no text.
Chris Cillizza just wrote an article saying “Obama says UFOs are real, but also they’re not aliens” so yes this is An Op.

Seems obvious to me the goal is defense spending in a vague way but I’m curious if anyone here has specifics to suggest.
haven't read the article in question, but I assume Obama is describing the ultraterrestrial hypothesis, as explicated by John Keel and Jacques Vallée (among many others, of course) since the 1970s, whereby UFOs aren't alien in origin, but rather inhabitants of Earth from different dimensions. clearly knows his stuff
of course they're real. it's a jargon taxonomy term for object, flying, unidentified. if you're constantly glaring out at the whole globe with washington's psychotic paranoia you see plenty.

the truth of ufos has been so utterly boring and unmysterious the entire time i'm beginning to think part of the mystification about aliens is more for their own entertainment/jouissance, like if you look at the fanciful crap the brave air force computer janitors put all over their extra special boy scout merit badges, they're trying to play up an exciting image of what is just sitting at a desk all day categorizing radar blips and blurry photos of pointless crap from the Empire's total sensory overload of constant obsessive surveillance. oh and also of course, to the public, it gives a fanciful entertaining flair to accepting their passive submission to said surveillance and dominance.

NERDS

DWEEBS

HAHA ARE WE THE BADDIES? ROLL TO SAVE VS IMPERIALISM

also is it just me or do these stupid MILITARY SAYS UFOS REAL articles always seem to crop up when there's something else going on a little more newsworthy that maybe deserves actual attention. hold on you guys i know these war crimes are really upsetting and we just blocked a UN condemnation of the atrocities for the 78th time but what if nyoooorm bwoop bwoop bwoop haha like little green men how about that, huh? wild stuff!
My reactionary crank conspiracy theory dupe collegaue posited that, even if the new UFO disclosures are the prelude to a Watchmen-style false-flag alien attack, the real aliens (actual space aliens from another planet) would intervene to protect us from our corrupt leaders and defend their honour
*epically calmly* The epistemology of "UFO" could be an interesting topic for a thread, but it is not the topic of this thread.

shriekingviolet posted:

also is it just me or do these stupid MILITARY SAYS UFOS REAL articles always seem to crop up when there's something else going on a little more newsworthy that maybe deserves actual attention. hold on you guys i know these war crimes are really upsetting and we just blocked a UN condemnation of the atrocities for the 78th time but what if nyoooorm bwoop bwoop bwoop haha like little green men how about that, huh? wild stuff!

This UFO op business started up long before Netanyahu had the audio cut to the call to prayer during his speech but it's not beyond the realm of possibility that all of this was planned beforehand as an elaborate campaign to distract from what's happening now. If so, it's been ineffective, but again that doesn't rule it out. I'm not being sarcastic either, maybe it is just one story cooked up to counter another one that's completely separate and that angle didn't work, it wouldn't be the first time.

My pure-as-snow speculation otoh is, this is kind of like the recent "dangers of A.I." business. A bunch of vague nonsense is being played up to the news-addict sector of the general public, so that contractors can come in behind to set up meetings with the check-writers and say, "Oh, don't believe all that plebeian scare-story stuff, but the topic IS in the news for a reason, it's just a super-special reason that only elite genius types will understand, and you'll want to start spending on it sooner rather than later." Where in this case the peddled "real story" is a tall tale about vast and unpredicted advances in Russian and Chinese military technology that require massive spending on a select group of boondoggle projects, ones that current backers think need a hard sell to get past the Congressoids whose districts & states won't see an immediate payout from them.

The Amerikkkan mind is haunted by the thought that somewhere, somewhen, there is a sentient being not in chains

filler posted:

haven't read the article in question, but I assume Obama is describing the ultraterrestrial hypothesis, as explicated by John Keel and Jacques Vallée (among many others, of course) since the 1970s, whereby UFOs aren't alien in origin, but rather inhabitants of Earth from different dimensions. clearly knows his stuff

it's annoying that vallee went big on the handwavy interdimensional crap later because one of his earlier books suggests that ufos are of terrestrial origin and are being utilised by some unspecified group of people as a tool of social control(possibly in conjunction with contactee religions and such), which is a much cooler idea.

cars posted:

Chris Cillizza just wrote an article saying “Obama says UFOs are real, but also they’re not aliens” so yes this is An Op.

if obama said this it is absolutely little green men

the truth of ufos has been so utterly boring and unmysterious the entire time, as any marine biologist can tell you. they're just regular cuttlefish spaceships & its remarkable that credulous amerikans still fall for these pr distractions

filler posted:

The Amerikkkan mind is haunted by the thought that somewhere, somewhen, there is a sentient being not in chains

hope that alien's ok

if there is one thing former president of the united states of america barack obama would not do, it's misdirect us. please don't look behind the curtain

I don’t think I’d characterize this as statement as much of anything but purposefully stoking the flames of conspiracy. It seems to pretty carefully not say anything.

