its been brought to my attention that the satire of Robocop is too complex for some, perhaps even a number or many, so please do not actually buy a subscription to Newsweek for A Dollar

cars posted:

beyond the creepy self-rationalizing parts, the story almost makes me think some top-flight drone from one of the agencies has convinced the Biden administration that they can make Russia invade just by repeating over and over in the press that Russia will invade. this doesn't seem so much like a psyops strategy as it does magical thinking sold by means of PowerPoint.

its called manifesting, i remember it being popular a few years ago among people with eating disorders, so it doesnt surprise me that it has now become us military strategy

cars posted:

this doesn't seem so much like a psyops strategy as it does magical thinking sold by means of PowerPoint.

it's both

cars posted:

beyond the creepy self-rationalizing parts, the story almost makes me think some top-flight drone from one of the agencies has convinced the Biden administration that they can make Russia invade just by repeating over and over in the press that Russia will invade. this doesn't seem so much like a psyops strategy as it does magical thinking sold by means of PowerPoint.

i thought the point of "discovering" a planned Russian false flag operation was so that NATO could attack the Donbas region or Crimea, point back to their claim and by the time the truth is revealed no one cares anymore. i mean isn't the overall goal to turn Ukraine into a new Afghanistan-like conflict?

Why turn Ukraine into Afghanistan when Ukraine is already Ukraine?

chickeon posted:

cars posted:

this doesn't seem so much like a psyops strategy as it does magical thinking sold by means of PowerPoint.

it's both

I guess i mean it doesn't seem like a psyops strategy that has any chance of succeeding. like i can't imagine Russia's top brass are sitting there worrying "Well, if we don't invade now, then the CIA will have done all that work for nothing." It seems really shaky, the idea that they could possibly influence Moscow's policy either way with this stuff in the press, because all the Russian government really has to do is... continue not to do what they weren't planning on doing anyway.

as far as other possible reasons for this propaganda push, I feel it might also be what a lot of more skeptical policy experts are saying, that certain people at the CIA, DoD, etc., realized that with the fuzzy brain of the guy at the top and the apparent infighting between executive agencies over e.g. the COVID lab-leak hoax, they can score some brownie points for themselves by claiming that Russia was definitely going to invade Ukraine this last weekend, but their telepathic mind-war prevented it. I don't think a lot of people would really believe that even in Washington, but Biden might.

Synergy posted:

i mean isn't the overall goal to turn Ukraine into a new Afghanistan-like conflict?

what does that even mean

Synergy posted:

I think the US has no strategy for Ukraine other than causing chaos and mayhem. Then you can debt trap and shock doctrine their remaining assets at fire sale prices

this looks bad
*boris johnson pushing down a comedy TNT plunger to blow up an orphanage, smash cut to the BBC ops room, man with hair looking serious staring into camera* "a classic slavic disinfomatzia-style false flag"

blastoise posted:

I think the US has no strategy for Ukraine other than causing chaos and mayhem. Then you can debt trap and shock doctrine their remaining assets at fire sale prices

i think this stuff is interesting, and probably a nice knock-on effect for the Western bourgeoisie, but afaik Kiev’s current government was already all-in on continuing and expanding many-strings-attached loans from the West, regardless of their reduced belligerence toward Moscow in public statements compared to their predecessors. The damage to the economy caused by NATO fear-mongering and the flight of NATO-friendly corporate leadership likely sped up the process of subjugating Kiev to the European debt machine, but i’m not sure just a mild acceleration of all that would have prompted all this fuss by itself. Still, the effect is an awfully convenient one for the Western banks and investors currently working to buy as much of Ukraine as they legally can, that is, more and more each month.

an ominous lack of invasion
CNN has decided that Russia invaded Ukraine at some point over the last few days and is reporting that Putin will be allowed by AmeriKKKa to attend a summit, as long as he doesn't invade Ukraine even a little bit more
2022 supercut of TV anchors reporting Russia has "surrounded" Ukraine with random numbers of "sides" on which Ukraine is now "surrounded"

zhaoyao posted:

Jan. 25, 2022 16:20:58
today they were describing how ominous it is that russia hasn't invaded yet.

a month ago it was impossible to understand just how ominous this anticipated invasion could become. the probability of this event occurring is now more likely then any other hypothetical event on record

“We’re talking about the potential for war in Europe,” U.S. Vice President Kamala Harris said earlier Sunday at a security conference in Munich, Germany, that saw urgent consultations among world leaders on the crisis. “It’s been over 70 years, and through those 70 years ... there has been peace and security.”

this whole situation has been engineered by the cia to verify the accuracy of their domestic mass surveillance personality profiling and political pigeonholing system, by inducing the heads of suspected dissidents and fifth columnists to explode. interns assigned to hospitals and morgues checking names off they clipboard list

