came here to post this last night but was unsure if bombing ever stopped
This does not bode well for the life expectancies of certain individuals. Again, a specter has returned to haunt the halls of the White House...

dimashq posted:

the assad curse is the best meme of the 2010s

tears posted:

dimashq posted:

the assad curse is the best curse of the 2010s

agreed

may it come to pass that everyone maintaining assad curse collages will end up having to categorize the faces by decade

Flying_horse_in_saudi_arabia posted:

After feeling mild symptoms similar to those of infection with Covid-19 virus, the President met #الأسد And mrs #أسماء_الأسد Examination of the PCR and the result showed that they were infected with the virus, knowing that they are in good health and in stable condition, and they will continue their work during their home quarantine period, which will last for two or three weeks.

Global Pandemic defeated by the Assad Curse, entire world owes a debt of gratitude to the people of Syria
it is imo really unfair to the virus to act as though it called for overthrowing the government of Syria. Please think this through
in that piece he mentions the US sanctions on Iraq for the decade+ before the invasion, and it reminded me of an article Foreign Affairs ran in 1999 entitled "Sanctions of Mass Destruction." one of its authors' conclusions was that the US sanctions on Iraq during that decade caused more deaths than all the WMDs used in history up to that point
a nice overview of the last 10 years:

Synergy posted:

a nice overview of the last 10 years:

i'm not sure how the Grayzone discussing the imperialist destruction of Syria is the equivalent to farting, you'll have to enlighten me here

Synergy posted:

i'm not sure how the Grayzone discussing the imperialist destruction of Syria is the equivalent to farting, you'll have to enlighten me here

Grover Furr's prolific writing has been the only positive thing in the last 10 years

i'd say the heroic resistance from Bolivia, Nicaragua and Venezuela against the US empire in Latin America, but Grover Furr is pretty cool too.
David Lesch, Assad biographer and self-described "unofficial liasion" to Damascus many years ago, got an opinion piece published by CNN today. The article tries to get everyone used to the idea that Washington will have to negotiate with the current government in Damascus in the near future, saying that wouldn't, like, reflect poorly on Washington's last decade of failed anti-Damascus strategy or anything, you know, just like, a hard-nosed realist sort of decision that maybe has to be made by the hard-nosed realists of completely masculine and victorious Washington, to give up trying to destroy Syria and start talking with its government instead. Kind of interesting
[account deactivated]
uncle joe cracks an ice cold pabst (presidential authorization to bomb syrian territory) blue ribbon (but legitimized using exculpating reference to "iran-backed" bases or ordnance in the narrative)

Constantignoble posted:

uncle joe cracks an ice cold pabst (presidential authorization to bomb syrian territory)

i've never complimented someone on an acronym b4

and i'm not going to start now

it’s kind of funny that White House polling has determined that their press statements, and therefore all the Western press stories, are misrepresenting this as an attack on Iran instead of Syria
like, most people don’t click through headlines and will not even realize the story involves Syria at all
i am even remotely curious given CNN actually publishing that self-aggrandizing article by Lesch if this is some sort of attempted propaganda move by the White House prior to pursuing talks behind the scenes. like trying to establish a strong position with puffed up belligerence inside Syria while also really playing up the whole “Tehran’s meddling is the real problem” press-propaganda angle Washington has advanced alongside everything else. not very likely but at least possible i suppose.
in any case, strange (not homosexual) stuff
“I don’t like Mr. Assad. I’ve worked with him—tried to work with him, I should say,” Colin Powell, former secretary of state to the Bush administration, said Wednesday at the Washington Ideas Forum. “And he is a pathological liar. He’s a devil. I’d like to see him leave.”

cars posted:

Nikki Haley has no conscience. She's going to run for president of United States some day and win.

wonder if it’s this time……..

cars posted:

in more important news: this is really paying off for the U.S. in terms of post-earthquake Arab death. But it has been relatively difficult for them to pin it on Damascus in the global press, despite their best efforts. Even the hacks on Democracy Now briefly allowed a guest’s anti-sanctions messaging to slip through to their tiny demographic wedge of a domestic U.S. audience.