buy this Hamster an account

swampman posted:

Jet stream rememberance and fond memories thread

you know what it is cold outside and im not happy abt it
i don't drive a car just so i have to deal w snow an shit in mid february

招瑤 posted:

i don't drive a car just so i have to deal w snow an shit in mid february

this is a pro strat, i wouldn't want to be on the road with americans not used to snow right now

damn can we still not embed imgur mp4s
https://i.imgur.com/hjTumJV.mp4
Everyone at my dads house is confined to a single room with a fire and space heaters. He sent me a picture of the cat which was sleeping on top of the internet router for warmth, they call it a “hotspot”.
I saw a post that was like, 'Please, Texas people, do NOT bring your propane grills inside to use as a heating source' which I was later to understand was meant as an actual, informative post and not a joke
report from texas: it's cold, the power has been out until this afternoon, and we have to boil our tap water for the time being. all of this is impeding my progress on the phenomenology of spirit AND i'm out of beer until the roads clear up, so i'm peeved
https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/health/article/Memorial-Hermann-sees-60-carbon-monoxide-15954216.php

Aw come on man
that's horrifying and somber and makes a mockery of my thread mockign the United States for its lots.... just have to soldier on as best I can.
*im perking up a little* on the bright side, dead kids are back at the Rhizzone
I question the efficiency of this decentralized gas chamber network
[account deactivated]

cars posted:

that's horrifying and somber and makes a mockery of my thread mockign the United States for its lots.... just have to soldier on as best I can.

UNUSUALLY COLD

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

gay_swimmer posted:

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/health/article/Memorial-Hermann-sees-60-carbon-monoxide-15954216.phpAw come on man

To avoid carbon monoxide poisoning, experts said people should avoid running their cars to stay warm in garages,

interesting post survival excuse

probably the only situation where owning a tesla doesnt decrease your chances of survival
[account deactivated]
do texans have little "current price of power" displays on the wall by their thermostat & run around the house turning off the lights when it gets too high

招瑤 posted:

do texans have little "current price of power" displays on the wall by their thermostat & run around the house turning off the lights when it gets too high

https://www.thedailybeast.com/dollar5152-power-bill-texas-winter-storm-hell-only-gets-worse?ref=home

Apparently their free-market energy trading provider might send them a text saying they should personally responsibly exercise a contingency plan for emergency electric utility cost increases during a blizzard when wholesale electricity costs $11,000/MW and shop the electric company market without using electricity or freezing to death due to not having access to electricity.

Royce Pierce, a 38-year-old contractor, is one of those Griddy customers who received a notice from the power company to abandon his service—a message he admitted to The Daily Beast he thought was “overly precautionary” as the winter storm loomed.

Now, his bill has skyrocketed over $7,000 in the last two days, he said. As of Wednesday, Pierce owes Griddy $8,162.73 for the month of February—a shocking price considering the bill for his two-story house was $387.70 just last month. Last February, Pierce said he only paid $330.

str_el_boi posted:

this guy designed the system lol

MarxUltor posted:

Now, his bill has skyrocketed over $7,000 in the last two days, he said. As of Wednesday, Pierce owes Griddy $8,162.73 for the month of February—a shocking price considering the bill for his two-story house was $387.70 just last month. Last February, Pierce said he only paid $330.

only $330. for a single month of power. what the actual fuck. the $8k+ price is obviously absurd but... >$300/month isn't??

seriously what in the god damned hell
texas update: roads are clear now and i got some beer. still boiling our drinking water though lol

88888 posted:

leaving the state's power grid to professor "hulk" hogan was an obvious mistake, in retrospect

radical_dave posted:

roads are clear now and i got some beer. still boiling our drinking water though lol

boiled beer? is this one of those southern things

liceo posted:

the gas at night goes far and wide
all through the homes
of texas