ive heard that since those IP blocks have long been unused, they've been sorta informally used by some companies including alibaba for various internal networks due to the IPv4 address shortage. depending on how their networks have been configured, a lot of traffic that's been intended just for alicloud might be now redirected to the pentagon

招瑤 posted:

ive heard that since those IP blocks have long been unused, they've been sorta informally used by some companies including alibaba for various internal networks due to the IPv4 address shortage. depending on how their networks have been configured, a lot of traffic that's been intended just for alicloud might be now redirected to the pentagon

What does this mean, I don't understand it. Which IP blocks? The African ones or the ones mentioned in the article? How can you use them internally? Where do they actually physicially exist?

going back decades, the DoD has reserved entire blocks like 11.0.0.0 through 11.255.255.255-- thirteen different blocks this size. most of the addresses, while reserved, were unused so no servers or routers were advertising to the rest of the internet "this website is here at this address". you could have set up your own little network and assigned those addresses to servers just among your own organization and there'd be no conflict with any internet sites, data would go where you sent it in your network. maybe you didn't configure your gateways to only route within your network or were sloppy, it wouldn't matter previously because there's no servers out on the internet broadcasting their use of those addresses anyway. now there's outside servers telling the world to send traffic destined for say 11.1.1.139 to the pentagon instead of to one of your data centers. a lot of organizations incl big businesses and ISPs squat on IPv4 addresses like this
this happened with 1.1.1.1 as well, cloudflare got loads of data from opening their DNS server there - all the data going to this fake test IP was suddenly going to them. guess the DoD wants in on that
[account deactivated]

liceo posted:

hi e_dt

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/04/30/asia/al-qaeda-afghanistan-biden-intl-cmd/index.html

America's "war on terror" is about to enter a new phase as President Joe Biden prepares to withdraw all US forces from Afghanistan by the 20th anniversary of 9/11, but now al Qaeda claims its war with America is far from over.

In an exclusive interview with CNN conducted through intermediaries, two al Qaeda operatives tell CNN that "war against the US will be continuing on all other fronts unless they are expelled from the rest of the Islamic world."

In the past al Qaeda has rarely responded to questions, choosing instead to hide behind its own self-serving propaganda, dodging even the most distant scrutiny. It's unclear why the group has chosen to do so now.

Breaking news from U.S. Congress that the Cuban headache beam is real. Ultraman is sneaking past the embassies and whispering “HEADACHE BEAM” with a karate hand motion to do the brain damage headaches on vile rat who is also secretly alive.
Literal page called KKKonspiracy Library on Shit-Tier Maoist Web 1.0 forums: Wow a big block of DoD IP addresses could be used as a data black hole by a weird fake company with no office... seems like something creepy going on.

Most powerful legislature on Earth planet: (call in sick bc Red telepaths gave them “pee smell”)

In one incident that was investigated, Marines on a remote base in Syria developed flu-like symptoms shortly after a Russian helicopter flew over the base — raising immediate concerns that it could be one of these strange attacks. But “it was quickly traced, where they had bad food and where no one else on the base had the same symptoms,” said one former US official with knowledge of the incident.

my favorite conjecture remains that it's an unanticipated result of multiple anti-surveillance systems and jammers from different us spy agencies interfering w each other

next time i eat a bad prawn i will be sure to spend the day screaming ITS THE RUSSIANS! THE RUSSIANS!! from atop my filthy porcelain throne

Flying_horse_in_saudi_arabia posted:

next time i eat a bad prawn i will be sure to spend the day screaming ITS THE RUSSIANS! THE RUSSIANS!! from atop my filthy porcelain throne

just carnist things

tofu imitation prawn can also spoil
but like naturally the amount of time it can spend outside safe temp before going bad is way longer
its a psyop to make people think emf hypersensitivity is real
nothing spectacular here just a run of the mill us govt operation selling restricted weapons technology to apartheid south afrikkka, a financial arrangement that eventually caused the collapse of an uninvolved major industrial firm. the real punchline is that s.a. sold the cluster bomb specs they obtained from isc to iraq where they were manufactured and used against invading amerikkkan troopa in the persian gulf war

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Signal_and_Control

http://www.guyanajournal.com/guyana_1978-1980.html posted:

Mass Murder, Secret Plots and Political Assassinations in Guyana (1978-1980)
By Odeen Ishmael
Guyana Journal, October 2006
http://www.guyanajournal.com/guyana_1978-1980.html
http://www.guyana.org/features/postindependence/chapter15.html

[...]

