cars posted:

wondering how many GME bux it took to make former poster Keven disappear his Twitter account. rip

to put it in perspective, he posted on here once about how much he expected to be sitting on from investments when he retired early. Spitballing, if he had 1/2 of that figure already to play with as of New Years Day, and I don't know that he did, but if he did and put 10% of that on call options when he got heavy into Gamestop, he could at least possibly have acquired net worth around the mid eight digits over the last 15 days. Video games
I read about this whole thing very carefully over the weekend and decided to have fun with it with a little bit of cash and now my rent is covered for February
someone else handled all of this for me so I made some money too as a PB social parasite. Looking forward to dying on top of my filthy lucre
I'd call it the wages of Online except this is the one thing where I'm the less online one. The account is in my name though so I'm not technically a sex worker, though I have had sex, as this post has already established.
Thread is going places :11tea: :allears:
lol, did keven get rich, some one fill me in, ive been playing video games
instead of playing video games i independently rediscovered how to make risotto while knowing nothing about it other than that you like toast the rice some? anyway it turned out great. i guess i played video games some too though

tears posted:

lol, did keven get rich, some one fill me in, ive been playing video games

Keven read the posting of le epic reddit Gamestop anti-short investor club "wallstreetbets". so he possibly made epically literal millions of dollars on options considering when and how he was talking about the stock on Twitter & I doubt he made less than six figures if he went the call option route. and that's if he was just goofing around with how much he put into it. Gamestop stock as of 4 PM Eastern today was priced at about 20 times its price at closing on the first Monday of 2021.

keven is almost certainly a millionaire. more importantly, while walking back from the cupboard (grabbed some peek freans), I had an "a ha" moment about a particularly tricky Quern puzzle that I've been stuck on for about a day. I quickly rushed back to my computer, opened the game, and realized my solution didn't make any sense
I think there's only 2 games on the 2021 release slate that I plan to pick up: Super Mario 3D World, and Nier: Replicant. To me, that means it's shaping up to be a good year in Game's.
I started playing Cowboys game 2 again. I take back what I said about it just being a C-plus hold-em game because it's also a 4-in-1 dominoes game, something I've never tried as a video game before so I don't know how to rate it (B-minus). I also found out that you can make the Carolina parakeet extinct in it so that's got me hard as a diamond obviously.
I also finally did the last hunt in Iceborne and since I'm a slime/blast head I soloed with no cart on my first run even though I had no idea about anything in it beforehand. That was fun so I'm playing Monster hunter again with new & old friends and daily combating the Illuminati myth of blast resistance.
MHW's last mission made me think of how I never have video games or movies or TV shows "spoiled" for me because I just can't care about reviews or articles on them before I get around to them, they're like water off a duck's ass to me if I ever look at them. I didn't play Skyrim until 2 years & after it came out after my school had already posted a bunch of Skyrim memes about our football team, I'd had people push me to play Morrowind and Oblivion at different times but I didn't play them until later or even notice or remember their names, so when I put Skyrim in for the first time I was like... wtf.. Arena had sequels??
My theory is that if guys like Keven are able to find ways to make millions of dollars on the stock market then millions of dollars is basically worthless at this point. Not to detract from any accomplishments
I think I know what you mean swampman, but otoh some group or another of non-professional investors has made millions of dollars on the stock market every year since it first became possible for non-professional investors to make millions of dollars on the stock market. It's why I don't really get when people kick themselves over it when someone like them benefits tbh, from this or bitcoin or whatever's the latest one, because that's how betting works, if you let people like some guy you know place a bet, then people like some guy you know will be found among the winners, a group that may include some guy you know. I'm not pals with the posting millionaire here or anything like that but I'm glad if he made a smart bet and it means he's not out on some permafrost work site watching truck wrecks burn all night, that sounded like it sucked.
but sure, the scale isn't comparable to the institution supposedly under populist siege, it's not at risk as a model and probably not as a highly legally flexible individual entity, not when Citadel throws 2 billion in through the short seller's window as soon as it suffers a 30% loss over one short. It's also a joke when people talk about how this finally reveals the underlying corruption of Wall Street or how valuation is unmoored from productive forces, how professional traders are coked-up idiots, etc., we're ~14 years out from the last big fat time that was allegedly revealed to the theoretical embarrassment of whoever was supposed to be embarrassed that the government had to throw money in through their window to ensure there would be taxes to collect later. That time it kicked off a global depression so everyone had good reason to notice, and everyone paying attention already knew that stuff back then too, because of the dot-com bubble.

