choose your fighter:

• the liberal who doesn't know he's a liberal

• the liberal who doesn't know the other guy is a liberal

confounded by the strong feelings abe seems to evoke in english speakers who probably don't even watch anime
best wishes to the big man, get well soon pal
is he ok?
waiting for the official confirmation from twitter

tears posted:

is he ok?

better than ever

He was 69 years old.
shinji abe
Really charming that the official story is that the assassination was the result of internecine Unification Church squabbling. Adds a touch of whimsy to geopolitics that's been sorely lacking in recent years
it's entirely believable to me that the underlying politics are confused factional contretemps between Red-baiting liberals and entirely guaranteed that they would never be reported in that language
in contrast, imagine the frantic Red-ology "explainers" if some disgruntled kid of a former member of Mao Zedong Communist Party of China had shot Hu Jintao, then told the police he thought the guy was a secret supporter
if you want your kid to grow up to lead a country and then die of a gunshot wound, a fair first step might be to name them "abe"
i spent the whole last week hoping a naive reporter would stumble across the correct name order & pronounce the family name like the english nickname
Ganbatte on your quests in worlds other than this, Abe-san!

zhaoyao posted:

i spent the whole last week hoping a naive reporter would stumble across the correct name order & pronounce the family name like the english nickname

once again, a rhizzone poster has beaten the press to the real content

i either got banned from twitter for making a joke about this or for posting an accurate fertilizer bomb recipe. good hunting japan