Yoon Suk-yeol is elected as hecking puppet president of United $naKKKe$ puppet government in occupied south of Corea & he has a lot of exciting new policies

They got:

● Preemptive attack on DPRK
● Elimination of food safety standards
● 120-hour work week
● No minimum wage
● End oppression of men by women (19% women in puppet government's fake legislature)
● Love the United $naKKKe$ flag, kiss this flag and lick it
● Join the army
● Eat the gun
● Die in awful pain
● president face NFT

does the 120hr workweek include a day off. i would find it personally preferable to do 6 20hr workdays with a rest day instead of 7 18hr workdays even if there are a few unpaid 15min breaks provided that way
i'll be sure to ask this guy when i see him in Hell
i miss nmp3s :(
Welcome to Hell Joseon.

Kim jong un it's time to roll over on them (he's fat)

cars posted:

*sonic boom as bhpn reenters forum stratosphere at mach 2*

gay_swimmer posted:

Kim jong un it's time to roll over on them (he's fat)

not anymore, which is ominous for several reasons

i don't mind no minimum wage but would request compensation in the form of cigarettes on the condition that im allowed to smoke them on the factory floor while applying defroster decals to car windshields

karphead posted:

i miss nmp3s :(

Yoon probably won't accomplish anything major except abolish the ministry of gender equality and family

https://english.hani.co.kr/arti/english_edition/e_national/1034803.html

Everything else will probably be blocked by the opposition majority in parliament, the bitter division in the conservatives between the Park faction, the Yoon faction, and the Ahn Cheol-soo faction (who pushed Yoon over the edge at the last minute and gets to play kingmaker for a bit), and the fact that Yoon was elected mostly as a protest against problems that will get worse.

I was annoyed at the time but I'm over it. Also the election was close only because a bunch of young women voted for Lee at the last second over Sim Sang-jung. Therefore no one dares to blame Sim for the loss and all those women got burnt and probably won't sell out for the "lesser evil" again. Obviously the justice party is a lot less cool than its predecessor the United Progressive Party that got banned for pro-North conspiracy but at least that's their antecedent rather than Americans trying to work reform the party of slaveowners from within.

Still, I don't anticipate another candlelight revolution, South Korean society will instead become more atomized, acrimonious, and "post-political," i.e. more like Japan. Also Yoon may be more of the same but the spread of reaction in society will have a chilling effect on the working class

http://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20220303000929

“We offer a sincere apology for the inconvenience and trouble caused. We promise to make up for that with improved services,” the union and the management said in a joint statement Thursday.

https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2022/03/12/labo-m12.html

Scroll down to "South Korea: CJ Logistics workers’ union ends strike without resolution"

Also for those following, Coupang is sinking fast

https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/tech/2022/03/129_325405.html

Coupang has decided to change its refund policy, which lets customers return any product they bought within 30 days of purchase without any conditions. The e-commerce giant said Sunday it expects the new measure will weed out troublesome customers and reduce snowballing losses as a result.

https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/biz/2022/03/126_325504.html

Not only has the stock been declining after peaking at $69 when it went public on March 11 last year, it has lost more than 37 percent of its value this month alone. And last Thursday, the share price dropped by 16.56 percent, followed by another fall of 8.03 percent on Friday.

On top of other reasons such as the recent fall in IT shares and growing uncertainties, a key investor's block trade deal was attributed as the main cause of the stock's plunge last week. According to a filing with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, SoftBank Group's Vision Fund sold over $1 billion worth of Coupang stocks ― 50 million shares ― at $20.87 a share to cause the plunge in the price late last week.

Coupang is like Amazon: a parasite on already existing infrastructure that will only leave destruction and literal death in its wake. Also it is beholden to the whims of Japanese imperialism which will surely use the events in Ukraine to bolster its relative strength in inter-imperialist competition.

I'm mostly curious about Yoon as the ROK carrier of the "anti-corruption" mantle into top office and how far the weaponizing of that will go compared to other countries recently, in this case in context of the low-key after-the-fact warring with NIS over the 2020 elections, and of course the impeachment before that and the long history behind it. I am ready to be surprised I guess I'd say. There has been a lot of noise recently about the attempt by liberals worldwide to re-forge a sort of horseshoe-theory, left-right chimera of evil "populism" in the popular imagination, but not as much focus on the strategy of the national-bourgeois element it conceals. Or at least not focus in good faith, actually trying to read it instead of pigeonhole and condemn it, which is why it seems interesting.

In large part it's been the most recent parading of what is really the eternal Judas goat of "corruption" as the sort of thing that every rising star, of any political stripe, can present as their enemy with widely varying degrees of sincerity. Every country (certainly ROK) has its own recent history to tap, of course. Its latest common use seems to be a gun to the head of a parliamentary consensus by one of its participants, as opposed to e.g. its use in Central African politics as a slogan to promote politics by other means.