But relatively speaking a couple million dollars after taxes is still enough to bring to a professional investor handling individual wealth accounts and ask, Where should I put this to make money over time, and not have them look at you like you asked the same thing about a pubic hair, which is how they will react if you only have 10% of that amount.
my congratulations to small time parasites sticking it to the big parasites by stealing a larger share of stolen third world labor
all the small time guys like keven deserve to be millionaires more than the nepotistic parasite big time guys who just inherited all their wealth so i wish the former all the best in having to worry a little less about the rat race as our world rockets towards climate apocalypse

cars posted:

I think I know what you mean swampman, but otoh some group or another of non-professional investors has made millions of dollars on the stock market every year since it first became possible for non-professional investors to make millions of dollars on the stock market. It's why I don't really get when people kick themselves over it when someone like them benefits tbh, from this or bitcoin or whatever's the latest one, because that's how betting works, if you let people like some guy you know place a bet, then people like some guy you know will be found among the winners, a group that may include some guy you know. I'm not pals with the posting millionaire here or anything like that but I'm glad if he made a smart bet and it means he's not out on some permafrost work site watching truck wrecks burn all night, that sounded like it sucked.

Yea it means personal security but not political power. is what I meant. But maybe he will find something good to do with it and get respect even from the angry people who missed out (not me - i'm laughing)

but I seriously honestly 100% don't get how some people I know make it through life when I see every news story about successful speculation sending them spiraling into a fit of self-recrimination, it's always the same people, it's like a hypochondria of capital. We will literally never run out of those stories as long as markets exist and someone reports on them, endless and overlapping waterfalls of text explaining all the ways anyone could have become wealthy, if they had only become wealthy
LF: those belgian guys or whatever who robbed banks and gave the money to third world revolutionaries are the best

LF after raiding wall street: time to log off, kick back and wait for climate death.
the obsession doesn't line up to need real or imagined even compared to others, the mirror image of it is how we had "leftist" conspiracy theorists jumping out of their seats trying to implicate BlackRock or whatever big house for GME payday with the full might of their galaxy brains, because the way capital churns capital in a firm like that obviously isn't by putting everything on 00 and spinning the wheel (and really that would be 2.6 or 2.7%, astronomically better odds than the equivalent in securities). If you're a big-time asset manager or an investment bank, essentially you bet on almost everything and also against it at the same time and if you're really nice you don't openly lie to your personal pals about it. If that stops working you tell the government that if you don't have a steady flow of daily gambling money, a bunch of people will get hurt and get mad at the government at the same time the government will have less money to bribe this or that group of them to shut up, so you need a pay-off up front because it's the safest choice. Your hedge there is you make sure the gun is loaded at all times. When squiggly line goes down the wealthy are insured, the non-lumpen poor suffer and perish in proportion, unless & until it's literally a revolutionary situation.

Again this is just general knowledge renewed every time there's a dive anywhere in the markets that makes it out of the business section so it's weird to see Marxists forgetting it.

Flying_horse_in_saudi_arabia posted:

LF: those belgian guys or whatever who robbed banks and gave the money to third world revolutionaries are the best

LF after raiding wall street: time to log off, kick back and wait for climate death.

poster Keven, tempted away by gamer bux from his dream job as a Marxist mega-terrorist battling climate change through seed money for third world revolutionaries

im still playing tetris and im trying to learn new techniques

Edited by Chthonic_Goat_666 ()

I saw forums poster Keven at a grocery store in Brooklyn yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for preorders or anything.
He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?” I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off.
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
this whole thing reminds me that i can't relate to most devastating things about the 2008 recession besides one of my uncles being unemployed for about a week because the local pipe welding place got shut down. no house in the first place, no retirement plans, most of the time living on welfare, etc. maybe there was more i'm not remembering because i was younger but fundamentally the structure of my life wasn't changed. kinda surreal

https://www.reddit.com/r/wallstreetbets/comments/l6omry/an_open_letter_to_melvin_capital_cnbc_boomers_and/

edit: if this is off-topic, my favorite video game to play during the recession was GTA san andreas.
been playing feudalism simulator 2.0, started in the 8th century as the tribal count of province in ireland with a really long name i can't pronounce, now im the cathar empress of brittania (alba, whatever) circa 1066 ad. recently conquered sunni scotland in a series of holy wars, next need to clean the iconoclastic norwegians out of essex, then all that'll be left is the rump of the welsh kingdom of brythoniaid which somehow managed to enter into a dynastic union with the crown of ghana

88888 posted:

I saw forums poster Keven at a grocery store in Brooklyn yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for preorders or anything.
He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?” I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off.

When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen call options in his hands without paying.

As we have already mentioned, the motives of the KAK leadership for the illegal practice were not necessarily the same as those of the individuals involved. We believe that the leadership had two major motives: to provide financial support for the liberation movements and to train KAK members in illegal activities. For us—none of whom was part of the leadership at that time—there was only one motive, and that was to support the liberation movements as effectively as possible. That was the reason for agreeing to participate in these actions when we were asked to. We always discussed options other than robberies. We thought about making money through investments—but no one in KAK (or M-KA, in later years) knew anything about investments.

-Niels Jørgensen, Torkil Lauesen, and Jan Weimann

Keven - if you're reading this, you know what to do

I support JDPON for the lifestyle, always wanted to explore exotic places
keven, if you read this: u still gonna die b*tch

the only game on my wishlist is dorf fortress w/graphics and god knows how long that'll take to come out
I'm now good at cogmind

whatevers going on with gamestop I imagine a bunch of pension funds are going to wind up paying for it
Cogmind looks so cool
Keven came back y’all.