kornfan posted:

as a kid I used to dream about new platforming strategies to make it through Donkey Kong Country levels

you could have tried handstanding when you needed to, or inflating yourself just like a balloon

once, in the borderland between sleep and consciousness, i explored agroprom from stalker shadow of chernobyl
phantasy star iv, on the sega genesis; i'm certain i was cruising around Motavia in some early-teenage dream
My wife has gotten really into Victoria 3. She makes me play it with her on the laptop before bed. It's unreal.
Play vicky 2 hpm mod instead. Vicky 3 is trash for badiots
I haven’t played either video game and so they are both the same. red salute to gay_swimmer’s wife.
UNREALTOURNAMENTWARRIOR is honestly so moe. One time, recently, i played Unreal Tournament for the first time. "This is for you, UNREALTOURNAMENTWARRIOR," I, Vivian, thought at that time. Then i got distracted and i think thats when i figured out that the reason i couldnt emulate PC engine CD games because i had neglected to get a BIOS?? Something like that. Anyway, its a beautiful story, and UNREALTOURNAMENTWARRIOR has done so many things to enrich my life now.
can you delete posts? i think i accidentally double posted. Sorry.

realsubtle posted:

can you delete posts? i think i accidentally double posted. Sorry.

there is an exploitable stealth edit window of ~1 minute after you submit the post, using the "Edit" link at lower right of your post to change it to something else and conceal the double post, but everyone here is at the mercy of no rollback netcode, which has left the competitive scene DOA

cars posted:

best of luck posting out there.

between Harry Potter game and Atomic hearts game, the last month or so has provided an extremely detailed map of the center-left-liberal commercial core of video games writing.

Opportunistic positioning against reactionaries (themselves embarrassingly obliged to "support" a bland Marvel-movie franchise product overflowing with its own center-left-liberal mush politics, complete with tokens sympathetic trans character) built up an immense amount of tension among the underemployed scribe caste of the consumption-defined "gaming community".

Kid Wizard Game was an unusually explicit and public cycle of their common lot: you have to play the shitty video game because the video game is an Event in your industry; people will make fun of you for denouncing it and also playing it; future-marketing-directed politics of demographic "inclusion" are all well and good, but as a left-liberal potty-mouth getting (poorly) paid in Western online media, you’re actually closer to the reactionaries than the oppressed, so someone always manages to make one of your friends cry for enacting the politics you pretend to despise, and then what about freedom of speech, huh? What about the sweat of our Gaming brow? Except some of your OTHER friends are the actual real intended targets of the reactionaries, so this isn’t an imaginary debate club for them, and they can't really help but notice what you do in the moment here, and—

—and so a great feeling of relief washed over Gaming Critics as another video game promptly arrived, one that traded openly in Soviet Union kitsch and was made in Cyprus, but uh, one of the companies that produced it had… someone working for it… that had previously worked for Gazprom? i think that's what they settled on? The publisher behind Atomic Hearts, when pressured to Roman-salute their undying support for Banderite blood-and-soil purity and Lockheed Martin weapons sales like the rest of the Western-dominated entertainment industry, said they didn't plan on establishing a party platform any time soon.

Not good enough. Very suspicious, this company, clearly going after the wrong sort of currency. And what if they were really WERE doing that, and what if they made the right bet here? What if other capitalists follow their example? What if the current situation's reversed some day, and we all end up paying for black-market gacha rolls in Russkie rubles? Or, even worse, buying Elder Scrolls IX with Cee Cee Pee yuan?

but what a relief!!!!!! Because as one, the Gaming Gamers Games Journalism Community surged together and denounced the moral failure of a video game to support sufficiently the NATO-proxy war effort OR the quarterly sales targets for English-speaking missile salesmen. Everyone attending the next E3 could get together here, since, after all, the "military-industrial complex" also comprises the collective C-suites of Big Video Game today, a Langley-sized revolving door for T-shirt-and-blazer spooks, West Pointers and gun runners. Under their stern and potentially preview-copy-denying rule, there was no need for anyone in the industry/consumer press to worry over internal dissent or professional rancor concerning this week’s particular brand of "progressive" politics.

Reactionary domestic politics, of the just-kidding-or-am-I variety, can be tolerated or cynically encouraged by the money behind a center-left-liberal Gamer Web site; failure to attend the defense industry’s weekly service for Saint Javelin, though, is a scarlet-letter sin. If you ever express an opinion about this potentially semi-Russian video game through the industry-connected, swag-hungry "news" media—instead of solely through your screechy personal YouTube channel, or a cool genius forums Post—you will always express the same opinion as everyone else. Because otherwise you’re fired and they never post your article.

I don't think the two games' releases were planned this way or anything, but… sometimes someone’s watching over the podcast Democrats from below, I guess.
I hate video games.

Populares posted:

I hate video games.

have you tried being told to play a video game by someone who's sure that one video game will change your mind and gets mad when it doesn't?

Yes, the game was bioshock infinite, "because it's really critical of amerikkka and stuff."
idf diapers update is live