In Brazil the implementation of this latest wave of so-called "anti-corruption" politics has been active and obvious, for instance. In Ukraine, the West cozied up to Azov in part to use those politics as the sword of Damocles: Azov's #1 domestic policy proposal is the death penalty for "corruption" using state funds, again, not something they'd ever be allowed to implement through dominance of party politics in Kiev, but rather an implied gun to the head as the 2019/2020 successor government continued to sign over the country through loan agreements. In the United States, it's been almost completely empty rhetoric—not that corruption is really the target in any of these cases; rather that "draining the swamp" never even became a show of partisan force during Trump's administration, with no substantial attempts to prosecute Clinton over the 2016 election, etc., really so little activity that the vacuum allowed a chiliastic cult to flourish that claimed to prove through numerology the secret existence of the absent policies.

So I'm curious how this will manifest in ROK this time around in a country with a fairly uninterrupted focus on the concept, whether it will really be aggressive harassment of the Democratic Party or more inter-GNP/PPP churn or what. This is no more substantial than the strategy adopted by one part of the bourgeoisie against another, but again, I think the apparently deliberate dissuading of interest in the topic by that other part merits interest.
South Korea is somewhat unique that nearly all former presidents have gone to prison but the system doesn't change. Not sure why anyone would want to be president when you're guaranteed to go to prison, I guess being head of a chaebol isn't much better since the head of Samsung went to prison also. Moon tried to break the cycle by pardoning both Park Geun-hye and Lee Jae-yong basically because they were "too big to fail," instead the end result was an even greater emphasis on "anti-corruption" targeted at one's enemies and an attempted judicial coup in the Brazilian style. The only thing Moon got out of it is he probably won't be personally arrested and the ruling party will go after Lee Jae-myung instead and any vestige of the Democratic party as outside the system is gone.

But this is also a strength of the system, unlike Brazil or Italy where the system was burned down in order to implement neoliberal fascism presidents going to jail and chaebol bribing everyone is just business as usual, this wasn't a shock to anyone and South Korean fascists don't particularly care about Yoon and his prosecutions. It's so normal that Roh Moo-hyun committing suicide over a corruption investigation actually helped his image and allowed Moon Jae-in, his protege, to win since it showed he actually cared and it wasn't just business as usual.

It's possible Yoon represents something more, for the first time the mass of people see the whole system as corrupt and all of the institutions as culpable regardless of ideology or even if it's true. It's also true that anti-China xenophobia has grown so rapidly it's become a defining characteristic of the nation which provides a material and ideological basis for genuine fascism. But ironically the system itself has normalized corruption too well to be so easily undermined. The system came very close to top down fascism

www.upi.com/amp/Top_News/World-News/2018/07/06/South-Korean-military-planned-crackdown-on-Park-protesters/6941530861760/

Once it was decided behind the scenes it was not worth defending the Park family and destroying the system I assume it will continue for a while longer. Taiwan is the one I really think a grassroots fascism will link up with the DPP in power and there will be no leftist alternative, what Hong Kong would have been if it had political independence.

https://www.degruyter.com/document/doi/10.1515/culture-2020-0123/html?lang=en

Depending on the precedent set by Russia in Ukraine, the PRC may find that the easiest means to save its economic trajectory (and the inter-bourgeois compromise supported by it) is through absorbing Taiwanese technology and the only means to do that is war. Of course the US and Taiwanese fascists will provoke the situation as much as possible but as the Russian example shows, inter-imperialist conflict is not driven by a calculation of rational self-interest by leaders but the inner logic of capitalist crisis within long term shifts in hegemony and opportunities of particular moments to make a quantitative shift qualitative.
oh, so he's basically their version of drumf. makes sense now.
https://english.hani.co.kr/arti/english_edition/e_national/1035663.html

Yoon fends off allegations of shamanic motives for relocating presidential office

https://english.hani.co.kr/arti/english_edition/e_national/1013803.html

After Yoon Seok-youl was seen with the symbol for “king” written on his hand during a televised debate, in-fighting among the People Power Party candidates has focused on shamanic talismans and name-changes

https://archive.ph/UN1md

A dharma master, a venerable teacher, talismans. A presidential candidate captivates the nation with his apparent interest in the supernatural.

Dunno how the fascist elite became obsessed with shamanism but it is bizarre. This has nothing to do with what normal Korean people believe, it's just the decadence of a dying ruling class like the Tsar's family or Modi's mystical fascism. It would be funny if it hadn't already happened with Choi Soon-sil, meaning it's here to stay.

The plastic-shaman stuff seems like key figures trying to satisfy some sort of niche constituency within their own power structure. The Yoon hand thing was pretty clearly there to be seen and then provided with a non-denial denial. I suppose that sort of effort is self-sustaining, though, like Scientology became in Hollywood. Once it catches on with enough of the right people, it's useful for you to be seen as one of them or at least as friendly to them.
Isn't this the usual case of the ruling class placing themselves as a race apart from the rest of the people, like Poland's ruling elite believing they were Assassin's Creed Ancient Scythians ruling
over the Slavic Peasant Stock (Elves vs Dwarves, Dungeons and Dragons 1e edition)