Acdtrux posted:

personality tests and political compass where all axis is sigma

a male where saying "fail aids" is funny and acceptable

another reason for "Sigma Male" is that it is an eventual mental necessity for the straight-guy Poster belonging to the pseudo-ethology cargo cult, because he's too scared to challenge any false axiom foundational to the pseudoscience in front of his peers. One such axiom is that the cult's adherents, perpetually insecure and fearfully impoverished of insight into themselves, have greater insight into the internal lives of women, which are somehow both easier to understand and completely alien. Per doctrine, women's minds are more accessible to the cult than their own minds, but only if the guy performs the proper rituals. Inevitably, he will need a way to Cope with how he just spent years trying & failing to meet a pseudoscientific standard defined by other straight guys, only to figure out that different people are attracted to different things, and he should have just used that time to get better at what he was already good at. "Take it easy" is the Sigma motto, for example, that's how laid back it is there.
[account deactivated]
I used to wonder why mass-media Democrat-style liberals, with all their basic-cable "SCIENCE!" shit fueled by their own Posting factories such as hosted our Brigadoon motherland, didn't just call this human-ranking stuff out as the pseudoscience it is—an ersatz pantomime of real-world ethology propped up by famously pseud smooth-brains in the popular press—and, instead, ceded most of the field to these wannabe suicides by settling on the vague "incel" label the "incels" invented themselves... which didn't really come close to the scope even of this small, interrelated family of pseudo-philosophies and cargo cults. As though civilization really could repair their members' damaged minds and save their future victims, usually themselves, by paying a pimp a couple hundred bucks on behalf of each of them. Which was the whole unconscious goal of the association of cargo-cult ethology with that particular cramped next-door neighbor, the "incel" thing: to convince the world to muster the pity needed to suck AND fuck. It seemed to me like left-liberals would feel compelled just to Mythbusters that shit away when they were talking to each other about the topic.

Later, I came to recognize that the left-liberal, science-illiterate, "Science Rules!" ideological trend has followed a specific and familiar path. It's made left-liberals into Psychology Today-style cultists of the flashiest, trashiest brand of faux-significance pseudoscience today: neurology. A couple articles here started me looking at terribly-written pop-science news down through the years, keeping an eye out for a particular type of garbage science. And I found it, over and over and over. Every year and a half or so, for decades at this point, two poorly-supported ideas have made the rounds:

1) Republicans and Democrats (Conservatives and Labour, etc.) have been Proven to have different brains—that both sides always love these stories and think they prove the other side wrong should raise questions it never does;

2) Political divisions are caused by a hard-wired human trait of "tribalism"... except for the politics of those who know the word "tribalism", awareness of which bestows perfect transcendent clarity—as this site's front page has explored, the usual corollary up till now has been (2a) Muslims can't learn that word, though that anathema looks to be rapidly expanding.

So: it's not that your average left-leaning liberal has a simple blind spot for the contemporary crude-Spencerite mindset, the sort that cribs zoological terms to try, and fail, to describe the complex structures and superstructures of human civilization... ecumenical processes that, if so easily predicted on the individual level, would have led to Jane Goodall installing herself as Empress of Earth. It's that the left-liberals' understanding of "science" has developed in the same way, along the same path, as that belonging to those they group together as "incels".

Not a similar path, the same path: surplus-repressed; insecure; lacking insight; too surplus-repressed and insecure to seek that insight in earnest; eager to hear that the power to predict opaque social relations can be gained by reading a single chapter of a mass-market paperback, that it's all idiot grade-school bio, really, and if the people who realized that (you) were in charge, Western society would repair itself; and on down the line... until both sides reach the pettiest of petty-bourgeois thinking, guaranteed to blind each group from the presence of the other in the same room, the specific bourgeois-science cargo cult of ultra-reductive, pop-science, conveniently value-adherent behaviorism. Even though evolution, by definition, doesn't "like" anyone in a way that any human individual, even one in charge of a global artificial-selection program, could ever hope to emulate... well, evolution still likes this person more than that person... somehow... and so should you.

