solidar posted:

Sick with flu like symptoms and a negative covid test. Lets flip this thread: how do you fake a positive coronavirus to get your employer to give you sick leave?

https://www.ijidonline.com/article/S1201-9712(21)00654-8/fulltext

solidar posted:

Sick with flu like symptoms and a negative covid test. Lets flip this thread: how do you fake a positive coronavirus to get your employer to give you sick leave?

Very Carefully!

pogfan1996 posted:

https://cpp.ph/statements/protest-dutertes-fascist-and-stupid-vaccine-mandate/

Wow it seems like the goal for these Communists is for many many more people to be vaccinated and much more quickly! that one big reason capitalism is bad is because it makes people suspicious of vaccines, and Communists agree that vaccination is "a scientific way of protecting people from getting infected or suffering from severe symptoms of diseases!" rootin tootin sweet molasses, it seems these Communists know support for vaccination is Communist, and they know anything that sows distrust of vaccines is objectively anti-Communist! w o w! ! ! ! !
seems to be a common trend for anti-vaxxers to not actually read past the headline or first sentence of anything they post

cars posted:

Wow it seems like the goal for these Communists is for many many more people to be vaccinated and much more quickly! that one big reason capitalism is bad is because it makes people suspicious of vaccines, and Communists agree that vaccination is "a scientific way of protecting people from getting infected or suffering from severe symptoms of diseases!" rootin tootin sweet molasses, it seems these Communists know support for vaccination is Communist, and they know anything that sows distrust of vaccines is objectively anti-Communist! w o w! ! ! ! !

As an alternative, they could simply not allow research labs within their country to make dangerous viruses for American grifters, using a mockup of a dentist's office for a facility and scratch/dent Nike football gloves and track suits as PPE on the employees.

BYE!!!!!!

Edited by tears ()

i kinda suspect the communist party of the philippines doesn't have many research labs in their rural base areas
Is there a reason Over9000 isn't in the holding tank by now

Over9000ft posted:

cars posted:

As an alternative, they could simply not allow research labs within their country to make dangerous viruses for American grifters, using a mockup of a dentist's office for a facility and scratch/dent Nike football gloves and track suits as PPE on the employees.

WOW

i never post but i just wanted to pop in and say this thread fucking stinks. hi everyone
US/UK are implementing full let's-be-a-plague-ship doctrine, and it occurs to me that the easiest way to justify being a plague ship to the people onboard is to be an effective one. It's to export en masse your disease, so with every passive-aggressive infection of others elsewhere by your inaction, every outbreak everyone else around the world has to address, you can say to the people on your ship, "see, there's no containing it, you have to let the free market decide"

icon posted:

i never post but i just wanted to pop in and say this thread fucking stinks. hi everyone

lenochodek posted:

solidar posted:

https://www.ijidonline.com/article/S1201-9712(21)00654-8/fulltext

this was the highlight of the whole thread though - still laughing as i pipette Monster onto my lateral flow test

burritostan posted:

Is there a reason Over9000 isn't in the holding tank by now

working as a construction electrician takes a lot more time out of my day than bartending did. gomen nasai.

I think its kind of funny that for a while there the covid thread got so bad that it seemed to kill the forum
forum still doesn't smell right, no sense of taste
https://gowans.blog/2022/01/25/the-pandemic-is-done-except-for-the-burials/

ill be really interested to see how the pfizer fanboys in this thread spin gowans as "anti-vax"

Edited by pogfan1996 ()

The majority of that post argues that China's response was correct, and given that China has a higher vaccination rate than the US it's an argument against the idea of vaccination as the sole vector for controlling the pandemic while implicitly supporting their use otherwise, something I'm pretty sure none of the pfizer fanboys in question have disputed. the problem with it is that it neglects to mention that implicit fact, and that it is consequently still structured in a way that panders to the vague anti-vaccination sentiments that have festered in that space
i think we are easily caught in a false dichotomy at play in most of the articulations around this, or perhaps one could refer to it as a contradiction misunderstood to be primary. either way, it seems to be undergoing a constant intensification in various ways.

i've struggled to articulate this in my previous posts, probably with lack of sufficient clarity considering that the conversation has often been derailed or responded to as if it was about 'vaccination', 'individual rights', or even about covid or surveillance specifically.

last week du seuil published 'manifeste conspirationniste'; while anonymous, it reads similarly to works by invisible committee/agamben/etc. make of that or the title what you will, but regardless it resonated strongly for me in how departs from a situated and embodied perspective before tracing the ideological and material history of the present, without ever casting away its affective and intuitive grounding.

in our current discursive and psychological context that has become so damaged and disconnected from history, so overwhelmingly total, it was a relief to encounter an articulation that elucidates deeper roots of the current convergence. regardless of any perceived different personal positions i think the content is worthwhile unpacking for most posters here.

i haven't seen any english versions out there currently, but it seems quite readable in machine translated format. i'm not in a position to do a full review at the moment, but would be interested in sharing any efforts to engage with the text critically/productively.