Murder of Vincent Teekah
One of the biggest cover-ups occurred when Vincent Teekah, the Minister of Education, was killed on the night of 24 October 1979. He died of a bullet wound and it was apparent that the shot was fired at very close range. Teekah was in the company of an American dentist, Dr. Oswaldene Walker who lived in Maryland, USA, and worked at Howard University in Washington DC. She was visiting Guyana as the private dentist for Prime Minister Burnham. Around midnight on October 24 she had arrived with the already cold body of Teekah at the St Joseph’s Mercy Hospital in Teekah’s car. There he was pronounced dead on arrival.

According to Dr. Walker’s story, two men had attacked them as Teekah was showing her the sights, and he had been shot while they parked on the East Bank Demerara roadside, just south of Georgetown. After calling for help, she reported that an Indo-Guyanese man had helped her to shift the body over from the driver’s seat and he had accompanied her as she drove to the hospital. On Teekah being pronounced dead, she tried unsuccessfully to contact Prime Minister Burnham by phone. She then drove the car with the corpse to Burnham’s Vlissengen Road residence where she stayed the night.

Early the next morning, Dr. Walker was taken to the airport by Shirley Field-Ridley, wife of Minister Hamilton Green. There she was put on the flight which left for the United States.

Dr. Walker was the only known witness to the shooting, but her hasty removal from Guyana meant that she could not be questioned by the police. According to Fr. Andrew Morrison, writing in his book Justice, “the police should certainly have wanted to know how a shot fired from outside the car could have entered Teekah’s right hip and traveled horizontally across his body and how the body could have been cold on arrival at the hospital if it had been brought there in about fifteen minutes after the shooting.”

Morrison added: “Watchmen in the area where the shooting was supposed to have taken place reported that they heard two shots fired in rapid succession at about 11:30 p.m. that night, that a car had been parked in that area for some time and it started and moved off in great haste after the shots were fired. The hustling out of the country of the only reported witness and the silence of the police, apart from ruling out death by accident, drew widespread charges of yet another deliberate cover-up by the authorities.”

The police ruled out accidental death by his own gun since the bullet that killed him was not from his personal the pistol which was found on him.

love to serendipitously come across an "american dentist" from "maryland, usa"

Dr. Oswaldene Walker
i'm finding allegations that 1) walker was smashed to pieces in a suspicious car crash shortly after returning to the us and 2) did not reveal what she knew to her dying day

i have also found 1) a dentist in silver spings maryland who studied under oswaldene walker at howard u. from 1982 through 1984, and 2) a bio entry for a 81-year-old oswaldene walker currently living in the virgin islands, formerly a resident of silver springs maryland

招瑤 posted:

i'm finding allegations that 1) walker was smashed to pieces in a suspicious car crash shortly after returning to the us and 2) did not reveal what she knew to her dying day

i have also found 1) a dentist in silver spings maryland who studied under oswaldene walker at howard u. from 1982 through 1984, and 2) a bio entry for a 81-year-old oswaldene walker currently living in the virgin islands, formerly a resident of silver springs maryland

yep.

the only additional things easily available are:

Graduated Howard Univesity 1961:

https://core.ac.uk/download/pdf/234737785.pdf

Married to M. Lucius Walker (d.2013), although they were separated since 1983:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/obituaries/m-lucius-walker-jr-howard-professor-and-dean-dies-at-76/2013/07/02/00b768f0-e034-11e2-b94a-452948b95ca8_story.html posted:

M. Lucius Walker Jr., Howard professor and dean, dies at 76

M. Lucius Walker Jr., a professor emeritus of mechanical engineering and former dean of Howard University’s engineering school, died June 6 at a care center in Harwood, Md. He was 76.

The cause was lung cancer, said his son, Mark Walker.