Don't believe me? Read Jon Ronson, left-liberal-pseud-extraordinaire, on his envy of "psychopaths" some time. He sounds so deluded himself in the face of the evidence in front of him, he might as well have called his book Based And Blackpilled.

Meanwhile, the people at the top are neither "alpha" nor "psychopath", since in the present day, neither term, applied to any human on the face of the earth, has a definition beyond pseudoscience (it's genuinely Funny To Me how the belief otherwise among most terminally online social-fash today makes them unwitting proponents of their own brand of intersectionality.) More importantly, none of the people at the top need ever be anything to remain at the top but what they all are, that is, members of the category that names the necessary conditions in history for their existence. Which is... well, we know the word... they're the people at the top, so the pro-wrestling pageantry of bourgeois ideology is, by definition, a winner for them as a class, even as it propels their own behavior.

sigma balls
i just assumed the sigma thing was a parody invented by the sort of meme pages where i first encountered posts clearly mocking the concept. then i remembered flat earth stuff and that it doesn't matter if it did start as a joke
ligma males

Flying_horse_in_saudi_arabia posted:

i just assumed the sigma thing was a parody invented by the sort of meme pages where i first encountered posts clearly mocking the concept. then i remembered flat earth stuff and that it doesn't matter if it did start as a joke

yeah like. one of the things that got me paying attention was looking at Bernard Brother social fash guys, back in the time when they thought he was actually gonna be president, who were like LOL I'm Irony Man Who Talks About This Stuff Like I Think It's Real, I Can Talk Just Like That, and they thought they were all gonna make a living as comedy podcasters or something. And i said, yeah they're ironic about it like any young petit-bourgeois man who's pissed off he wasn't assigned a mortgage when he graduated from college, that is, not very. And then it took like a couple years after their favorite United $naKKKe$ Senator lost again for all of them to become "post-left", that is, they now all think that if they just straight up talk like KKK they are all gonna make a living as comedy podcasters or something and they're not even pretending to be Ironic about that, which is at least more honest to themselves if 10 times more pathetic to everyone else, including the KKK. So imo fully expect that machine to become even more streamlined and well-oiled from now on.

That's probably the bleakly-funniest part of both 1) the people frothing that ironic comedy always leads to faithful belief in what's mocked and 2) the sputtering in defense of that comedy that says absurd ahistorical anti-empirical things such as "fascists never deploy irony in rhetoric" (it is not exactly hard to find pre-WWII fascist/Nazi propaganda online and actually read it before you talk about it) or "ironic beliefs never lead to sincere ones" (have the people who say that ever met a human being, like, including in a mirror...?) The topic has been more than adequately covered and no one "on the left" should have been able to miss it, because uh WWII happened.

Because... there is a rhyme and reason to this... people's irony is itself of varying levels of sincerity in the first place... people prone to becoming fascist through material conditions are... more likely to become fascist through any possible route to it... like... class character exists.
presumably someone on this very forum has done a joke about how the trot -> cia pipeline is back in podcast form

tears posted:

presumably someone on this very forum has done a joke about how the trot -> cia pipeline is back in podcast form

lately i don't really feel like making the kind of joke where you just flatly say the truth and everyone laughs

cars posted:

the bleakly-funniest part of both 1) the people frothing that ironic comedy always leads to faithful belief in what's mocked and 2) the sputtering in defense of that comedy that says absurd ahistorical anti-empirical things such as "ironic beliefs never lead to sincere ones"

sometimes, just sometimes, the truth really is somewhere in the middle......

Yeah, i guess i would put it as "the truth is usually what evidence supports" and neither group has the knowledge in their heads they'd need to understand how laughable their claims are.... they're just going with their feelings, and Ironically, that's really what Romanticism lent to fascism: the active, intentional confusion of a) fulfilling emotional experiences with b) the social privileging of emotional appeals over science, since the latter serves ideology much, much better than the former.

