Hi everyone, my name is Jeff, I'm 38 years old, I've been a life coach for 7 years now and wanted to bring my talents to this group. A little about me, I was a software engineer and then left the rat race to pursue my own path. I did this by living frugally, saving any extra money in index funds, and investing in my local community to provide clean, well-kept apartment homes to working people.

Feel free to ask me anything about life, career, investing, love, and personal relationships.
Any advice for someone who lost their job?
Thanks Mr. Fan1996 for the question. This is a really tough time for everyone, myself included! As a professional tenant organizer, I've found that a lot of my tenants stopped paying their rent to me but the PITI (principal, interest, taxes, and insurance) sure didn't stop!

The important thing is to have a lot of irons in the fire and not be too reliant on any one particular form of income.

This is a great time to find yourself and expand what you're doing. There's opportunities all over the place, so sometimes you need to roll up your sleeves and go bird-dogging.

Edited by LifeCoachJeff ()

hi jeff, i'm thinking of getting into protracted peoples war(PPW) as a career, but i'm not quite sure where to start! got any tips?
Hi Lo! Starting on a new career can always be intimidating, there is a lot of information out there and it can be overwhelming. I know when I first went into being a SWE, I thought it would be something I would commit my life to since it is one of the best ways to make an impact on the everyday lives of people. After awhile, I got burnt out by the lifestyle and decided to break out of the golden handcuffs from my six figure salary.

Reflecting back, I learned the most from jumping in and doing the work. Yeah, there were times that I messed up, but diving in and learning from your mistakes is key. It's also important during these critical life shifts like a new career to really optimize your life and rebuild it around quickly attaining mastery in your chosen field.

I really like Simon Sinek's "Start with Why", you have to understand your Why and connect that to your practice. A Chinese philosopher was quoted in that book saying, "man's social practice alone is the criterion of the truth of his knowledge of the external world", so to really know something you have to go out and do, not be stuck watching youtube videos on how to do it.

If you're looking for tips on a protracted war, I could give you the number for my ex-wife's lawyer, that guy knew how to drag something out!
[account deactivated]
Hi dizastar! Determining the nature of something is always a tough thing to do, but there's a few tips and tricks that I've found to be helpful. Whether I'm looking for new tenants or a new romantic interest, it is important to make sure that I'm not letting anyone toxic into my life. When accepting their application, I have them take the Caliper Profile test so I can evaluate traits like honesty, communication style, adaptability, and coachability.

Additionally, I always ask for a set of references so I can learn more about them from friends, family, and professional acquaintances. This really allows me to leverage the results of the Caliper Profile so I know where I can hone in my questions. Importantly, asking for these simple steps also weeds out people that don't actually want love or a new apartment home, since they know I won't be taken advantage of again.

[account deactivated]
jeff what do you think are the most meaningful tasks for communists living in amerikkka

liceo posted:

you remind me of my last landlord. he looks like this

...is he looking to fill any vacancies?

How do I get white wine stains out of my carpet after a Biden celebratory brunch that got a bit rowdy.
whats the best limp bizkit album?

招瑤 posted:

jeff what do you think are the most meaningful tasks for communists living in amerikkka

A lot of my clients really want to make an impact on the world and leave a legacy. Legacy is a powerful concept because it goes beyond us as individuals to really understand our role in the universe. When we look at problems of the world, it can seem a little daunting. Where do we start? How do we deal with the problems of living in a world full of liars, cheats, promise-breakers, poverty, and unhappiness? My recommendation is to pick out one area you can really devote yourself to and understand how it works within a cohesive whole.

For example, a lot of people wish that they could live in a modestly-priced apartment home with a cool tenant organizer who clearly laid out the rules and was a very fair person to work with. Shelter is one of the most important human needs and it is extremely meaningful that I get to help them fulfill that need. Now, with anything, there are going to be setbacks because there's evil forces in the world too. There's people that don't want to uphold their promises and leave you holding the bag for a large mortgage payment so you have to draw down your portfolio just to keep the building humming along. It's important to stay grounded in the legacy you want to leave when you're going through these ups and downs.

tears posted:

whats the best limp bizkit album?

Not really a huge fan of music. The average person listens to 26 hours of music a week, over the course of a year that is 1352 hours. It takes about 10,000 hours to attain mastery of something, so in just over 7 years while you are jamming out I am cultivating inner strength. I listen mostly to inspirational interview podcasts, audiobooks, and positive affirmations that I record for myself.