Dr. Walker, a Silver Spring resident, taught mechanical engineering for 44 years at Howard before retiring in 2002. He served as acting dean from 1975 to 1977 and as dean from 1978 to 1995.

At Howard, he co-founded two scholastic organizations that worked to increase the number of minority students in engineering. He received a 1988 black engineer of the year award from U.S. Black Engineer and Information Technology magazine and Howard’s distinguished alumni achievement award in 2008.

M. Lucius Walker Jr. — his full name at birth — was a native Washingtonian. He graduated from Armstrong High School at 15 in 1951 and in 1957 became the Howard engineering school’s first summa cum laude graduate. He received a master’s degree in 1958 and a doctorate in 1966, both in mechanical engineering, from Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh.

Dr. Walker sat on the board of directors at Carnegie Mellon University, the Alexandria-based nonprofit group Junior Engineering Technical Society, and the Center for Naval Analyses, a military-affiliated think tank in Alexandria. His memberships included the Kappa Alpha Psi fraternity and Tau Beta Pi, an engineering honor society.

Survivors include his wife of 52 years, from whom he had been separated since 1983, Oswaldene Cocking Walker of St. Thomas, Virgin Islands; two children, Mark Walker of Marina del Rey, Calif., and Monique Walker of New Orleans; and six grandchildren.

From a Feb 1985 article on black periodontists in Ebony Magazine, vol 40 issue 4:

Listed as director for dental health services on the virgin islands, 1989:

From: Guide to public health practice: HIV and the dental community - Association of state and territorial health officials (1989)

On the board of directors of Africare in 1996:

From: Department of Energy: travel expenditures and related issues (part 2): hearings before the Subcommittee on Oversight and Investigations of the Committee on Commerce, House of Representatives (1996) https://archive.org/details/departmentofener02unit

There is a Virgin Islands medical malpractice court case of 2006 in which Oswaldene Walker was the defendant: https://app.ediscoveryassistant.com/case_law/32567-potter-v-walker

And here's a copy of a copy of an original source reporting the Guyana Oswaldene Walker story:

From: Gabriehu Aregai (2019) Dangerous Times: The Assassination of Dr. Walter Rodney

----

No idea where I'm going with this but also amazed i can just scrape all that together in an hour or so.

Edited by tears ()

tears posted:

No idea where I'm going with this but also amazed i can just scrape all that together in an hour or so.

dont sleep on the u.s. diplomatic cables from 1979 about it lol

https://wikileaks.org/plusd/cables/1979GEORGE04952_e.html

DEATH OF EDUCATION MINISTER: MURDER OR ACCIDENT?
This is a document "withdrawal card". It means the document was not declassified and released. However, some metadata is available, which you can use for your research and FOIA purposes.

https://wikileaks.org/plusd/cables/1979GEORGE04826_e.html

2. (C) RUMORS ABOUND, AS MIGHT BE EXPECTED.
SEVERAL SOURCES MAINTAIN THAT MINISTER TEEKAH WAS
ACCOMPANIED BY A WOMAN WHEN HE WAS SHOT BY ASSAILANTS
WHO APPROACHED THE CAR WHICH WAS HALTED AT A STOPLIGHT. WHILE ROBBERY MAY HAVE BEEN THE MOTIVATION
FOR THE CRIME (A USICA FSN EMPLOYEE IN AN OFFICIAL
VEHICLE HALTED AT A STOPLIGHT WAS ABDUCTED AND
ROBBED AT GUNPOINT OCTOBER 20), THERE IS A DISTINCT
POSSIBILITY THAT THE MURDER WAS POLITICALLY MOTIVATED.

