hey posted:

Nice.

hey posted:

A number of these accounts amplified narratives that were aligned with the Russian government, while another subset of the network focused on undermining faith in the NATO alliance and its stability.

[account deactivated]
it’s weird to see “film Twitter” complain nonstop that all anyone knows is superhero garbage, when their favorite non-irony type of post concerning people trying to learn more about cinema is, “Met someone who’s ‘into movies’ but they weren’t already an expert on my favorite director. Death to filthy plebes”... many such cases!
I guess that’s just another way of saying that they’re all Democrats
(resting my chin in one hand) hush my little cuddly bugs. hashtag writing. hashtag Commnunity

ROBOT: DO YOU WISH TO PAY SO COMPLETE STRANGERS WILL SEE THIS

me: oh yes please
thought about creating a “Meme” where you wake up and Stalin is still in power and revisionism never happened, but I’ve decided it’s adorable to watch each human being on Twitter independently discover nostalgia and I shouldn’t try to sully it. Waiting eagerly for the posts a year or two from now about how everyone lived in a two-parent household until the COVID and all the cartoons were more sexually arousing
Oh yeah, it's big brain time.
the hardest racism not to be

Good of glenn to take a break from the creeping transphobia to own the fuck out of some youtube shithead
never really respected him but must admit i am still impressed at just how stupid his recent trajectory has been, it's one of those things that makes sense and isn't surprising but i wouldn't have bet on it

e: I think there is a lesson here though from someone like Greenwald who frequented not only Tucker Carlson Joe Rogan etc, but also Chapo TrueAnon and whatever that other left twitter celebrity podcast is called, that the "left commentariat" aren't the left. organizing popular power directed at accomplishing a goal is politics. talking is just fucking talking and the more your so-called politics center entirely around it the more removed they're going to get from reality.

Edited by shriekingviolet ()

Glenn glornwald personally argued with me day after day, week after week in the comments when he wrote a regular column. every single time I would troll this man, bang, he is trolled *italian fingers* that brush with Rhizzone fame was his high water mark so please remember the good times and show him the respect he's earned which is zero units respect lol.
I honestly don't know if English-language journalism has ever sustained a person of Greenwald's fame that was anywhere near as unaware, insecure and posting-addicted as he is, he has no grasp of his status and even though it seems to come from pure unchecked compulsion and maybe amphetamines and not from anything like humility, there's a surreal, fascinating, just shy of endearing quality to someone who has spent his entire career as the lawyer paying out for his own nuisance lawsuits against his next-door neighbor over a bird feeder, where his next-door neighbor is every single person on Earth and the bird feeder is mentioning his name even once online

Flying_horse_in_saudi_arabia posted:

Good of glenn to take a break from the creeping transphobia to own the fuck out of some youtube shithead

Shit I thought Greenwald was actually defending the guy, disregard my post, lol.

[account deactivated]
are you really dying, vaush the stampede,
thinking hard, posting harder about some guy named “Vaush” on the internet
some of Canada’s bourgeois party officials have started posting about “tankies” as a “South Park inspired” riff on how Canada is not really a country

Edited by cars ()

‘We’re tradfemming the shitlibs’: Canada’s Lord Minister or whatever weighs in on ‘Vaush’ crisis
noting for the record that I had to edit a post because autocorrect confirms that “tankie” is not a real word
the 21st century has perpetrated its greatest injustice: robbing me of an irony post about Nazis taking over Kiev

cars posted:

noting for the record that I had to edit a post because autocorrect confirms that “tankie” is not a real word

critical support for autocorrect

I think "soft tankie" is a substitute for "pinko," but I don't feel represented and not just because of the "tankie" but "hard" or "soft." I'd prefer smooth, warm... words about love, which we can almost all relate to.
It didn’t even occur to me that they were talking about MAS until I read the comments. That’s a bold new level of ultra leftism

edit: on second thought using leftist concepts to defend fascists is just regular ultra leftism

Edited by pogfan1996 ()

trakfactri posted:

relationship goals

[account deactivated]