cars posted:

we, tHE r H i z z o n E, must be ready to turn on him at a moment’s notice

cars posted:

we, tHE r H i z z o n E, must be ready to turn on him at a moment’s notice

I met him once and he was a farking condescending asshole but his journalism is fine. Ben Norton on the other hand is a sweet heart. I got on with Blumenthal but he had "psycho eyes" and didn't want to hear anything bad about Tulsi Gabbard...da' latest celeb left journo gossip...

update: just watched that clip lol and it tracks "my dad lived under it" such a slimy rhetorical move I hate when people do that...oh...you think the Soviet Union was good...would you say that to my GRANDPA WHO WAS OPPRESSED UNDER ITS TYRANNY fuck off yes I will, because I've talked with plenty of people who miss it terribly I R L

Edited by Parenti ()

mark ames was recently talking about how lukashenko is a "horrible tyrant" or whatever lol, time to turn against him

sovnarkoman posted:

mark ames was recently talking about how lukashenko is a "horrible tyrant" or whatever lol, time to turn against him

Lukashenko is sort of an asshole but that's obviously not why Brussels hates him.

again a thread could not handle my post so I regret posting it.

who are headlines like this even for. Agency scorekeepers? They're impenetrable
Trump wife? Counsel comma wife? Who was told what, about what thing that doesn't matter anymore to anyone but the employees of the people named. The only way anyone could make sense out of those headlines is if they already knew all information both actually and potentially contained in the article. It's my belief that the Washington "domestic politics" propaganda corps no longer has anything that could be called an "audience" outside of itself
whenever I glance at a BBC or Guardian headline saying something like "Kentish brishing hook appeals to bumbrage shire with £15 per-de-doily fee; Hurlbutt: MP Swallbyle 'rehorsed'", I give it the benefit of the doubt and think, Yeah that probably makes a lot of sense as a headline to people on that horrible little island. But it doesn't does it? None of it makes any more sense to any of them than it does to the rest of us. They just got there first, that great achievement: The Headline That Isn't For Anyone. And, I mean, of course the British got there first.
It's the same thing as "Obama Staffer Received Warning On Birth Certificate Legitimacy" headlines from Fox, but for the Occupy Democrats crowd. There's an audience of white liberals eating this stuff up faster than Trump's biggest fans consume Q-drops and CNN is happy to serve it up to them
It's not really anything like the birth-certificate thing.

Democrats couldn't believe anyone would buy that precisely because it was so direct, easy to understand and insane-sounding: "The Democrat president candidate is a secret foreigner concealed by a gigantic conspiracy."
I mean... I can tell those headlines I posted MIGHT have been "red meat" if they WEREN'T exactly what I'm talking about: if they were substantially different in construction, if you could just look at each headline and tell what the hell it were even saying, what the subject and object were, which person the pronouns "he" and "him" refer to in that second headline, and so on.

But you can't. It's so deep into Washington-speak that it's word salad. Q might be one comparison, except it's the "Q" of maybe 1,000-2,000 people, all within 100 miles of D.C., none of whom benefit from reading those headlines themselves. And I'm saying this as someone who's almost certainly posted more about Robert Mueller on this forum than any other registered user has in its entire history.

Moreover, Q actually doesn't make a lot of sense as a comparison either, because this headline is in tentative, calm, CNN-speak headline-ese. It's confidently "sane" in tone and comportment. Nothing it talks about is itself outside the realm of mainstream media discussion; again, I don't even need to "understand" it (almost certainly not its purpose anyway) to tell that. It's just an impenetrable wall built out of the mainstream consensus.
[account deactivated]
Washington speak and a "sane" level-headed tone is the cut of choice for this type of liberal. The underlying message is obvious to its target audience; "Trump and his cronies are on the verge of being indicted and convicted of treason/being bad!". The narrative of our brave and honorable institutions triumphing at last over the corrupter Trump. Maybe birth certificate isn't the right comparison. This is the liberal Benghazi.

It doesn't really matter to the reader if they fully understand all the intricacies or legalities of it since that stuff is made up anyway and none of the specific threads lead anywhere in the end. There's obviously never going to be a giant shakeup in Washington or severe retribution against Trump officials based on some obscure DOJ files. The simple juxtaposition of Trump ally and the justice system is all that's necessary to satisfy their minds. Actually I think it bears a lot of similarity to Q in that way, because practically every trump voter in the country carries the fear at the basis of Q and believed to some extent that Trump was really about to sock it to the liberals, but only the exceptionally committed (or mentally ill) will go to the trouble to decode all the meaningless and fabricated details.
kentish corbyn variant, wife
told records seen by
bojo, anonymous General send headline
trump white house subpoena GONE WRONG [wife told] [DOJ sought]
DPRK ICBM Goes Awry, DOD, D.¢. Insiders Report Suspected Vaporization of Parasite Colony, Rosenstein May Have Known: Source
"Rhizzone Favourite" Yeonmi Park is back at it again!

https://www.foxnews.com/us/north-korean-defector-ivy-league-nuts

One of several hundred North Korean defectors settled in the United States, Park, 27, transferred to Columbia University from a South Korean university in 2016 and was deeply disturbed by what she found.