“FHHIC Obama” posted:

Well, when it when it comes to aliens, there’s some things I just can’t tell you on air. But the truth is that when I came into office, I asked, right, I was like alright, is there the lab somewhere where we’re keeping the alien specimens and space ship? And you know, they did a little bit of research and the answer was no. But what is true, and I’m actually being serious here, is that there are, there’s footage and records of objects in the skies, that we don’t know exactly what they are, we can’t explain how they moved, their trajectory. They did not have an easily explainable pattern. And so, you know I think that people still take seriously trying to investigate and figure out what that is. But I have nothing to report to you today. Unless like that, so here’s the question, Reggie might secretly be an alien, right? You remember in Men in Black? And so when he asks all these questions, he’s deflecting. Think about it.

I tend to think that this stuff is not “an op” in the sense that I don’t think it any unique or individual project to draw media attention (I’d say that the sense that these always come up when there is something else empire wants to hide is just because there is always something empire wants to hide) or to bring in some new funding in an immediate sense.

For as long as it’s existed the ufo stuff has served a bunch of purposes: cover for military experimentation (new aircraft, tech, could even make a case that some of the abduction stuff is connected to MK or other secretive human experiments), a reasoning for funding (even if no one believes in aliens the logic of “we can’t let the Russians/Chinese outspend us on this” seems to work without fail, no matter the unrealistic nature of the subject), a wasteland for anti-government sentiment (from what I’ve seen ufo theories are often tied up with rightwing defense narratives, racist beliefs, and heaps of paranoia/infighting - all pretty counter to any productive collective organizing), and a way to shitcoat any other non-official narrative theory.

The recent stuff hasn’t seemed to me to be anything more than the usual. Maybe it is a change in policy to officially admit that there are videos from the military of ufos, but that seems like it has been an open secret for as long as I’ve known of the subject. The idea that this stuff is some kind of preamble to a bluebeam/watchmen false flag thing always strikes me as unnecessary- both from the point that China/Russia seem perfectly adequate as “bad guys” in the amerikkkan imagination and that I doubt that there is actually any need for “preamble” if they could/wanted to pull off some false flag.

招瑤 posted:

the truth of ufos has been so utterly boring and unmysterious the entire time, as any marine biologist can tell you. they're just regular cuttlefish spaceships & its remarkable that credulous amerikans still fall for these pr distractions

Newly Leaked US Navy Video Shows UFO Sinking Into the Water

starting the tally early on “nothing happened, but also I actually predicted what happened and didn’t tell anyone until just now” posts
nothing happened, but also I actually predicted what happened and didn’t tell anyone until just now
they're using all this UFO stuff to cover up aliens
when the news folks start talking abt ufos flip the channel real quick, there's prob some lizardman blinking sideways or licking his eyeball on a different station
they're using all this ufo stuff to distract us so we don't notice when the mcrib is back and they can buy them all for themselves
i've been asking around-- no one even remembers the name of the tv show that the x files was created to compete w in the same time slot
I actually recommend we don't close this thread so that when people catch up to what's happening and inevitably want to discuss the topic they can post in it instead of making a new thread. My 2c.
probably the most interesting thing about Whitley Strieber's Communion, the pseudo-Bible of the heavily fed-linked United States UFO "community", is that a year before Strieber wrote his account of UFO abduction, he published a short story from the point of a view of a man swept up into a fantasy nightlife of prostitute masochism, where the main character is bound and subjected to degrading examinations and tests by mysterious figures, secured to a table and assaulted, immobilized in a confined space and tortured, and so on, to his own ever-increasing sexual arousal at others' awareness of his humiliation and helplessness. As far as I can tell that's a big W for the Strieb
the ufos and the saucer men that build and operate them are just paper tigers
[account deactivated]
doing some bellingcat research

CNN-approved. You can believe in UFOs. It's. Okay.
everywhere else people have the good sense to keep their mouths shut
zhaoyao is now thread monitor, blabbermouths better watch the FUCK out
[account deactivated]
cool thread exploring the idea that ufo contactee george adamski, who is usually assumed to be just a crank who made up stories for money, was actually being deliberately mislead into believing he'd been taken on a spaceship by the cia
hey OP, this particular psyop did indeed turn out to be 100% defense-contractor roadshow crap, where now it's turned into articles & speeches on how all the UFOs that were written about last year are secret Russian and Chinese super-planes, and the DoD needs even more no-questions-asked cash to Close The UFO Gap, more B-2 Northrop Grumman boondoggles but uh we're not actually allowed to show you the plane we're supposedly building that melts when it rains. Wow thanks OP I guess you were right. You're welcome OP but I'd rather be humble about this.
melting in the rain is a pretty cool stealth technology imho. next time u crash a top secret helicopter while shooting a sickly geezer in the face you just need to get a bucket

cars posted:

hey OP, this particular psyop did indeed turn out to be 100% defense-contractor roadshow crap, where now it's turned into articles & speeches on how all the UFOs that were written about last year are secret Russian and Chinese super-planes, and the DoD needs even more no-questions-asked cash to Close The UFO Gap

thinking of the balloon

"Affectionately"