tears posted:

gay_swimmer posted:

I'm going to run for shop steward at my work. Anyone with advice on how to undermine and discredit my opponents please DM

get three sheep and label then 1, 2 and 4, then release them, you opponents will spend so long looking for sheep 3 that they wont be able to campaign properly allowing you to effortlessly glide to victory

I've found surprising success releasing sheep numbered -1, 0, 1, and 2. It allows you to position yourself as an honest broker, because there is no deceitfully missing number in the sequence, yet it forces your opponent to expand their thinking and consider the possibility of potentially unlimited missing sheep for every real number integer on the number line.

today i went to my local grocery store and got a big ol'pile of groceries (heil amerikkka). oh no, wait, i left my wallet at home. geez, i hope all those items don't spoil. the ones i promised to come back for. hope that dickhead white boy doesn't have to go around putting all that crap away either. hope that doesn't happen every time i go to that store from now on.
I killed time in a Barnes and Noble (American bookstore) today and counted no less than FOUR copies, back to back, of Mein Kampf prominently displayed. American bookstores are generally trash but that set a record for me, personally.
Libraries too. My local one didn't have anything by Marx but made sure to have at least one copy of Mein Kampf and the Bell Curve.
well after all they are trying to cater to the interests of their patrons
Imagining a guy wandering into Barnes and Noble and purchasing Mein Kampf lol
imagining the fifth guy in one day wandering into barnes & noble and being pissed they're sold out of mein kampf
"hi, yeah, im looking for a book by hitler, you have anything by him?"
"my struggle" is a pretty good title for a book though, a lot catchier than like "interest rates" or "profit" or "capital"
I love when used bookstores have just a massive WWII section with individual shelves for Churchill and Hitler
The two sides of the WWII-obsessed dad coin.
[account deactivated]
Moving all the Mein Kampfs to the art section to own the boomers
guy who thinks everyone's talking about knausgaard]: it's a long book, true, but thanks to the prose style, which survives translation quite nicely, i might add, it's a riveting read
I still have an old banged-up anticommunist book about the Berlin Wall I snatched from my school's library years ago. It's creatively named the Wall of Shame
the controversial author Adolf Hitler

Edited by tears ()

tears posted:

and political activist, reports the NYT

[account deactivated]

MarxUltor posted:

tears posted:

and political activist, reports the NYT

adolf hitler, leader of the german opposition, is gaining grounds against the weimar regime with his anti-corruption platform

one time i went to the second hand book shop that has a shelf for 'beat writers' like ginsberg and kerouac and so on and there was a copy of the turner diaries in there as well, savagely owning the beats forevermore
ive been depressed yet again and i hate it, what a fucking mess!
have you seen this winter's anime sensation pui pui molcar? it will make you feel better for exactly two mins

tears posted:

ive been depressed yet again and i hate it, what a fucking mess!

Critical support for this

I've gone back on SSRIs again so I can look at the computer without thinking about killing myself the whole time. I now only think about it 45-70% of the time.
[account deactivated]

wheatdevil posted:

I've gone back on SSRIs again so I can look at the computer without thinking about killing myself the whole time. I now only think about it 45-70% of the time.

Kaczynski was right

Ditched my very unhelpful therapist and upped my SSRIs. Getting in legal trouble has made my anxiety 10x worse and I feel like I'm being watched half the time.
Playing the age old game of: Is it mental illness or a normal human reaction to their experiences?

Nirvana posted:

Is it mental illness or a normal human reaction to their experiences?

yes

Edited by tears ()

dad's carving gnomes out of packed snow
it can be really hard to find an SSRI that doesn't suck. the process of doing so is basically trial and error, so you might have to try a bunch of shit that either doesn't work at all on your depression/anxiety/whatever or makes you like sleep all day or eat constantly or something else unpleasant.

but, for me, finding an SSRI that both has a noticeable effect on the symptoms of my mental illnesses and that doesn't come with intolerable side-effects has been life changing. enough so that it made the long, unpleasant trial and error process worth it, in the end. so shout out to the SSRI crew; hang in there, all
My coworker is an extreme reactionary Xer who believes he is a scientist and inventor because he fucks around in his garage.

He has been building a free energy / perpetual motion machine in his garage. (It's
Heron's fountain but with magnets.) This is all I hear about for 12 hours a day every day.
I've been trying to be good and not put down other people but my god, imagine being trapped in the room on night shift with a guy who believes he will be richer and more influential than Elon Musk in like three months
my co-worker talks about his cows a lot. i know quite a bit about cows now including how to perform cow abortions and how to birth a difficult cow using a rope. in my opinion cows should be set free

gay_swimmer posted:

My coworker is an extreme reactionary Xer who believes he is a scientist and inventor because he fucks around in his garage.

He has been building a free energy / perpetual motion machine in his garage. (It's
Heron's fountain but with magnets.) This is all I hear about for 12 hours a day every day.

there's gonna be egg on your face when it turns out he really did invent a perpetual motion machine

there's some post out there that ties the egg thing to the cow thing and I aint writing it!!
[account deactivated]

slipdisco posted:

have you seen this winter's anime sensation pui pui molcar? it will make you feel better for exactly two mins

It says Video Unavailable now! Thank you slipdisco. But very annoying and frustrating!