"I expected that I was paying this fortune, all this time and energy, to learn how to think. But they are forcing you to think the way they want you to think," Park said in an interview with Fox News. "I realized, wow, this is insane. I thought America was different but I saw so many similarities to what I saw in North Korea that I started worrying."

Those similarities include anti-Western sentiment, collective guilt and suffocating political correctness.

Yeonmi saw red flags immediately upon arriving at the school.

During orientation, she was scolded by a university staff member for admitting she enjoyed classic literature such as Jane Austen.

"I said ‘I love those books.’ I thought it was a good thing," recalled Park.

"Then she said, 'Did you know those writers had a colonial mindset? They were racists and bigots and are subconsciously brainwashing you.’"

She was also shocked and confused by issues surrounding gender and language, with every class asking students to announce their preferred pronouns.

"English is my third language. I learned it as an adult. I sometimes still say 'he' or 'she' by mistake and now they are going to ask me to call them 'they'? How the heck do I incorporate that into my sentences?"

"It was chaos," said Yeonmi. "It felt like the regression in civilization."

"Even North Korea is not this nuts," she admitted. "North Korea was pretty crazy, but not this crazy."

Oh there's already been a post about this on the other thread. Sorry for letting the side down
too slow bro

Whatever token support and coverage of the media and dems were willing to grant BLM and abolition movements last summer has evaporated. Law and order is back, and this time it’s cool. *uncomfortably long close up of biden staring into the sun before he puts on sunglass and flashes a befuddled grin and thumbs up towards a cop that is beating a man into an Amazon warehouse*
I think this points towards another functional use (if not predetermined goal) of 1/6: following a summer of mass uprising and protest, where some kind of vanguard was able to capture widespread support (I still laugh at the majority of amerikkkans supporting burning down a police station), an event to shift the tone was needed, everyone had to be reminded that protests are bad and cops are good. Cue up months of coverage on “what 1/6 has taught us”, memorials for the brave cops that died (in mysterious/questionable circumstances) saving AMERICA from fascism, and how only more strict policing could ever prevent this in the future.

Edited by solidar ()

Also liberals are developing a new stab-in-the-back myth for cops

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/06/24/us/police-resignations-protests-asheville.html

Various friends and relatives had stopped speaking to her because she was a cop. During a protest in June around Police Headquarters, a demonstrator lobbed an explosive charge that set her pants on fire and scorched her legs.

She said she was spit on. She was belittled. Members of the city’s gay community, an inclusive clan that had welcomed her in when she first settled in Asheville, stood near her at one event and chanted, “All gay cops are traitors,” she said.

With some new homonationalism thrown into an old American fascist mythology.

babyhueypnewton posted:

an inclusive clan that had welcomed her in when she first settled in Asheville,

liar liar

babyhueypnewton posted:

pants on fire

v disappointed to hear how mercurial and faithless this monolithic, inclusive gay clan has been, which formerly embraced this gay cop all at once, together , hundreds of arms hugging this cop. now they all spit, drenching the whole street, hocking in unison. in fact i often hear about how unreliable gays and other liberals are & how frequently they betray their benefactors, patrons, and protectors
police sketch of the incident:

babyhueypnewton posted:

Also liberals are developing a new stab-in-the-back myth for cops

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/06/24/us/police-resignations-protests-asheville.html

Various friends and relatives had stopped speaking to her because she was a cop. During a protest in June around Police Headquarters, a demonstrator lobbed an explosive charge that set her pants on fire and scorched her legs.

She said she was spit on. She was belittled. Members of the city’s gay community, an inclusive clan that had welcomed her in when she first settled in Asheville, stood near her at one event and chanted, “All gay cops are traitors,” she said.

With some new homonationalism thrown into an old American fascist mythology.

Can’t wait for this Queer Eye episode

queer eye for the pig sty

behold her incredible response lol

I think that what's most important to remember, right now, as I have been rightfully exposed as a liar who failed to vindictively crush those who held me accountable, is how woke it would be to say nice things to me
calling someone out for making fake news about iran bombing israel is drugshaming
It turns out the real iraq war victims were the friends we made along the way

sovnarkoman posted:

JFC @AP
Casting Rumsfeld as a victim of the Iraq war??! Holy hellhttps://t.co/c251DdnwVB

— Tim Dickinson (@7im) June 30, 2021

solemnly adding "Adolf Hitler" to the holocaust memorial