had a nightmare in which some of my hair fell out
I had a close friend die by suicide last year and he's been in most of my dreams ever since. Sometimes he's stabbing me in the neck and other times we're running from the cops together. I prefer the latter ones

Constantignoble posted:

new emerging genre of recurring anxiety dreams identified: my late guinea pigs (last one d. 2016) have in fact been alive this whole time, but just severely neglected and in very poor health

for years I had nearly identical dreams about my late herps (RIP), but most often about reptiles I had never even owned

had a dream that i overtook the oval office by subterfuge. it felt like i did it on a whim, like i was part of a tour grp and saw an opportunity and locked everyone out. this was a future oval office that was located in a shopping mall. it wasn't even taking the space of a large department store but one of stores right next to one of those types of stores. apparently the future secret service will be the keystone kkops of their day because i was able to lie down and pretend i was dead while a bunch of shoppers rubbernecked. i took one of them hostage and then i woke up.
big chunks of last night's dream are now forgotten, but one part is still crystal clear

i was trying to help a friend patch things up with his father, a Ghanaian developmental economist. at one point i was mediating the discussion by roleplaying as said friend, like a displaced conversation thing? idk

growing bold, i volunteer: "Well, we could talk about my time in school. Ask me anything!"

the father responds: "About your studies in economics, or philosophy?"

"Well, uh-..." I glance nervously at my friend.

His dad continues: "Have you learned the truth that all of mankind's accomplishments, great or minuscule, have been in search of silence?"

"Well, no — actually, get back to me about that later, because that sounds super interesting — but maybe I overreached on that one."

I proceed to express that I (still proxying) was sorry for having made him feel like I was pushing him away. "I DO want you in my life," I insist, "But I'm hurting."

That seemed to strike a useful chord with both of them, so I walked away through the crowd that had amassed while the two of them picked up the conversation. A short while later the crowd started applauding, so I think it went well?

then someone at the edge of the crowd sneezed in my face and partly into my open mouth, so i woke up frantically spitting
[account deactivated]
Can’t remember it, but trust me it was interesting.
I rarely have nightmares but the last one involved some petit bourgeois hippie kemalists who run a cafe i really like and are friendly to me and give me free baklava. well thats reality. in the nightmare they went broke, there was some sort of weird psychosexual rage, and violence with everyone dying. not sure what do make of that
that depends, are you armenian or greek or kurdish or arab? if not you are probably in the clear and that baklava is also definitely not poisoned

sovnarkoman posted:

that depends, are you armenian or greek or kurdish or arab?

monkeydonian 2nd gen diaspora; all baklava is delicious poison on account of a genetic disposition to diabeetus

[account deactivated]
I virtually never remember my dreams, but did for once from last night:

Woman introduces me to her roommate in their kitchen, who, upon hearing my white, suburban-sounding accent, incredulously says, "Es tan güero." To prove I understood, I snap back, "He is so white!" realizing right as the words leave my mouth that she had actually said, "Es tan guapo." I figure out that the woman I'm hanging out with, as we're leaving, didn't understand her and is just like, "huh?" at how I acted. I slink away with a mixture of feeling not-Latino-enough, embarrassment, and vanity, all in one, haha.
[account deactivated]
i dreamt i was stung by a bee and woke up

jiroemon1897 posted:

I virtually never remember my dreams, but did for once from last night:

Woman introduces me to her roommate in their kitchen, who, upon hearing my white, suburban-sounding accent, incredulously says, "Es tan güero." To prove I understood, I snap back, "He is so white!" realizing right as the words leave my mouth that she had actually said, "Es tan guapo." I figure out that the woman I'm hanging out with, as we're leaving, didn't understand her and is just like, "huh?" at how I acted. I slink away with a mixture of feeling not-Latino-enough, embarrassment, and vanity, all in one, haha.

i had a dream that someone (i forgot who) turned into a giant wolf and then dissolved into what could only be described as destroyed paper-machet. sounds like a badass gotye music video when i describe it.

serafiym posted:

i had a dream that someone (i forgot who) turned into a giant wolf and then dissolved into what could only be described as destroyed paper-machet. sounds like a badass gotye music video when i describe it.

