel like the intended audience is even paying attention right now.
but enough about my posting

cars posted:

limited hangout "leak" about how NATO's sending a lot of guns to Ukraine instead of a moderate amount… doesn't feel like the intended audience is even paying attention right now.

Felt like a crossover event with the tiktok ban/super patriot act bill. All the coverage I heard was much less on the content or the effect of the leaks - it was all about “finding the leaker or leakers!” - a nice little sales story for promoting a huge increase in surveillance that is safe from FOIA and doesn’t need warrants

"senior Ukrainian military intelligence official" telling the saddest CIA dead drop (Yahoo! News) today that Ukraine's invasion of Russia makes Ukraine like “Finland in 1939". okay dude if you insist.
Ukraine war update:
fascinating detournement by prigozhin. all the chattering classes can make of the latest development are imbecilic tautologies. every single idiot is posting something to this effect
addendum:

looking for an opinion on wagner that is better than "he was a german composer" which so far is the most interesting thing anyone has said on the matter

tears posted:

looking for an opinion on wagner that is better than "he was a german composer"

there just isn't one. it's a bog standard mutiny. any marxist and materialist analysis of the 21st century relationship of ukraine/russia especially vis-a-vis nazo/amerikkka/the fourth neoliberal reich only underlines that russian capitalist leadership has degenerated to the point that the relations of all personal actors in the russian elite is ostensibly feudal in nature and the impossibility of a monopoly of violence by the current throneholders has been foreshadowed quite well by the late ottoman empire; no energy exports to a once loyal buyer, black sea force projection evaporated, internal consumption of defence goods outstripping supply... prigozhin is no muhammed ali pasha; first as tragedy, then as farce.

i've had enough

(gesturing) The front of the shirt explains what the person is supposed to have thought at first, while the back explains what it is hoped they would think at a later moment in time
you, humour broken by the years of grinding westernism: look at this slogan t-shirt
me, who still lives in a prelapsarian state: the NATO summit tote bag

yes Mark I wonder why the satrapy is being stripped for parts by foreigners while the state run by its own national bourgeoisie is not. Probably libertarianism, an important global political tendency that arises mysteriously in mayfly governments around the world funded by act of U.S. Congress.

prigozhin wacked
I have seen an anonymous web goon state that the pilot may have had a post-covid infarc and another say that this is happening to commercial pilots all the time now because they all got covid 39 times each and their hearts are like bubbles blown with a chewing gum that doesn't say "bubble" anywhere on the packaging.
watching various youtube armchair generals and comparing/contrasting their hermeneutic and heuristic techniques

Poland's prime minister got mad and said that, to defend the Blut und Ehre of the Poles, Warsaw wouldn't send weapons to Kiev anymore, because he was detecting unacceptable levels of sass from Greater Poland's servitor race in Ukraine. Then his minister said that actually Warsaw would still send weapons to Kiev, and they would just be old & crappy ones.

Meanwhile on ABC News:

Not smart... Kayaks are weak to splash damage

cars posted:

rip to other people irl