CNN has started doing that thing where they insist in the headline that the headline is a big deal because otherwise no one could possibly think that. the same desperate sweating-bullets headline style Fox News always does for a few weeks after a Democrat becomes HHIC & they're trying frantically to figure out which nascent scandal their ham-like ultra-divorced audience can grasp just by glancing at the biggest text on their screens

it's a given that CNN is a mouthpiece for empire. But this also feels a little like when the Democrats 180'd on the COVID lab leak hoax after CNN had spent two years shoring up their dwindling Democrat audience by telling them that anyone who promoted that hoax was an insane Asian hater trump man. Like you saw that last article i posted about instrumentalizing the press and how pathetic it was for them. A lot of CNN and co. nervously looking back over their shoulders in the middle paragraphs of their stories saying Come on guys at least fake some evidence so we can lean on that, just do the bare minimum please. Do some yellow cake shit here we're begging you. Not because there will be consequences for them, but because the people who write for something like CNN in 2022 want desperately to believe they're big shots in Washington whose love must be earned.

colddays posted:

Why turn Ukraine into Afghanistan when Ukraine is already Ukraine?

because the US needs a new conflict to keep the war machine going and having another proxy war right next to Russia is ideal for them. you don't fund and train a bunch of nazis with the purpose of creating a peaceful solution. with Putin recognizing the breakaway republics, we'll see how Ukraine/NATO reacts

my solution to the escalating tension between nato and russia: bring together Putin and Biden to a conference led by Ari Gold from Entourage so he can tell them, "Let's hug it out, bitch!"
How long will it take to capture Kiev? 2 days
Will Zelensky be killed? Yes
Total Ukrainian civillian casualties: 500 dead
Total military casualties Ukraine: 3000 dead
Total military casualties Russia: 15 dead
Will the Ukrainian army regulars hold the lines? No
Will the National Guard fight to the end? No
Will chem/bio weapons be used on invading troops?: Yes
Will Zelensky launch attacks on the Tatars? Yes
Will Zelensky launch attacks on Belarus? No
-If yes; will Belarus retaliate harshly? Yes
Will Zelensky sacrifice Kiev (gas/nuke it)? No
Will the Tatars make a grab for independence? Yes
Will Poland do anything silly like try for land? Yes
Will Zelensky burn the wheat fields? Yes
How long will the Russia be occupying Ukraine? ~15 years
Will the Ukrainian war catalyze increased terrorism in Russia?No
In the long run, will this war be good or bad for the world? Good

Lol
BREAKING
idgi.. that baby was born 12 hrs apart
NATO members agree to light up various landmarks with the ukranian flag in a comprehensive package of measures
special military operation in donbass has begun, including explosions in kharkov, kiev, mariupol, other cities? I wonder what news I'll wake up to tomorrow.
welp
welp げ衣位

welp (げ衣位)

