condolences and sincere well wishes, tears

aerdil posted:

remember when people were posting robert malone stuff in here lmao

yes

Chinese virus. LOL

think about how China's handled testing vs. how the U.S. has handled it. Then read the caveat under the title of that map. Then look at the map some more, that's why it's there pal!!
when i looked at the map some more i wound up reading the key at the bottom & thinking about how it goes all the way up to 1 million cases per million people
when i looked at the map some more i deliberately ignored the implications and continued to blame those inscrutable orientals for my own problems
a million per million is pretty conservative for a cumulative case map in a world that's overwhelmingly decreed that everyone can expect maybe 2 reinfections per year if they're moderately careful

crazy to think that the eradication of smallpox is one of the only things we can point to as an example of a time humanity outright solved a social problem, and that probably wouldn't have happened if the USSR hadn't spearheaded the operation at a time when the USA was still coherent enough to go along with it out of competitiveness and spite lol
last year my mom caught covid shortly after her first vaccine shot. during the acute phase of the illness she experienced some weird neurological problems that slowly worsened over the next year. she caught it again several months ago and suddenly lost use of her legs and hands & has been in the hospital ever since, bouncing in and out of icu for a few weeks while her immune system eviscerated her peripheral and autonomic nervous system. she's been slowly recovering, relearning how to walk, etc but needs constant assistance. insurance is cutting her off so she's headed home next week. needless to say she's not been able to get back to work and probably won't be able to for a long time, if ever
that's really hard to read, I'm sorry about everyone's moms and wish them well

cars posted:

Chinese virus. LOL

another layer of ironing is that p much every search result for "economic impact" for covid-19 are about the horrors of china's lockdowns

Edited by karphead ()

very sorry to hear about your mother zhaoyao
remembering an Associated Press story last year about how no one knows the arcane Shona biotruths that protect Zimbabwe from COVID. The story started with a quote from a local saying that he always carries a mask around regardless, because if you can’t put one on when asked, the local authorities will use it as a reason to hassle you
CDC Director Rochelle Walensky: “For 75 years, C.D.C. and public health have been preparing for Covid-19, and in our big moment, ____________________.”

Spoiler!

hold up they started cooking this shit up 75 years ago ??
my manager caught the rona - he just got back from a two week vacation in florida. luckily i was out of the office on his first day back so I wasn't exposed. he p much killed our office productivity for the day - great job, dipshit!
another brain study, 2-year retrospective on lasting effects, not looking good...

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanpsy/article/PIIS2215-0366(22)00260-7/fulltext
Covid will be remembered as the leaded gasoline of our generation

aerdil posted:

remember when people were posting robert malone stuff in here lmao

that guy is some kind of spook. probably made covid heself

cars posted:

Chinese virus. LOL

everyone was right to call it an american bioweapon from the get-go, but it wasn't directed against the chinese lol

It’s too bad everyone who thought we were entering a new epoch of vaccine biosecurity totalitarianism had a meltdown and deleted their account like two weeks before Covid and vaccines were memory-holed.
the biosecurity shit will come back when they introduce something much worse than covid, and all the people crowing about civil liberties will be demanding it like they would have done when the bush administration first proposed these kinds of measures for a bogus bird flu
covid really did a number on this forum and i suspect it was caused on all sides by too much familiarity with twitter
sorry. i ran out of things to post. But i will stop by to upvote a post about communism or to make one per chance

kinch posted:

covid really did a number on this forum and i suspect it was caused on all sides by too much familiarity with twitter

No doubt that the social/communication norms that have been promoted and created by social media didn’t help. Particularly in making the way that communication on another anonymous website is happening. However, nearly everyone I know - just from being online, family, irl friends, acquaintances, second hand or through orgs - was driven to be slightly but noticeably more insane, angry, or abrasive by the height of covid.

reminding everyone that this forum's official position is and always has been the same as every Communist party and all Communist parties since the invention of vaccines: anti-vaccine = anti-Communist

kinch posted:

the biosecurity shit will come back when

I would simply draw my conclusions from evidence instead of the complete lack of it

kinch posted:

I think it was probably the pandemic that has killed millions of people over the last 2-3 years

"World War II really did a number on this continent and I suspect it was caused on all sides by too much familiarity with radio"