https://wikileaks.org/plusd/cables/1979GEORGE04860_e.html

3. (C) COMMENT: THE "FRIEND" WHO ACCOMPANIED MINISTER
TEEKAH HAS BEEN IDENTIFIED BY RELIABLE EMBASSY SOURCES AS
A YOUNG WOMAN DENTIST OF JAMAICAN NATIONALITY, A DR. WALKER.
DR. WALKER, WHOSE IDENTITY HAS NOT BEEN RELEASED TO THE
PRESS, IS SAID TO HAVE VISITED GUYANA FREQUENTLY IN THE
RECENT PAST AND MAY BE ONE OF A TEAM OF DENTISTS WHO
RECENTLY TREATED THE PRIME MINISTER. OBVIOUSLY THE FULL
STORY OF THE MURDER HAS NOT BEEN YET DISCLOSED BY THE
AUTHORITIES. THE IMPLICATION THAT THE "ASSASSINATION"
WAS POLITICALLY INSPIRED HAS BEEN STRENGTHENED BY NEWS
STORIES THAT MINISTER OF LABOR HAMILTON GREEN'S OFFICIAL
AUTOMOBILE WAS SHOT AT OCTOBER 23 AND THE WINDSHIELD
DESTROYED ABOUT FOUR BLOCKS FROM A POLICE APPROVED
PUBLIC MEETING OF THE WORKING PEOPLE'S AWLIANCE.
(GREEN WAS NOT IN THE CAR AT THE TIME.) THERE IS
CONSIDERABLE CONCERN IN GEORGETOWN THAT VIOLENCEPRONE SUPPORTERS OF THE PNC AND PRIME MINISTER BURNHAM
MAY UNDERTAKE AN ATTACK ON WPA OR OTHER OPPOSITION
SUPPORTERS.

^^nice spot

Between the time period of 1 Jan 1989 and 31 Dec 1989, six cables were sent with the destination "Federal Bureau of Investigation". two are in January and are viewable in full. The other four are fully classified with just the dates of sending: 6th, 7th, 8th and 20th Nov, 1989

POTENTIAL FOR INCREASED USE OF ALCOHOL AS FUEL
[account deactivated]
doin some idle pondering abt how andreas baader held a gun a foot away from his own head and shot himself in the base of the skull in such a manner that the bullet exited through his forehead and became embedded in the floor

! and then the govt stole his brain ?

https://apnews.com/article/europe-science-government-and-politics-1f2aba2b9043a6bc0555c610940c2fc6 posted:

BRUSSELS (AP) — Over 400 specialized forces in Belgium intensified their search Thursday for an armed soldier who is on a federal anti-terror watch list because of his extreme right-wing sympathies but was still able to hoard heavy weapons in army barracks before disappearing this week.

As the experienced soldier evaded capture for a third day running, the Belgian government looked for clues of blunders that could have allowed the 46-year-old to gain access to an array of weapons, including four anti-tank missile launchers, despite the knowledge he was a clear threat to society.

The government, however, was under considerable pressure because of the massive security lapse.

“Someone who is on the list of state security and yet is given a key to an arsenal of weapons. Can you explain this?” lawmaker Dedecker asked.

*thinking gladioishly*

tears posted:

Serious question: does anyone have any advice for how to organise a huge pdf "library" using all the power of modern computer technology. Looking for some sort of tagging and indexing system but utter noob at the moment: its all in a messy windows folder hierarchy

edit: i basically want music tagging and a music player but for pdfs

the solution to this is basically a note-taking piece of software that uses markdown and [[links]]. the Twine of note-taking. i'm mostly using it to collect my dissertation research but turns out it works to create a super spooky web of notes+pdfs too

tears posted:

Might want to check out Zotero. I use it every day in my research in tandem with BetterBibTeX, which I'd also highly recommend if you're TeX-savvy. The browser extension lets you grab full pdfs + citations in any format with one click and you have a lot of control over indexing, annotating etc.

str_el_boi posted:

highly recommend if you're TeX-savvy

im nothing-savvy and cant even read, sorry

shriekingviolet posted:

ilmdge posted:

whats the opposite of amnesty international

it's amnesty international.

really makes you thi nk
pd187 = which one of you etc.
still no answers from tom hanks on these explosicve revelations. seems like he has gone to ground
pd187 absolutely rules
pd187 is fun to read and also politically equivalent to a DSA Brooklyn podcaster. pd187 will literally do the "Well I'm just a simple country Internet comment but I do respect the far right for jus' bein' s'gol'durn HONEST"; pd187's review of Love Witch is one of the most bland incurious dumbshit reviews I've ever read of that movie; pd187 wrote an entire essay claiming that Trump is a Thelemic magus of incredible power and genius. pd187 is fun to read though
lost highway review is good