I think the quiet part never mentioned about America's Troops is it is in essence positive pr that allows them to veil the abuses they also inflict. These Troops have no humanity, they're just shipped off where ever the government wants them to be and everyone claps.
we don’t seem to have a place for cursed images so this thread will do
germany is running a campaign to feed the poor in amerikkka lol
https://vm.tiktok.com/TTPdYvkuhb/
the_left.jpg

colddays posted:

Ever since I heard about it, I've been suspicious

colddays posted:

because I used a lot as a teenager and so did a lot of people in my cohort

colddays posted:

practically everyone in my age group was severely depressed.

Also the_left, according to Dinkleford Zapfitzer III, esq currently of Ft Lauderdale but who in the future plans to move to the West Bank:

Edited by Over9000ft ()

Leftists who whine about state suppression of anti-vaxxers are like Lenin supporting the Boers.
People who equate profiteering with ideology are like nothing prior to the launch of tumblr, because... how could they possibly be?

The Good: "perhaps people should read more"

The Bad: "since reading more, it seems that nothing in print could possibly be false, I am very intelligent."

The Ugly: "now that reading is solved, please consider how everything in print is about me in particular."

Over9000ft posted:

People who equate profiteering with ideology are like nothing prior to the launch of tumblr, because... how could they possibly be?

The Good: "perhaps people should read more"

The Bad: "since reading more, it seems that nothing in print could possibly be false, I am very intelligent."

The Ugly: "now that reading is solved, please consider how everything in print is about me in particular."

the blank eyes of a upenn who has yet to figure out this is true of literally every government, ever, in the history of the world
concentrating on the name "Mahboubi" as i meditate at tpaine's grave

cars posted:

I realize some people here may not know what Axios is,

iirc Tom Hanks was identified practically by name in some article about a successful and popular Hollywood actor who desperately wanted to become a CIA asset, like, Hanks had some sort of hero-worship complex about the CIA thanks to his hobby as a U.S. history buff, so he actively petitioned them to let him do work for them

This guy started his account just this month, he has over 10,000 followers and every single one of his tweets are about his tourist visit to Saudi Arabia over the last couple weeks, where he was greeted personally by a bunch of top-ranking ministers and the prince. Oh... and "Saudi" is "trending" on Twitter right now... lol
he loves being outside and travelling. if i was a prince id want to meet him too.
he's also fun loving
that green patch on the uniform says АЙДАР too fwiw
gasp, deleted

Edited by winebaby ()

So patty arquette broke the forum
I loved her on CSI CYBER where she played an expert criminal psychologist so whenever someone was lying to her and had a 'tell' the camera would like dramatically zoom in on it. Tell-vision

gay_swimmer posted:

I loved her on CSI CYBER where she played an expert criminal psychologist so whenever someone was lying to her and had a 'tell' the camera would like dramatically zoom in on it. Tell-vision

A lot of people point out that the real, measurable ratings success stories on TV continue to be episodic TV crime dramas on the big networks, just like it was 20 years previous, but even when someone's critical of those shows, they generally don't talk about the #1 message that's seared into the minds of viewers watching them night after night, which is that The Good Cops have recently developed secret telepathy techniques that uncover lies instantly and which they use for the power of truth and good. Like, Columbo used to be presented as exceptional on TV, but now the S.O.P. for cop shows is that every cop today is the real-life equivalent of Sherlock Holmes thanks to "criminology", etc.

Once you know that, you can go on YouTube or even TikTok or whatever (seriously) and immediately see how this purported anachronism is echoed completely throughout supposedly new-school media, like, millions and millions of views of short videos where some 400-pound lard-lord cracker cop rests his hands on the peak of his gigantic belly and explains how he uses Fourth Reich race science to take future gang members "off the streets" when they're 3 years old.

cars posted:

gay_swimmer posted:

A lot of people point out that the real, measurable ratings success stories on TV continue to be episodic TV crime dramas on the big networks, just like it was 20 years previous, but even when someone's critical of those shows, they generally don't talk about the #1 message that's seared into the minds of viewers watching them night after night, which is that The Good Cops have recently developed secret telepathy techniques that uncover lies instantly and which they use for the power of truth and good. Like, Columbo used to be presented as exceptional on TV, but now the S.O.P. for cop shows is that every cop today is the real-life equivalent of Sherlock Holmes thanks to "criminology", etc.

Once you know that, you can go on YouTube or even TikTok or whatever (seriously) and immediately see how this purported anachronism is echoed completely throughout supposedly new-school media, like, millions and millions of views of short videos where some 400-pound lard-lord cracker cop rests his hands on the peak of his gigantic belly and explains how he uses Fourth Reich race science to take future gang members "off the streets" when they're 3 years old.

hard agree. cops rule and can read minds.

I want to meet J Sakai because I imagine him being a really tall guy from his writing and I just want to know for sure

One funny thing about the coverage of this war on twitter is “ML twitter” getting mixed up with a bunch of Russian chauvinist accounts whose purpose is translating telegram updates and boosting White Russian revisionist history for the Anglo internet. Also

Liked by Carl zha lol.
russia would have won world war 1 if it wasn't for those dastardly bolsheviks, i mutter to myself as a i tweet another big arrow map
the last post I saw from that account was something like “People in the U.S. are excited by Ukraine because they aren’t allowed to be nationalist or jingoistic about their own country.”
I guess I support in principle being allowed to know nothing about life in the United States.
Santa KKKlaus is real...

... a real arrogant NATO-supporting bloodthirsty kkklown, that is!!
Like many reactionaries, I am impressed by their emoji game.
i wouldn't describe you as a reactionary winebaby.

winebaby posted:

gay_swimmer posted:

I want to meet J Sakai because I imagine him being a really tall guy from his writing and I just want to know for sure

i honestly cant see him as anything other than a scrappy little pintpot. a tall man would have neither his choleric spring nor his visceral understanding of systemic oppression. plus he’s Asian