that was me

Acdtrux posted:

had a dream about a youtube short film where there were time-travelling cigarette-smoking rats invading a woman's house. The movie ended when one of the rats crawled into the woman's mouth.

edit: they couldn't be stopped because they could time-travel

leave me alone

my dream, my nightmare
[account deactivated]
dreamt i was reading a book where a footnote mentions the date when bernie sanders, while in india, died of a heartattack, unsuccessfully searched "bernie sanders" on twitter to verify, and realized the date had not arrived yet! potential here for the next ""big"" creepypasta???
Had the following dream:

A crowd of angry right wing rioters successfully breach the Capitol building. Their target: controversial anti-imperialist communist Congressman Alfonso Escobar (played by Donald Hughes). The mob storm his office and break down the office bathroom door to find him sitting on the toilet.

FASCIST IN A FUR PELT: You China-loving commie!
CONG. ESCOBAR: Uh, actually China is reformist.
Dreamed of browsing the rhizzone... and also a different forum, but an imaginary one. In the imaginary one I remember looking at a thread from 2013 and there was a user with a lobster avi posting their drawings of lobsters and other crustacean creatures. I felt melancholic and nostalgic looking at the forum. When I was browsing the rhizzone, I came across a pretty good post, which was on babyhueypnewton's homepage for some reason. It was something along the lines of how people who put emphasis on bankers, the "elites", and "the rich", are anti-marxists and that there is nothing inherently progressive about that type of rhetoric. Good job whoever that was. I don't remember the avi. There was also real life segments in the dream but the details are fuzzy.
whenever i try to read anything in a dream all the words and letters are constantly shifting, is impossible to get a cogent sentence

there's like don't obvious sorry of rust here that I'm not going to genuine but appreciate it sound have been pretty crisis's just i give they're

Edited by zhaoyao ()

招瑤 posted:

there's like don't obvious sorry of rust here that I'm not going to genuine but appreciate it sound have been pretty crisis's just i give they're

In the middle of an unremarkable domestic dream, I look down at my hands and see that I have somehow torn open the weightlifting callouses at the base of my middle fingers. Instead of blood, I see that the interior of my hands are hollow like a fungal cave, tendrils of skin crisscrossing the void. Shadows inside shift and churn, and every movement I make tears the holes larger. My girlfriend asks what's wrong, but I'm stuttering from fear. I start screaming, and it's so loud I wake myself up.
cut my hand and took a nap, dreamed that I was waiting to use one of a line of like 10 sinks at a crowded and shabby public bathroom. eventually one opened and i went to the first sink but it had no fixtures. went to the second to wash my hands and got concerned about the amount of blood coming from the cut, because the water in the basin wasn't running clear. i turned off the water and looked down and there was a turd sitting on top of the drain turning the water brown. i looked around and the crowd had disappeared.
[account deactivated]
I woke up about 15min before my alarm this morning from the most disturbing dream I've had in recent memory, if ever. I'm not going to describe it because it's both intensely personal and also mostly nonsense, but I will say that it was actually a relief when I realised I had pins and needles in both arms, because I figured the whole thing was probably just a result of low oxygen levels. I just got a referral the other day to get tested for sleep apnea, so I guess I better get on that.
i was singing this song in a dream right before i woke up

I had a dream that I worked for a big tech company. I was late for work and couldn't call a cab but my wife's stepdad and uncle were waiting for me in a Toyota Corolla and my uncle Dave was also there in his Mustang, so I went with my stepfather-in-law.

I come in late and it's just this giant room where all the desks are arranged stadium-style around a central point like a congress hall but much bigger. It's completely quiet and they're about to show us our morning warm-up activity that we do before we start coding or whatever.

