Jenkem type beat
literally all the good parts of Elder Scrolls including the entire video game of Morrowind have proceeded from bare minimum efforts to turn a group of guys’ literal Dungeons & Dragons game into something that won’t get them sued by whoever owns the rights to Dungeons & Dragons. This includes how instead of being vegetarians, the forest hippie fairy people cut a deal with the plants and sail through history aboard the epic Meatship thatched with butter. Everything good about that series is also that dumb which is why everyone loves the picture of Kirkbride where he’s so high he has to think about CHIM instead of put on pants and go to work.

jiroemon1897 posted:

Jenkem type beat

unironically this

dizastar posted:

i wish i could find a copy of persona 3 golden thats affordable so i could play it on my ps2. i never played the persona series but want to a lot and i heard its the best one. life is suffering

there are ways to softmod a ps2 now so you might not need to spend any money at all if you're happy playing a rom

thinking about the non-zero number of people whomst Obeyed epic chuunibyou Jordan Peterson when he told them to eat a goony all-meat suicide diet because that's what elves eat in their favorite video game Oblivion
the current episode of Trillbilly Worker's Party is an interview about how much the paleo fantasy is completely unscientific horseshit, with a side of classic imperialist racism. good shit imho

cars posted:

thinking about the non-zero number of people whomst Obeyed epic chuunibyou Jordan Peterson when he told them to eat a goony all-meat suicide diet because that's what elves eat in their favorite video game Oblivion

I ate the epic chuunibyou diet because I had an d:5 amulet of the gourmand. it was delicious

cars posted:

literally all the good parts of Elder Scrolls including the entire video game of Morrowind have proceeded from bare minimum efforts to turn a group of guys’ literal Dungeons & Dragons game into something that won’t get them sued by whoever owns the rights to Dungeons & Dragons.

Actually Morrowind was conceived of because Kirkbride & co were really bored of the rpg setting they had been working with, and scrapped the summerset isles game they were drafting to make up something with a volcano and bugs in it instead

which proceeded from bare minimum efforts to turn a group of guys’ literal Dungeons & Dragons game into something that won’t get them sued by whoever owns the rights to Dungeons & Dragons, specifically over creating a society for the “dark elves” that didn’t rip off the TSR/WotC drow
again that’s a good thing because they did a good job with developing it into a setting. Like they didn’t just say oh the drow live deep underground so uh these dark elves have airships, what a twist, which is literally what the D&D people did once. Like I’m hardy saying that Morrowind was just that IP dodge, it only proceeded from it.
and I mean... Summerset is the same darn thing, in D&D it’s called Evermeet which in turn is blatantly derived from Tolkien’s Undying Lands
Videogame Thread 2021
I'll just be over here playing japanese video games like the cool idiot i am
I got into an argument about Hamas on a video game today and I got pretty heated and then the kid I was yelling at said 'you don't know what you're talking about, I just got done my last day of Hebrew school' and I got embarassed that I was arguing with a child and logged off
How dare you say hitler is bad, you don't know what you're talking about, I just graduated from hitler youth.
how dare you say experimental shoegaze noise rock is bad, you don't know what you're talking about, i just graduated from sonic youth

gay_swimmer posted:

I got into an argument about Hamas on a video game today and I got pretty heated and then the kid I was yelling at said 'you don't know what you're talking about, I just got done my last day of Hebrew school' and I got embarassed that I was arguing with a child and logged off

didn't know Blake Flayton was a gamer

oh fuck

more content to upset cars with

damoj posted:

oh fuck

Nyet vicky 2 is fine.

Populares posted:

Nyet vicky 2 is fine.

not anymore, you already bought all the dlc

There is no way in hell they're not going to make a bare bones piece of shit with shitty dlc and then abandon the game when it doesn't do well.

Populares posted:

There is no way in hell they're not going to make a bare bones piece of shit with shitty dlc and then abandon the game when it doesn't do well.

good

maybe they'll include some features in the base game on release to avoid it seeming barebones, then in subsequent updates remove those features from the base game & make them paid content
Dickholia 3.
and that's just off the top of my head!!!
[account deactivated]
do not bother playing this game "days gone." all of the most evil elements of modern gaming cranked up to the evil setting. horrible and bad. games are stupid.
[account deactivated]
I know all four of those and I'm kind of hurt you didn't ask
[account deactivated]

dizastar posted:

i started up my earthbound save i play like for a few days yearly before forgetting abt it. this time im determined to finish the game as turn rpgs are the only thing i can play one handed
if anybody has good turn based jrpgs of that same era - or just old enough, on ROM so i can play it on my laptop w no difficulties - i will write the recs down and play them all until my left hand is well

eternal filena
bahamut lagoon

tears posted:

since im going through all these dnd-style games, pathfinder:kingmaker is probably one of the worst games ever made, no wonder nerds love it.

hi tears from the past, can i interest you in a basic scaled fist monk(1)/Vivisectionist(2)/Draconic Sorcerer (Black)(1)/Dragon Disciple (4) feral-mutagen+cloak of thw inter wolf bite-trip-arcane tank build?

Ive been playing disgaea and watched a playthru of "soul nomad" for some reason
[account deactivated]
remember Daragon age inquisition where you went around and planted a reskinned roman flag on every forest and hill and village and it popped with the "your a good dog" sound and said "land/resource claimed 4 the inquisition"