dont you dare try to tell me that video games are NOT worse than 9/11

Edited by pogfan1996 ()

video games are much like 9/11, in that they are for children

Populares posted:

nice Italy bro.

Play through as the Habsperg empire got weird, on the upside everyone gets citizenship except for the romanians.
remembering when I compared the Romanian “Latino” movement to British Israelites and a couple nerds on here got very angry in their buttholes.
[account deactivated]
been playing skyrim a lot. its kinda dumb that enemy difficulty scales with level and not offensive capability. i maxed out sneak before i even left helgen and now i die a lot
considering what the difficulty setting does in Skyrim you could just lower that temporarily

Horselord posted:

been playing skyrim a lot. its kinda dumb that enemy difficulty scales with level and not offensive capability. i maxed out sneak before i even left helgen and now i die a lot

there's definitely some decent mods out there that fix that in varying ways. skyrim for me has always been more about spending hours and days curating an amazing list of mods, getting them to work, then playing for about 15 minutes.

almost forgot this month's tetris games

last month:

40, 35, 21, 78, 71, 25, 29, 64, 49, 63

average of 47.5

this months games:

34, 95, 53, 99, 196, 18, 55, 139, 45, 19

for an average of 75.3

verdict; i have improved
I am sick (just a rather bad cold) and have been playing Deadly Premonition 2. My illness really accentuates the punching-a-dead-pig-underwater feel of trying to do anything in this game. The writing is the bigger issue though, it's like they tried too hard to recapture the spirit of the original and so lost most of the charm. But none of this is unexpected and I am nonetheless enjoying myself
Just perfected my Skyrim mod collection that only lets me look up and down, not left or right, with the added feature of being frozen in space with my arms floating in front of me.
it turns out that Hades is fairly good, though button mashy, but could stand to be gayer
swatted by the npcs in my singleplayer game

JohnBeige posted:

it turns out that Hades is fairly good, though button mashy, but could stand to be gayer

i like it a lot. it is kinda button mashy, but the skill ceiling is still pretty high in spite of that, especially once you start turning on more and more difficulty modifiers.

after unlocking all the weapons, i just focused on doing shield runs and upping the difficulty over and over. after i got the heat 32 unlock i put the game down for a while, but i'll probably pick a new weapon to focus on and start playing again sometime.

if you there are any other roguelikes you'd suggest checking out, let me know. i'm still a noob to the genre

JohnBeige posted:

i hear so many good things about it but (a) i am not sold on the concept of roguelike/lites in general and (b) i am put off by the idea of a game being horny at all, regardless of the flavour of horniness (and by most accounts this one admirably attempts to cater to all tastes)

radical_dave posted:

if you there are any other roguelikes you'd suggest checking out, let me know. i'm still a noob to the genre

angband

I hate horny shit and dislike roguelikes of almost any description, but Hades is really great to me
Interesting.

radical_dave posted:

JohnBeige posted:

i like it a lot. it is kinda button mashy, but the skill ceiling is still pretty high in spite of that, especially once you start turning on more and more difficulty modifiers.

after unlocking all the weapons, i just focused on doing shield runs and upping the difficulty over and over. after i got the heat 32 unlock i put the game down for a while, but i'll probably pick a new weapon to focus on and start playing again sometime.

Factorio

Been obsessively playing Out of the Park Baseball, trying to design the ideal DPR Korean baseball league, repeatedly deleting my save and starting over to tweak financial settings to ensure the league is as equitable as possible while also ensuring that all players are paid a fair wage and not subject to the contract manipulation common to the Amerikkkan "Major" League$$.

I also tweaked the player creation rates so that international free agents (who, in the normal game, enter from $outh Korea, Japan, occupied Puerto Rico, defect from Cuba etc) enter the league from China, Russia, Vietnam, Cuba, Germany and Albania. International prospects come out of Laos, Cambodia, Mongolia, Congo, Angola, Gambia, Botswana etc
I'm a big boy. and I want a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig video game!
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Have you tried Factorio? Great game
Yes factorio is good.
i am playing the citizen kane of video games, half life 2, i am at the beach buggy segment
The new impasse I've reached in my DPRK baseball game is that I'm not sure what the juche stance on free agency would be. What is really radical in sports labour politics?
ask DPRK about it, online
the Twitch algorithm recommended this stream to me

a mod posted settlers in the chat which was cool

the guest Andray Domise had some interesting things to say about movement building, worth a watch imo
links to “Twitch streams” posted on this site should be automatically replaced with goatse

cars posted:

links to “Twitch streams” posted on this site should be automatically replaced with goatse

I disagree… despite all the bad stuff you hear about Twitch, there’s some really valuable content on there, like this bi-monthly stream from Raipur, Chhattisgarh, India (technically from a forest outside the city) by a journalist covering the people’s war in India:https://www.twitch.tv/naxalite_. Apparently they even mentioned the Rhizzone a few times.

please be patient with us decrepit ancients on this web forum, moving pictures with sound are just too stimulating for we who honed our posting arts on the comforting stability of plain text alone
they say tpaine would still be here if it wasn't for all the rap youtubes

shriekingviolet posted:

please be patient with us decrepit ancients on this web forum, moving pictures with sound are just too stimulating for we who honed our posting arts on the comforting stability of plain text alone

Videos are good and "Twitch streams" are bad.

cars posted:

if someone is talking about cool naxalite news on a terrible hellsite i will not click on it, but i will not begrudge it either. this is the path of harmony.

str_el_boi posted:

I disagree… despite all the bad stuff you hear about Twitch, there’s some really valuable content on there, like this bi-monthly stream from Raipur, Chhattisgarh, India (technically from a forest outside the city) by a journalist covering the people’s war in India:https://www.twitch.tv/naxalite_. Apparently they even mentioned the Rhizzone a few times.

whoa didnt know getfiscal is on twitch now