【welp】

山乇ㄥ卩

山ヨし尸

W乇レア

↓ᵐᵒʳᵉ ᵗᵉˣᵗ ᶠᵒⁿᵗˢ↓

𝔴𝔢𝔩𝔭

𝖜𝖊𝖑𝖕

✋♖ ωεLρ 🎁👊

𝔀𝓮𝓵𝓹

𝓌𝑒𝓁𝓅

𝕨𝕖𝕝𝕡

welp

🍰 🎀 𝓌𝑒𝓁𝓅 🎀 🍰

ᴡᴇʟᴘ

dlǝʍ

w⃣   e⃣   l⃣   p⃣

w⃞    e⃞    l⃞    p⃞

🅆🄴🄻🄿

q|ɘw

ẁ̸̨̞̠̤̜̩̹͚̖͂́̊̆̆̇͐͝͝e̵̝̰̬͗͌͐͒͠͝ḷ̴̀̀p̵͚̘̱̈́́͋͒̏͗̕̕

🆆🅴🅻🅿

wₑₗₚ

ʷᵉˡᵖ

ⓦⓔⓛⓟ

ฬєɭק

ɯҽʅρ

աɛʟք

ᏇᏋᏝᎮ

ῳɛƖ℘

ຟēlp

𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐩

𝘸𝘦𝘭𝘱

𝙬𝙚𝙡𝙥

𝚠𝚎𝚕𝚙

ЩΣᄂP

ωєℓρ

wêlþ

₩ɆⱠ₱

【w】【e】【l】【p】

『w』『e』『l』『p』

≋w≋e≋l≋p≋

░w░e░l░p░

(っ◔◡◔)っ ♥ welp ♥

˜”*°•.˜”*°• welp •°*”˜.•°*”˜

w҉e҉l҉p҉

աҽӀք

ᗯEᒪᑭ

ᘺᘿᒪᕵ

w̶e̶l̶p̶

w̴e̴l̴p̴

w̷e̷l̷p̷

w̲e̲l̲p̲

w̳e̳l̳p̳

w̾e̾l̾p̾

w♥e♥l♥p

w͎e͎l͎p͎

w͓̽e͓̽l͓̽p͓̽

Wingdings: ⬥︎♏︎●︎◻︎

✳ 🎀 𝓌𝑒𝓁𝓅 🎀 ✳

🍫 ⋆ 🍡 🎀 𝓌𝑒𝓁𝓅 🎀 🍡 ⋆ 🍫

🍡 🎀 𝓌𝑒𝓁𝓅 🎀 🍡

。 🎀 𝓌𝑒𝓁𝓅 🎀 。

🐷 🎀 𝓌𝑒𝓁𝓅 🎀 🐷

💎👺 Ŵ𝒆𝕝𝓟 🐚☟

♝♖ 𝔴𝔢Ⓛ𝓹 💝👊

🐳♜ 𝔀𝕖ℓⓟ 🎈♜

ღ(¯`◕‿◕´¯) ♫ ♪ ♫ 𝐰Ⓔ𝐥ρ ♫ ♪ ♫ (¯`◕‿◕´¯)ღ

♜♩ ฬ𝔼ℓ𝐩 💝💲

💞⛵ 𝐰𝔢𝕃ᵖ 🐤🐒

♚⛵ ŴEㄥ𝐩 ൠ♪

(¯´•._.• wε𝓵𝕡 •._.•´¯)

░▒▓█►─═ 𝐰𝔼Ĺρ ═─◄█▓▒░

🐧💛 Ŵ𝔼ˡp ♤☯

ஜ۩۞۩ஜ 山ⓔ𝓛𝓟 ஜ۩۞۩ஜ

.•°¤*(¯`★´¯)*¤° 𝕨ᗴ𝐋𝐩 °¤*(¯´★`¯)*¤°•.

♤🐣 𝔀ᵉlℙ 🐝⛵

¤ (¯´☆✭.¸_)¤ 山𝐞Ⓛⓟ ¤(_¸.✭☆´¯) ¤

♘♕ ώє𝓛ρ 🍭😎

🐧🍮 𝐖έ𝕃𝓹 ★👑

.•°¤*(¯`★´¯)*¤° 𝓌𝐞𝓛𝔭 °¤*(¯´★`¯)*¤°•.

🎅♧ 𝓦ⒺL𝓟 🐠😎

↤↤↤↤↤ 𝔀El𝓹 ↦↦↦↦↦

•°¯`•• ʷεⓁᵖ ••´¯°•

(¯`*•.¸,¤°´✿.。.:* Ŵ𝑒ᒪⓅ *.:。.✿`°¤,¸.•*´¯)

🍌 ⋆ 🍰 🎀 𝓌𝑒𝓁𝓅 🎀 🍰 ⋆ 🍌

🐏 ⋆ 🐙 🎀 𝓌𝑒𝓁𝓅 🎀 🐙 ⋆ 🐏

🍫 ⋆ 🍌 🎀 𝓌𝑒𝓁𝓅 🎀 🍌 ⋆ 🍫
I can't wait to go on holiday in Kiev, Russia's newest city
damn, manifesting works. wow
even the un secretary general was sick of the chicken little crying wolf shit, my deep sympathys

wonder if bidens conviction about the inevitability of this invasion would have been less certain if he weren't resolved to dismiss russia's diplomatic overtures about national security out of hand

UddudduddulLusulu posted:

𝔴𝔢𝔩𝔭

𝖜𝖊𝖑𝖕

Melp

back in 2014 the americans could not have dreamed obama's little gambit would pay off so spectacularly. who'd have thought it would cost russia eight years and a universally condemned major military operation to get a few thousand neo-nazis off its border?

Someone email Fredric Jameson this tweet,

In a way this feels like a bit of a graduation for Russia. From semi-periphery to a true imperialist pole in the capitalist order. Maybe not all the way, but it's a turning point from going tit-for-tat with expelling diplomats while NATO marches closer.

colddays posted:

In a way this feels like a bit of a graduation for Russia. From semi-periphery to a true imperialist pole in the capitalist order. Maybe not all the way, but it's a turning point from going tit-for-tat with expelling diplomats while NATO marches closer.

*photobook montage as music plays* a grinning bill clinton reclines on a hospital bed holding a plump, beet-red newborn as it grasps for a bottle of vodka. a small black and white photo posing before a tank, infant in arms, the sunny day marred only by a haze of smoke from the burning parliament building. another, their hands just parted as the child takes its first steps, toddling into chechnya. years later father and son adopt serious expressions as they play intently with toy soldiers they have dressed as muslims - a pant leg just in frame reminds you that china was there too. graduation day. amongst the general merriment the father, much older now, smiles too, though it is impossible to mistake the faint sadness in his eyes, and perhaps the first touch of dementia...

blastoise posted:

i really thought they wanted a proxy war but based on reactions so far you're probably right. i kind of feel bad for all the people who said with confidence that Russia wasn't going to invade, it's hard enough pushing back against western media and then this happens

tears posted:

its called manifesting, i remember it being popular a few years ago among people with eating disorders, so it doesnt surprise me that it has now become us military strategy

well well well, look who didn't think that eating disorders could change the world