How can I minimize the distracting, banal, and unmarketable feelings of love, nostalgic remembrances, existential angst, and artistic yearnings and maximize the unique aspects of my personality through social media “clickability” for things like, e.g. LinkedIn account networking exposure? In your line of work, I believe my issue is characterized as too much left brain, and not enough right brain, if my dilettante understanding of 21st century phrenological science is correct.
Here's an example of one of my affirmations, I hope this helps you create your own

https://voca.ro/1jBMc3qjjikw

LifeCoachJeff posted:

https://voca.ro/1jBMc3qjjikw

this changed my life

dimashq posted:

How can I minimize the distracting, banal, and unmarketable feelings of love, nostalgic remembrances, existential angst, and artistic yearnings and maximize the unique aspects of my personality through social media “clickability” for things like, e.g. LinkedIn account networking exposure? In your line of work, I believe my issue is characterized as too much left brain, and not enough right brain, if my dilettante understanding of 21st century phrenological science is correct.

A lot of my clients have a lot of anxiety over social media and the conflict between their work identity and their personal identity. This is a completely wrong way to look at it, rather than seeing it as a balance between different aspects of yourself, you should work to subsume all of your personal desires and feelings into your true identity. Your Gattungswesen, or species-being, is built on your relationship to your job, and trying to create an identity outside of that only leads to conflict. Rather than work-life balance, you should strive for work-life integration.

[account deactivated]
Hi Jeff, thanks for coming here and helping us out. One thing that we've all had trouble figuring out is what is really radical in gender relations. Any insights?
this is a request for life advice. you are a life advisor. in your opinion if someone can buy bitcoin then should they buy bitcoin? is it good in the most material sense possible? if it can successfully resist state actors then will we have successfully mitigated like 99.99% of shady backroom government deals that cause so many problems? can this technology very realistically push us significantly toward something closer to the star trek universe?

colddays posted:

Hi Jeff, thanks for coming here and helping us out. One thing that we've all had trouble figuring out is what is really radical in gender relations. Any insights?

Hi colddays, thanks for the question. The main problem with gender relations and relationships today is that there are unclear boundaries being set and people are afraid to spell out what each party gets out of the arrangement to create a win-win situation. My first marriage was very typical, we did the vows but we didn't have a written agreement on duties, responsibilities, and obligations of each party to the other. Naturally, a time came where we had to separate and go our separate ways.

Today, all my relationships have clear boundaries and expectations of what each party brings to the table. I like to help out local students with housing, and of course I am a man with needs. It is mutually beneficial for both sides. However, this doesn't mean that the relationship has to be short or temporary, I'll be the first to tell you that renting isn't the way to build wealth, I'm more about leasing to own.

solidar posted:

this is a request for life advice. you are a life advisor. in your opinion if someone can buy bitcoin then should they buy bitcoin? is it good in the most material sense possible? if it can successfully resist state actors then will we have successfully mitigated like 99.99% of shady backroom government deals that cause so many problems? can this technology very realistically push us significantly toward something closer to the star trek universe?

Hi solidar, thanks for the question. As a Boglehead, I believe that the way to make money isn't through speculatation, it is through investing in low-cost diversified revenue-generating assets. Bitcoin doesn't generate revenue, so I don't invest in it. I'm more of a Star Wars guy rather than Star Trek, big fan of the prequels.

What if I'm gay?
[account deactivated]
jeff what is trotskism
I’m glad the ‘zzone is finally supporting a gimmick account again, though I understand why it took so long after CommieNedFlanders burned us
Hi all, I wanted to share some mindfulness mantras. There's a lot of stressful things going on in the world (riots, Kamala Harris hasn't done a press conference in 18 days, mask mandates, tenants going on rent strike forcing your bank to put your mortgages into default, and more!) so sometimes settling into a peaceful frame of mind can be helpful

I recommend getting some Enya going on in the background and repeating these out loud, starting quiet and changing your volume as you feel right:

Failure is the opportunity to get revenge

Be so righteous they can't ignore you

Discipline those that can't discipline themselves

I hope this helps you as much as it helps me refocus myself to unleash my energy and power on the world.
hi jeff

you often hear people say "be the change you want to see in the world". have you engaged in self-reflection on this topic, especially as it relates to rent strikes and mortgage payments?
Absolutely! Unfortunately I had to right-size a lot of aspects of my life, so I'm currently living in one of my units. I've been faithfully paying my rent every month and even early, hoping to set a good example to the rest of the tenants. By working alongside the masses, I hope to show them the way to financial security and responsibility.