Then they bring us an assortment of different kinds of Indian food and sushi, show each dish to us individually, and tell us to break out into groups to write an R&B song about the food. Then I woke up.
i had a dream that i had Creed's Scott Stapp in a cage and i was tormenting him by singing Daughtry songs over a PA system
[account deactivated]
dreamt that my dad was planning to go golfing with OJ Simpson, who was apparently somehow a relative of ours, and being torn between how proud I felt that my dad would be hanging out with someone famous, and how distressed I was that the person in question was OJ Simpson. my dislike of golf itself did not surface in this dream
[account deactivated]
Dream contained a segment with a discussion between powerful Frenchmen. They were planning to sell the region of Saint-Lannes (only exists in dream world) to Italy within the next 10 years. I was astonished and asked why they were selling away the only enjoyable part of France. I don't remember the response.
marxo-freudistly using everyone else’s posts itt to concoct posting strategies to defeat them
I've been having a series of dark and weird dreams which usually would freak me out but instead I've been sort of enjoying them, like I imagine horror movie fans enjoy horror movies.

I had one last night where I was in a library using a computer and there was the faint sound of rock music coming out of the machine whenever I performed certain tasks. I was playing "snake" and I kept trying to mute the whole computer because I was already a little embarrassed about playing video games on a library computer, but the sounds kept groaning out of somewhere. I say somewhere because I couldn't find where the speakers were.

I asked one of the librarians for help fixing it, and he was grumpy but a colleague of his was a pretty young woman who came and helped me. In real life I've been studying some sysadmin stuff and this informed my dream, I felt like I had recently acquired knowledge that would be useful. So I pulled up a Windows powershell and ran some commands and whatnot, and the nice librarian was explaining to me that there was some computer virus on the machine that was making the sounds.

The computer itself had an old black plastic CRT television for a monitor so I thought, hey, let's just turn off the physical volume on the monitor, but that didn't solve anything. Even when we turned the computer off the sounds didn't disappear. The people around us reading books started to get annoyed that we were talking through how to fix the computer and shushed us. "Sorry," I said. "I know it's annoying having to hear us talking it out now but if we figure out how to fix it now it'll just be one day of distraction, instead of this low-level distraction every day."

Somehow we ascertained that the noises weren't actually coming from the computer, but from a basement under the floor of the level we were standing on, so we went down, and everything became dark and dirty and dusty and there was someone or something down there with us, and shadows running across the walls, and faces full of teeth and flesh at the four-framed windows of wooden doors. It all became very confusing at that point and hallucinatory, and I felt strongly like I was hunted, and this feeling continued for what felt like awhile, a high intensity feeling with flight and evasion and terror, until I woke up for whatever reason.

And a few days ago I had this other dream where it was night in Paris right by the Blanche metro station. That's where the Moulin Rouge is but the Moulin Rouge wasn't there, and instead of sex shops and bars there were a bunch of butchers. It was like 11 PM way past curfew but the butchers were bustling and men were chopping meat and the terraces were full of young people. It was like going past a row of bars on a busy night in Paris except instead of drinks people had paper packages full of freshly chopped meat. I went to the window of one butcher's and my dad was working in there chopping meat, which was a surprise because he doesn't live in France. He was excited to see me and chopped me some ribs then said hey, come outside I want you to meet some of my friends. And we were sitting around a table full of young people, and a woman probably younger then me who he was clearly seeing. They went away at some point and I was left awkwardly with some people I didn't know and who acted in a weird cliquish disdainful way towards me.

I went off for a walk and came across this guy named Axel who I had actually met in real life in D.C. years ago, and in real life had seen in Paris for a drink back in 2018 after I'd had a fever. In real life he's very skinny, but in the dream he'd put on a lot of weight, and I asked what he was doing in Paris, and he was very evasive and shook me off. I wandered back to the table by the butchers. It was like 1 A.M. now and all the butchers were closing up. Police were stalking around angrily telling people to go home because it was past curfew. My father came back and invited me up to an apartment, which I recognized as a family member of mine's who lives in Paris in real life. I asked where she was and he said evasively he didn't know, he'd just been staying there for a couple of weeks since he got into town.

I was filled with suspicion but the dark feeling of the dream shifted more to a feeling of like a murder mystery. So it wasn't scary in any sense, but exciting. I went around making inquiries but woke up before finding any resolution to the mystery.
[account deactivated]