And hm huh wow, that's also how Twitter and all other forms of micro-blogging work, and now thanks to Western bourgeois-state funding & protection they dominate all Internet discourse. Wow huh imagine that surprise surprise shazam.
2005: Buttcoin
2021: Buttcoin

tears posted:

2005: Buttcord
2021: Buttcoin

when did you start posting on SA Themselves? i started in 2001 - twenty fucking years ago fml
How awful.
personally, I have always posted, and I just assumed the same was true for the rest of you.
yeh, but under various guises,like the disgustingly named daddyholes. i however have ibeen kraphead ail my life. surely that must count for something.
ask not for whom the helldump posts... it posts for thee

karphead posted:

when did you start posting on SA Themselves? i started in 2001 - twenty fucking years ago fml

Where the heck did I learn about SA, I don't remember. I used to post on the counter-strike.net forums in like 2000, if that gives a sense of how ancient I am

I joined whenever the dollfucker/beetface saga was going on.
tupac back tupac back. rama lama ding dong tupac back
those of you who are very astute will recognise that "veritology" does not exist in the dictionary. The reason for this is simple: I made the word up
MEAT HIKE
The whole posting world (this page of this thread, as there is no future and no past in the mind of anyone who posts) seems to be a hall of mirrors.

Other than the last two posts ITT, which are a mean jab at Chomsky. He's old and grizzled, just let him have his emails.
Leonardo DiCaprio and Jonah Hill were in a movie together, and DiCaprio kept bothering Hill about watching the popular Star Wars TV show until Hill agreed to watch it. Then Hill gave interviews telling everyone about it, where he said he hated the show and didn't understand a single thing that was happening on it. 47-year-old Leo sitting there super-excited as he forces angry 38-year-old Jonah to watch low-budget Star Wars is only mildly funny to imagine, but getfiscal might have posted about it, so in this way I honor the memory of the fallen.
"I used to have a rule: if it didn't happen or it couldn't happen, then I just wasn't interested, because I would lose focus."

aerdil posted:

"I used to have a rule: if it didn't happen or it couldn't happen, then I just wasn't interested, because I would lose focus."

Just a wild guess in this crazy world, but he may go through a lot of cocaine.

Someone shoudl change this forums description to not be a corny reddit joke. thankyou.
please submit a worse joke and we'll see

blinkandwheeze posted:

Someone shoudl change this forums description to not be a corny reddit joke. thankyou.

Here's the thing. You said a "wyvern is a dragon." Is it in the same family? Yes. No one's arguing that. As someone who is a 1k MMR feeder who studies dragons, I am telling you, specifically, in dota, no one calls wyverns dragons. If you want to be "specific" like you said, then you shouldn't either. They're not the same thing. If you're saying "dragon family" you're referring to the taxonomic grouping of Varanidae, which includes things from wyverns to eldwurms to drakes. So your reasoning for calling a wyvern a dragon is because random people "call the flying lizards dragons?" Let's get gyarados and charizards in there, then, too. Also, calling someone a noob or a feeder? It's not one or the other, that's not how taxonomy works. They're both. A wyvern is a wyvern and a member of the dragon family. But that's not what you said. You said a wyvern is a dragon, which is not true unless you're okay with calling all members of the dragon family dragons, which means you'd call eldwurms, drakes, and other flying lizards dragons, too. Which you said you don't. It's okay to just admit you're wrong, you know?

cars posted:

Acdtrux posted:

personality tests and political compass where all axis is sigma

"fail aids"

blinkandwheeze posted:

well i hope your happy now

Chthonic_Goat_666 posted:

Meatspace names, so inefficient *guffaws*

many are now using "rizz" to describe an attractive quality, which is short for tHE r H i z z o n E discussion forums.
god save the queen, man