Edited by Gssh ()

pogfan1996 posted:

pfizer fanboys

lmao shut the fuck up already. try reading what the people you're talking about are actually writing for once.

I don't know why anyone should engage with what you're saying when you are dead set to misconstrue support for a practical measure that is beyond a measure of a doubt proven to save lives and reduce severity of illness as an alliance with pharmaceutical companies. I should go through your post history, find every mention of tofu and call you a Monsanto PR hack

gay_swimmer posted:

I think its kind of funny that for a while there the covid thread got so bad that it seemed to kill the forum

I feel compelled to post about the kkklanadian truckkker kkkonvoy protest. It is very dumb and will probably be forgotten in about a month like the yellow vest protests were.

gay_swimmer posted:

I feel compelled to post about the kkklanadian truckkker kkkonvoy protest. It is very dumb and will probably be forgotten in about a month like the yellow vest protests were.

it's a rerun of when they did the exact same thing not too long ago, and the "organizers" ran off with a shitload of donated money. this time there's more news media playing along pretending it means anything which translates into more money to run away with. the end. no moral.

gay_swimmer posted:

like the yellow vest protests

perhaps i'm not familiar enough with kkkanadian context, but it doesn't seem there is much relation? while one can rightfully critique the yellow vests for a variety of reasons, it was also quite heterodox and a site of active struggle. this resulted in some interesting approaches being developed as it unfolded. i don't think it was so much that they were forgotten, as that covid kicked in. similar to other goings on in southern europe at the time.

not sure if this has been posted before, but here's an article written by two northamerikans which perhaps is decent at making the context intelligible for those unfamiliar with the dynamics/particularities of the french/euro context.

https://www.metamute.org/editorial/articles/memes-force-%E2%80%93-lessons-yellow-vests

some of the info is probably useful to look into presently in regards to developing tactics that discourage rightwing cooptation of emergent struggles.

yellow vest stuff in canada was an opportunistic cosplay movement of libertarian and white supremacist reactionaries aping the aesthetics of something in the news to get attention. almost entirely directed by Breitbart/Rebel Media/the Kochs. considerably different and much less complex compared to what happened in europe.
Yeah sorry I did not mean to confuse it with the euro yellow vest thing which I honestly don't know anything about, but the farcical right-wing retread here.

I wish I could give any kind of unique insight about the Long Haul Putsch but when I see a bunch of hooting idiots pissing and shitting in snowbanks and drunkenly menacing min wage service workers, well, that's just a regular day in kkklanada to me
the "give me a bunch of money so that truckers can drive across the country, they couldn't possibly do the thing they're constantly doing anyways without your help lol" gofundme reached 10 million dollars before getting suspended

Black Hammer better be taking notes
the communist party of canada has a statement on the convoy that includes an electoral platform, which I thought was... cute?

https://communist-party.ca/freedom-convoy-a-dangerous-movement-for-the-working-class-but-useful-for-the-ruling-class/
they're good eggs. i went to a couple meetings, really oughta try and get more involved.
to reinforce the idea that the USA is well and truly in a post-pandemic era, and in the spirit of obama pretending to take a sip of water from Flint, i think biden should voluntarily catch covid

think of all the minds it would set at ease
there was a little antivaxxer revolt at work yesterday but it got smooshed because they some dumb ass white people
im ill, but get this, its not corona virus, is one of the other ones
Boring. I can't start a flame war about one of the other ones
to prove that covid is over biden to have a carefully selected child cough in his face in schist, missouri

colddays posted:

Boring. I can't start a flame war about one of the other ones

not with that attitude!

tl;dr = Milo Yiannopoulos refused the vaccine, got COVID, refused treatment until he took brain damage from lack of oxygen, now he falls over and knocks himself unconscious when he tries to go down stairs. DOWN stairs