Guyovich posted:

anyway here's what you're missing from sa's "new lf":

I would rather fucking end my own life than pretend that Bernie Sanders will not be the fucking President of the United States, which Bernie Sanders will be. Bernie is devoted. I am devoted. Millions of his followers are devoted, and the spirit of Eugene Fucking Debs is devoted to putting this man in the fucking White House.

see as an outsider to american politics i can appreciate this at a step remove, love the energy and psychosis while hoping there is some measure of irony at play. it's obviously way over the top but i am oddly touched by it even if bernie is a massive compromise candidate.

maybe i need to check my privilege, what with corbyn over here having 2 honest to god stalinists as advisers i guess i'm a little spoiled

i am formally lodging a complaint against this thread about an actual professional nato propagandist degenerating into a dreary mock thread pointlessly shadowboxing goon posts. i was going to suggest that if you absolutely have to indulge in this pathetic crap at least put it in a different toilet thread so i can ignore it, but really this is just too shameful and embarrassing.

shriekingviolet posted:

i am formally lodging a complaint against this thread about an actual professional nato propagandist degenerating into a dreary mock thread pointlessly shadowboxing goon posts. i was going to suggest that if you absolutely have to indulge in this pathetic crap at least put it in a different toilet thread so i can ignore it, but really this is just too shameful and embarrassing.

thank you.

shriekingviolet posted:

okay well, the recent OPCW leak that shows they couldn't prove the chemical weapons came from the air and they also suspect people might have just been spraying bleach everywhere and manually planting shells, well eliot was super quiet about it and blocking people on the DL when they brought it up. but now apparently he's going after the prof, ted postol? the prof tried to publish an article discussing the OPCW's conduct and offering a counter analysis in some science journal, and higgins got wind of it, made some calls and got the journal to spike the paper. postal is super pissed and higgins has started up a pathetic smear campaign against a guy who has won awards for his studies of national security and military policy.

pretty galling tbh

the topic of this thread is literally Goon Posts.

ghostpinballer posted:

shriekingviolet posted:

okay well, the recent OPCW leak that shows they couldn't prove the chemical weapons came from the air and they also suspect people might have just been spraying bleach everywhere and manually planting shells, well eliot was super quiet about it and blocking people on the DL when they brought it up. but now apparently he's going after the prof, ted postol? the prof tried to publish an article discussing the OPCW's conduct and offering a counter analysis in some science journal, and higgins got wind of it, made some calls and got the journal to spike the paper. postal is super pissed and higgins has started up a pathetic smear campaign against a guy who has won awards for his studies of national security and military policy.

pretty galling tbh

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2019/09/scientists-clash-over-paper-questions-syrian-government-s-role-sarin-attack

Postol says Bellingcat’s founder, U.K. journalist Eliot Higgins, “has no scientific training, knows no science, and is not interested in learning any science.” He says he has looked at other evidence as well and now believes there was no sarin attack at all, but that local people made it look like one occurred. The investigation reports were faked to justify the U.S. missile attack, Postol says.

Koblentz wrote several emails to Pavel Podvig, one of the journal’s three editors, urging him not to publish the paper. Koblentz didn’t question the computer model, which he says he is not qualified to judge, but said Postol’s past statements disqualified him. “You must approach this latest analysis with great caution,” Koblentz wrote to Podvig. The paper would be “misused to cover up the regime’s crimes” and “permanently stain the reputation of your journal,” he warned.

Hilarious.

also lol'd that NATO is paying for this

he had to make this vague blur look professional somehow so he MS paints a zigzag line denoting "border"
[account deactivated]
He's a big smart boy doing big smart boy things, you wouldn't understand tankie.
the two most frequent contributors to the "new, improved" LF china thread were a HK native informant and his state department contact
whoops
[account deactivated]
i guess you might say he does deserve an emmy for being a notable actor in a supporting role in contemporary american fiction

toyot posted:

looks like he won an international emmy: https://www.submarine.nl/news/bellingcat-wins-the-international-emmy-award/

wait, why is Chris Hedges there?

To throw acid in his face hopefully.

shriekingviolet posted:

To that i say

We will fucking walk straight through the doubters and we shall seize the halls of power with our heads held high.

I have spent decades preparing myself for this struggle and I can assure you, the only victory will come when you close your heart to doubt. We have a long journey ahead of us, Brothers of Bernard.

I have friends who come to me, they are fathers, they are men lost without purpose in life. And I tell them the truth: Not Me, Us. Victory, peace, revolution - they will not be won by an individual. And I learned that from Bernie Sanders, I learned that from Nina Turner, a black woman - WITH THESE HANDS.

And what in the fucking fuck have you contributed to the discourse since then, you lazyass? Bernie, Nina, AOC, etc - are building the foundation to a people's movement, and you are shoving a middle finger up your own ass and pretending it is somehow subversion with every single rotation.

Carl Beijer put it best - leftists should get used to losing. I get it. But you support and you prop up enough leftist leaders, and you get enough fucking people who have fucking had enough of this shit, and it turns into a fucking game of dominoes.

And you, R Guy, have contributed fucking nothing. There is no financial, egotistical, etc. incentive for you to do anything but be a shitheaded troll - and real people like me and Wampa and whoever else feels the need to clown on you - are out there in the streets pushing people to seize the halls of power.

I'd rather fist fight you in a back alley than pretend like this idiotic feud amounts to anything. I hate the Democrats. I will hate them as long as I live. Bernie Sanders is NOT EVEN A DEMOCRAT and that is why I support him. So many of us believe better things are possible - and you actively choose to act like a fucking kidney stone ridden cat, instead of offering any sort of constructive assistance.
Taintrunner fucked around with this message at Jul 14, 2019 around 03:41

blastoise posted:

the two most frequent contributors to the "new, improved" LF china thread were a HK native informant and his state department contact

It would be great to just roll the tanks into Beijing, try the Standing Committee for genocide and watch them all swing, but that's not how it works with nuclear powers.

All you can do is wage an information warfare campaign to try to destabilize the government from the inside in hopes of spurring a revolution or coup that installs a substantially less evil regime.

war criminal

sovnarkoman posted:

damn that dude out-bellingcatted bellingcat

sovnarkoman posted:

For those who (like myself, until now) neglected to click through and find the blog post where he spells it all out in detail with links: https://www.hiddensyria.com/2019/07/12/confirmed-staged-chlorine-attack-in-aleppo-2016/

bunch of real journalists have started getting pinched for questioning douma and the state dept./bellingcat narrative lol

https://www.mintpressnews.com/newsweek-tareq-haddad-quits-syria-douma-opcw/263292/

cars posted:

the topic of this thread is literally Goon Posts.

You might prepare yourself for a big influx of them.

[account deactivated]
premier investigative reporter of our generation: buhhh any evidence for that bold assertion about the CIA funding front groups???
I have never taken any funding from the CIA. As you can clearly see from these records, all my crowdfunding comes from individuals named A. P. Lant
after all these years i still can't tell if he's incredibly fucking stupid or just doesn't put in any effort because he thinks everyone else is. one of the Great Mysteries

shriekingviolet posted:

after all these years i still can't tell if he's incredibly fucking stupid or just doesn't put in any effort because he thinks everyone else is. one of the Great Mysteries

he's extremely gbs so obviously the answer is, Both

Brown Moses was plucked out of long-term unemployment, essentially by lottery, for the unexceptional skill of arguing at length from NATO propaganda sources that NATO is correct. The key phrase is "at length". His favored style is oblique perseveration. His favored method is to use a computer program to draw a circle over a picture he finds on Google when he's 75-100% done writing an article. He runs a USAID-funded shell company where he trains people in this method and nods in vague approval at their output. If he's anything like the "Brown Moses" who displayed his personality to us like the innards of a chloroform-soaked frog in a high school science class—and he's obviously exactly the same guy right down to that post from three days ago—he still has impostor syndrome, plus whatever syndrome you get when you realize you are the impostor. He knows he was granted his sinecure for no reason adhering to him, his skills or his intelligence, a role that, even in the utmost future pedophilic disgrace, will sustain him on "speaker fees" until he taps out to the plaque deposits in his arteries. Why would he give a single pebbly shit what anyone has to say in argument against him.

cars posted:

plus whatever syndrome you get when you realize you are the impostor

brown moses syndrome

it would be really awkward to think you're the impostor and then find out you aren't
Perseverance
“Perseveration” is a symptom from psychopathology that describes an inability to interrupt a task or change your approach to a situation. I learned it as a child from the epic Michael Crichton book The Terminal Man where an epileptic cyborg stabs a woman in a diagonal pattern that continues past her body and across the mattress beneath her, in the manner of a U.S. bombing campaign where the bombs dropped still vastly outnumber the staggering total of people murdered.

https://thegrayzone.com/2021/02/20/reuters-bbc-uk-foreign-office-russian-media

solidar posted:

lol haven't see that tag before

https://thegrayzone.com/2021/02/20/reuters-bbc-uk-foreign-office-russian-media

i got a laugh out of the fact that the pussy riot group was included in this.

also that there is some group or outlet calling themselves "Meduza" - i will never understand why all these groups are constantly naming themselves after villains and monsters. it's like they sprung up out of a comic book - "Presenting the new group to represent human rights and freedom of the press: The Legion of Doom. Their statement says they call themselves that because they will bring doom to the 'true villains' and no other reason. We now will go live to their headquarters which happens to be a giant skull that can sink into the swamp."

this is an older article, but is something i remembered when i saw reuters get named in this set of leaks. the tldr is that reuters is 1 of only 3 news groups that does any original reporting on international issues. so when they are at the center of something like this it is pretty much guaranteed that the same lines will be echoed across the entire landscape of western news media
https://swprs.org/the-propaganda-multiplier/
Well, wrap it up boys, Twitter has deployed the dreaded "This is 100% true but you're not supposed to look at it :(" warning. Now we can't know that Higgins is a CIA errand boy because it's not allowed. Foiled again!
it's really sick how completely true stuff gets leaked and they put a big sign on it saying it was hacked and that makes it illegal to believe in or discuss
fully scandalized to learn i can now read words that some motherfucker at one time wished i not, potentially through the actions of another

Edited by Constantignoble ()